Alain gone for good

T

thedude

I think the inset for "Live at Earl's Court" pretty much1 confirms it. In the "Without Whom" (thanks to) section, Alain isn't listed, and its a pretty sizable list. I would have thought he would have been the first listed if he and Moz were still on good terms.

Unless they've decided to wind all the fans up because they know we watch every move they make.

It would be a way to get revenge for all the nasty stuff said about Alain and Morrissey wouldn't it?

Re: Alain gone for good (FAO UNCLESKINNY ALSO)

It's an interesting one, good observation by the way. But the feelers have been put out there and the vibe certain board members have is that alain may make a return in a bout of touring this year. Would you like to elaborate on this skinny?

Deano

Re: Alain gone for good (FAO UNCLESKINNY ALSO)

> It's an interesting one, good observation by the way. But the feelers have
> been put out there and the vibe certain board members have is that alain
> may make a return in a bout of touring this year. Would you like to
> elaborate on this skinny?

> Deano

Well Deano, I got a stray e-mail (sent to someone by a person who must have mistakenly sent it to me also) indicating that something was afoot with Alain. I have heard from others that he is due for a return also. As always, I stand up to be knocked down, but I can only pass on what I know.

Sk.

What about the other musicians/songwriters, are they listed? Anyway, Alain didn't play at Earls Court, so does he really belong in the "Without Whom" section?

> What about the other musicians/songwriters, are they listed? Anyway, Alain
> didn't play at Earls Court, so does he really belong in the "Without
> Whom" section?

He wrote a good share of the SONGS! I'd say that qualifies for the "without whom" section!!

And don't think Morrissey's liner notes don't tell you who's in and who's out. After all, as soon as Morrissey realized what David Tseng's all about, you never saw that name or the URL to this site in any notes from Morrissey again.

> He wrote a good share of the SONGS! I'd say that qualifies for the
> "without whom" section!!

johnny marr co-wrote a good share of the songs too. was his name mentioned?

> johnny marr co-wrote a good share of the songs too. was his name
> mentioned?

Of course his name wasn't mentioned. Morrissey doesn't like Johnny Marr anymore. Your example makes my point.

It's possible that in the weeks between whenever Morrissey wrote the liner notes and today he's communicated with Alain and maybe Alain will take part in the next album. Gary Day was allowed back, after all. But I do think Alain's being excluded from the "without whoms" is a bad sign.

> Of course his name wasn't mentioned. Morrissey doesn't like Johnny Marr
> anymore. Your example makes my point.

> It's possible that in the weeks between whenever Morrissey wrote the liner
> notes and today he's communicated with Alain and maybe Alain will take
> part in the next album. Gary Day was allowed back, after all. But I do
> think Alain's being excluded from the "without whoms" is a bad
> sign.

I think its definitely a bad sign (or a sign at least- personally I am not a big fan of Alain and feel he has gotten stale). The difference w/ Marr, Langley, and whomever else co-wrote music w/ Moz is that they didn't drop out mid-tour due to an "illness" that was never addressed apart from dedicating one song to him shortly after the departure. Out of pure loyalty for the length of time Alain has been w/ Moz, and writing some of his best music, there is no way Moz would have left him out unless there is some serious bad blood there.

He wasn't thanked in "My Early Burglary Years" either, so it doesn't mean a thing.

> What about the other musicians/songwriters, are they listed? Anyway, Alain
> didn't play at Earls Court, so does he really belong in the "Without
> Whom" section?

Besides that, SPENCER was thanked on that list--and he had already left the band.

This has a similar ring to the speculation that the absence of songwriting credits on the Platinum Edition of YATQ / I Have Forgiven Jesus maxi single was also a similar dig. But you'll recall that Boz also wrote songs AND the two B-sides in question and everything is fine with him and Morrissey, so why should that have any bearing?

Alain is featured VERY prominently in Who Put the M in Manchester; in fact, he probably has the most screen time after Morrissey--at the least, neck and neck with Boz. Surely if a rift had developed between them, Morrissey would have taken the usual route of all the previously excommunicated and just edited him out for the most part.

Cheers,

Jamie

> He wrote a good share of the SONGS! I'd say that qualifies for the
> "without whom" section!!

> And don't think Morrissey's liner notes don't tell you who's in and who's
> out. After all, as soon as Morrissey realized what David Tseng's all
> about, you never saw that name or the URL to this site in any notes from
> Morrissey again.

Boz wrote a good share of the songs too, is he there?

Re: He wasn't thanked in "My Early Burglary Years" either, so it doesn't mean a thing.

> Besides that, SPENCER was thanked on that list--and he had already left
> the band.

> This has a similar ring to the speculation that the absence of songwriting
> credits on the Platinum Edition of YATQ / I Have Forgiven Jesus maxi
> single was also a similar dig. But you'll recall that Boz also wrote songs
> AND the two B-sides in question and everything is fine with him and
> Morrissey, so why should that have any bearing?

> Alain is featured VERY prominently in Who Put the M in Manchester; in
> fact, he probably has the most screen time after Morrissey--at the least,
> neck and neck with Boz. Surely if a rift had developed between them,
> Morrissey would have taken the usual route of all the previously
> excommunicated and just edited him out for the most part.

> Cheers,

> Jamie

Here are the reasons alain is NOT leaving the band:

1. He left the tour due to an "illness" on the MOZ himself acknowledged on stage
2. Morrissey dedicated "no one can hold a candle to you" on his b-day while playing a show in Denmark. Calling Alain a very good friend etc.
3. NOw, for the last time: IF you study the situation carefully you will see that Alain is recovering from addiction to pain medication. I have said it before but it makes sense. First, his back problems are very serious. Causing a show to cancell once. Naturally, he would seek to remedy this problem by using something like oxy or vicodin. Why you say? well most of you say that in his final shows his playing was "off" as in not like normal. THis was becuase of the affect codine has on your hearing as well as your motor skills. And lastly, i have known a bunch of people who were hooked on that stuff accidentially, and ALain's weight gain and overall appearance is undoubetdly from narcotic addiction. I just dont believe for a second that it was "recreational" drugs. Which explains why Morrissey even acknowledged his absence and dedicated a song etc.
He is still in the band.

as soon as Morrissey realized what David Tseng's

> After all, as soon as Morrissey realized what David Tseng's all
> about, you never saw that name or the URL to this site in any notes from
> Morrissey again.

What is David Tseng all about? I don't understand or have missed something.

Re: as soon as Morrissey realized what David Tseng's

> What is David Tseng all about? I don't understand or have missed
> something.

nothing wron with david as far as i can see i mean he doesn't really have to take all this shit from certain people does he? yet he carries on with the site ,anyone else would have shut it down ages ago but not david ,fair play to the guy.

Alain's Return.

The speculation on this subject is totally bewildering. Alain will return when he is ready.

Strawberry.

> I think the inset for "Live at Earl's Court" pretty much1
> confirms it. In the "Without Whom" (thanks to) section, Alain
> isn't listed, and its a pretty sizable list. I would have thought he would
> have been the first listed if he and Moz were still on good terms.

> Boz wrote a good share of the songs too, is he there?

Boz doesn't need to be thanked in the "those without whom" section as he's listed as "guitars (left), congas, clairinet and backround vocals," and is in two photos in the artwork.

Alain Whyte co-wrote 7 of the tracks. Two of them are the best singles Morrissey's had in ages - "First of the Gang" and "I Have Forgiven Jesus." That Charlie Brown dude gets mentioned, though, I guess because he did that phoney call to KROQ for Morrissey.

Re: as soon as Morrissey realized what David Tseng's

> What is David Tseng all about? I don't understand or have missed
> something.

A couple years ago David posted a "news" item that allegedly libeled Morrissey. Accused Morrissey of not paying his tour employees.

At the time I defended David Tseng on freedom of speech grounds. But now that I see what a censorous person David Tseng is, I started to rethink that position, and started to see Morrissey's side of it. I still think it was silly for Morrissey's lawyers to send threats to David Tseng, however I also think Morrissey is justified in being angry with the journalism of this site. This web site was dealing in vicious rumors and had the lowest of journalistic standards. Anyway, Morrissey excommunicated David Tseng in the aftermath and went and created his own web site.

Yes, Boz has let himself go. That one pic in LIVE AT EARL'S is, um, not his best

Not to mention that the "without whom's" are for his tour staff, not friends/family