Akron, OH - Akron Civic Theatre (June 29, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / First Of The Gang To Die / Ganglord / Staircase At The University / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Yes, I Am Blind / Istanbul / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / The Bullfighter Dies / Now My Heart Is Full / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // What She Said

setlist provided by ThievesLikeUs

• Morrissey Shows Why He's a Singular Talent by Jeff Niesel, photos by Joe Kleon (25 total) - Cleveland Scene. Link posted by an anonymous person.

akron.jpg

Last edited:

Jay Hornack ‏@panicstlawyer · 12 minutes ago
Now a shoutout to Michelle Bachmann and "Ann Clouter" before "... Crashing Bores." #Morrissey

thisbroad ‏@thisbroad · 36 minutes ago
Shout out from Moz, Y-towners. "All the way from Youngstown, Boz Boorer!" #Morrissey #Akron

Jay Hornack ‏@panicstlawyer · 49 minutes ago  Akron, OH
Obligatory Mozza shoutout to Chrissie Hynde tonight in her hometown, before "... Paris" #Morrissey

Community Counseling ‏@CCC_Ashtabula · 1 hour ago
"On a wet Monday night, it's either here or Walmart." ~ Stephen Patrick Morrissey

Jay Hornack ‏@panicstlawyer · 1 hour ago
"This is performance art. Performance art." Morrissey mixing up the set list in Akron!

Fool in the Rain ‏@kostuch · 8 minutes ago
One song into #Morrissey encore, lady rushes the stage. Moz tossed his shirt into crowd. Show’s over. @dailymoz #Akron

Last edited by a moderator:
Set lust?

fantastic show - excellent setlist. he opened the show w/ an a capella version of pretenders' "talk of the town". he did amazingly powerful version of "what she said" as encore. he also did an excellent "yes, i am blind"

Suedehead
Alma Matters
First of the Gang to Die
Ganglord
Staircase at the University
Speedway
World Peace Is None of Your Business
Kiss Me a Lot
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
Yes, I Am Blind
Istanbul
Neal Cassady Drops Dead
The Bullfighter Dies
Now My Heart Is Full
I Will See You in Far-Off Places
The World Is Full of Crashing Bores
Meat Is Murder
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Encore:
What She Said

Last edited by a moderator:
thought Crissie Hynde was Brittish , thanks as always DocinWestChester for the great opener, the clip ,photogaphs and the tweets,
about Akron gig

:thumb:

'and they say he's mentall'...at age 50 still leaning about musichistory.....

Last edited:
I am so excited for tonight, it just seems like Morrissey is having a really great tour.

Paying us back for the cancellations big time.

What's the deal with the Bruce Lee interest now? Asian Rut?

Chrissie Hynde was born in Akron, Ohio. Listen to "My City is Gone".

Third row in Akron tonight. Had tickets in the balcony, but bought third row this morning. Gave the other seats to two gentleman in the back of the balcony. First time live. Have plenty of photos and memories. Amazing, amazing show.

Last edited:
It was a fabulous set; the band was so good too and the acoustics in the theatre outstanding. I think Moz had a cold -- he was sneezing a lot, but the show went on! The pre show video was outstanding - the vintage video homage to the Dolls was priceless. Who was the woman on the video after the Dolls? If you are going to a future show, tell your friends to go, who knows when he'll be back. Great use of video throughout the show to emphasize his convictions. I'm really glad I saw him - he's in the same class as Bowie, Bryan Ferry, Bono Rod Stewart as a performer / crooner.

Third row in Akron tonight. Had tickets in the balcony, but bought third row this morning. Gave the other seats to two gentleman in the back of the balcony. First time live. Have plenty of photos and memories. Amazing, amazing show.

May I ask how you scored those tickets last minute? I'm trying to do the same for Chicago!!!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom