Alain / Jessie swap - The New Order

I too am glad i followed this thread and discovered A-ha had new music. I loved 2009's Foot of the Mountain. I hadn't paid attention much since then and this post triggered me to find out about 2015's Cast in Steel, and so far I really like it!
They have a new album out this fall, and their new single is gorgeous. Check it out, it’s called I’m In.

I was never a Jesse fan as a music player and as a person
My mind was changed, somewhat, the moment he did " I Thought You Were Dead " , I think that and River Clean are two of M's best tracks since the 90s
However, It's clear Jesse kills Smiths' songs stone dead, he just hasn't got the chops. To be fair to him Alain and Boz also struggled for years trying to recapture them. They have had a lot of practice now and so do quite a good job.
The fact Jesse was considered less than great, made people reevaluate Alain's work- a bit like the effect Trump had on George Bush - when Trump got in, suddenly people started saying Bush, wasn't that bad.

I have no idea what will happen, the competition is good for the fans as it will make Alain and Jesse will work extra hard.
In the 90s both Alain and Boz were often criticised by fans but I thought it was a bit unfair. It was a shame Alain went when he did he seemed to have been on a roll he did Life Is A Pigstye, Ganglord, I Have Forgiven Jesus and so on .
Im really looking forward to hearing his new songs.
We'll be lucky to hear Bonfire let alone the next album with Alain's compositions.

I was never a Jesse fan as a music player and as a person
My mind was changed, somewhat, the moment he did " I Thought You Were Dead " , I think that and River Clean are two of M's best tracks since the 90s
However, It's clear Jesse kills Smiths' songs stone dead, he just hasn't got the chops. To be fair to him Alain and Boz also struggled for years trying to recapture them. They have had a lot of practice now and so do quite a good job.
The fact Jesse was considered less than great, made people reevaluate Alain's work- a bit like the effect Trump had on George Bush - when Trump got in, suddenly people started saying Bush, wasn't that bad.

I have no idea what will happen, the competition is good for the fans as it will make Alain and Jesse will work extra hard.
In the 90s both Alain and Boz were often criticised by fans but I thought it was a bit unfair. It was a shame Alain went when he did he seemed to have been on a roll he did Life Is A Pigstye, Ganglord, I Have Forgiven Jesus and so on .
Im really looking forward to hearing his new songs.
Thanks for that brilliant insight. You are clearly on first name terms with everyone in the band. You clearly have a dazzling political intellect too. Bravo.

Probably the most underrated mainstream band still in existence.

Thirty seven years, ten albums later and millions of album sales later and most Americans still think that they're a one hit wonder.

Moz would kill for their sales figures.
Aha! Are you Alan Partridge!? Or Morten Harkett's mum!? Off to bed now. This is a conversation about Mozzer, not some washed up 80s pop group.

Aha! Are you Alan Partridge!? Or Morten Harkett's mum!? Off to bed now. This is a conversation about Mozzer, not some washed up 80s pop group.
You're right, its about ole' Mogsy's last album and tour selling less than 20% of a-ha's last album and tour.

Who's the washed up artist?

Back
Top Bottom