AI generated Morrissey/Smiths setlist

T. H. Auden

Let's say you're working at a record company/corporation and responsible for an artist. You are directed to use Artificial Intelligence and modern algorithm softwares to maximize the profit for the company as much as you can. An AI program will for example make the setlists and pick venues/cities for your artist's tours. Let's just for fun say this artist is Morrissey. If the AI was fed the input to produce the most popular/successful show/tour of Morrissey, which songs do you think it would have chosen for the shows?

Let's say you're working at a record company/corporation and responsible for an artist. You are directed to use Artificial Intelligence and modern algorithm softwares to maximize the profit for the company as much as you can. An AI program will for example make the setlists and pick venues/cities for your artist's tours. Let's just for fun say this artist is Morrissey. If the AI was fed the input to produce the most popular/successful show/tour of Morrissey, which songs do you think it would have chosen for the shows?
the show would be manchester obviously.
it would be the big hitters.
there is a light.
how soon.
sunday.
first of.
queen is.

my algorithm has blown a fuse,but you get the general idea.

And what cover song could generate most interest? What publicity stunt could we orchestrate? What duet could generate publicity? This is how the record companies function these days, I'm afraid, and perhaps the reason why Morrissey won't get a deal soon. But this is why we love him too, I think, because he's not a dog on a chain. The eternal outsider, with spine and intelligence. A real artist really

I feel confident that @Gregor Samsa will be along shortly to assist on this. Without doubt he'll try and squeeze in his personal, algorithmed, or unalgorithmed, Top Ten (venue and tracks) of all time :rolleyes: .

And what cover song could generate most interest? What publicity stunt could we orchestrate? What duet could generate publicity? This is how the record companies function these days, I'm afraid, and perhaps the reason why Morrissey won't get a deal soon. But this is why we love him too, I think, because he's not a dog on a chain. The eternal outsider, with spine and intelligence. A real artist really
cover song--chain gang.
publicity stunt--M is a contestant on strictly come dancing.
duet--miley cirus.

Back
Top Bottom