Aguilera's butchery of the National Anthem is what you'd expect in Obama's America

Re: Aguilera's butchery of the National Anthem is what you'd expect in Obama's Americ

Some of what Theo said about her singing is completely true. Huge voice, but doesn't seem to have developed the sensitivity to use it to best advantage. I don't blame Obama (for once). I blame Simon Cowell.

She's so all over the place, and her timing's so off, you couldn't even try and sing along if you wanted to be polite and go with her. She's a flat-out horrendous singer. Yet somehow she is hired to sing that song at that event on that massive stage.

I suppose American Idol does encourage Aguilera's sort of singing, but I've heard several American Idol contestants do the National Anthem far better.

For example, here's Carrie Underwood:

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5ABKcJ4zcyI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5ABKcJ4zcyI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

And you can find plenty of YouTubes of little kids, 6 and 7 years old, doing it far better than Aguilera.

What I don't get is how someone like Aguilera doesn't understand she should just sing the damn song.

Re: Aguilera's butchery of the National Anthem is what you'd expect in Obama's Americ

As for Obamas America. It is not his America, I will never associate him with America. He is the worst president that America has had since Carter ran the country into the ground, but this dip shit is doing it worse. He has no idea how to be a proper president. All he does is try to give handouts, and cover up questions so he won't have to answer. His healthcare plan is a joke and will never work. I will never call Obama the president. He is NOT my president. The US is a laughing stock with this joker in office. Next thing you know, the government will be telling you how much electricity to use each day and give each household a limited amount of water to use each day. Thank GOD the Republicans have the seat.

I hear ya, man.

I live in the suburbs of Cleveland, and last year Forbes ranked Cleveland the "most miserable" city in America. It's a city that's been dominated, for decades, almost exclusively by corrupt Democrats of the Cook County Illinois pesuasion.

But now I see on this year's list of the "most miserable cities" that Cleveland is only #10.

It's not because Cleveland has improved in any way. If anything, Cleveland is more miserable now than a year ago. No, it's because in Obama's America the rest of the country is being dragged down to Cleveland's level. Enjoy.

Last edited:

Christina was born during Reagan's presidency, and the bulk of her commercial success took place during the Bush II era... I'd say she's all their fault.

A couple people in this thread have mentioned American Idol. A lot of America approached the last presidential election as if they thought they were voting for the next Americn Idol, and that is why America is currently being wrecked.

Christina Aguilera was amongst them. Here's Christina making a photo-op out of her fashionable vote for Obama:

voteing_1.jpg
voteing_2.jpg

Looks like she went out to the trendy stores to purchase a new cap before going to the polls.

Christina is a singer who was catapulted by the media to the top of pop music without ever having had to accomplish anything. She's never given a great performance, never released a great song, never put out a good album, and from all evidence she doesn't have the slightest clue how to even sing...no matter how impressive her vocal cords may be. But she believes the hype about herself, so despite all her raw talents, she remains stuck on sucking. She comes off like a campy parody of a singer.

And then she's hired for the high honor of singing the anthem at the biggest sporting event in America, and she's like, "Don't worry, I got this! Have you heard about my vocal cords? I'll just feel the moment and everyone will love it! I'm the best singer of my generation! I read it in the press!"

And the result was a complete debacle that made everyone feel something is wrong with the country when this chick is butchering our National Anthem in the most widely watched event of the year.

I don't know if I have a legit point in this thread. It was merely the feeling I had when I saw her, that this fit right in with the era of Obama and a nation going off its rails and into decline. She's not the first to screw up the song, but it seemed, at that prominent event, to be a sign of the times.

As for Obama, he was a community organizer who suddenly was being called the most brilliant politician the world had ever seen. Obama believed the hype about himself, too. He thought he'd prance into the White House saying, "I got this! I'll show ya SMART diplomacy -- I'll just go overseas and kiss the butts of our enemies and they'll love me! Did you know that the New York Times said I'm brilliant? "

This is a clown who won a Nobel Peace Prize when the only thing he'd ever done while he had power was vehemently oppose a troop surge in Iraq that proved to be successful and good for the Iraqi people, and which he later decided to try and copy elsewhere.

This is a buffoon who screamed that if his stimulus package wasn't passed it would be a "disaster" for America because, without it, unemployment would spike above 8%. So we passed it and unemployment spiked far above 8%.

This is a President who was built on hype, learns nothing, and is stuck on sucking.

But I don't wanna get into all that. I wasn't saying that Obama is to blame for Christina Aguilera rising to the top of pop music, finding herself asked to perform the National Anthem in the most prominent showcase for the song, and deflating millions of people because she was too incompetant, cluelesss, and unprofessional to be worthy of the honor. I just thought it was fitting of the times.

Last edited:

BTW, I hope no one thinks I have a conservative view on how artists can perform "The Star Spangled Banner". There's a long history of artists who are the genuine article doing something surprising with the song, from Jimi Hendrix to Marvin Gaye and many others. But that's all from a time when America was a proper country. Today, we're being dragged down (by design!) into being just another stupid country in the world.

Anyway, here's Marvin:

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QRvVzaQ6i8A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QRvVzaQ6i8A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

The moment Marvin walks out you know you're in good hands, but he exceeds your expectations.

America produced pop singers like that once upon a time, legions of them.

It's hard to believe after witnessing the Black Eyed Peas during the Super Bowl halftime.

That auto-tuned "will.i.am" character is another idiot who fits right in with the times.

Sadly, the guitarist Alain Whyte - who used to collaborate on great songs on albums such as "Your Arsenal" and "Vauxhall & I" - has been reduced to recording crap like this with "will.i.am":

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tpW4gLb3p8M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tpW4gLb3p8M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Oprah says he's a "genius", a "grammy-winning" genius. LOL

It's a new day all right. And it sucks.

Last edited:

I don't fancy her now that she looks like a chubby hamster who is thinning on top. :cry:

I don't fancy her now that she looks like a chubby hamster who is thinning on top. :cry:

She did get chubby. I try and be a gentleman and not point a finger at such things, and for all I know she just had a baby or something. But, her cheeks looked blimpy, and I feared they'd cause her to levitate up into the air and hover her over the stadium.

Christina Aguilera's performance of the national anthem has NOTHING to do with the President.

She did get chubby. I try and be a gentleman and not point a finger at such things, and for all I know she just had a baby or something. But, her cheeks looked blimpy, and I feared they'd cause her to levitate up into the air and hover her over the stadium.

That's quite insensitive of you.

Christina Aguilera's performance of the national anthem has NOTHING to do with the President.

No shit, I could give a shit less about her. I am just saying how much a horrible, sorry excuse for a president that the US has now. What a joke this cock sucker called obama is.:lbf:

years ago a german female pop singer sang our national anthem wrongly too and had to deal with with media outbursts after that too
When it came time for the line "Blossom in the glow of this happiness," the 25-year-old performer floundered and instead sang: "Brew(/scald) in light of this happiness." and as far as i can remember make further minor mistakes too
http://zulja.wordpress.com/2011/02/07/proven-scientific-fact-national-anthems-kill-brain-cells/
http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,1616093,00.html

begins around 0.49

well, it could have been worse, I mean the lyrics mein Großvater taught me are banned now :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

v325wj.jpg

I've never understood why we even need to have the national anthem before sports events. Why can't we sing something else? Why do we have to sing at all? And why's that guy up there holding a picture of Paulie from Goodfellas?

I've never understood why we even need to have the national anthem before sports events. Why can't we sing something else? Why do we have to sing at all? And why's that guy up there holding a picture of Paulie from Goodfellas?

lolol

I agree that Christina Aguilera is a mediocre performer and she is more concern with vocal pyrotechnics than actually emoting the words she's singing. I just viewed the Carrie Underwood version and my God what a pure talent. You can tell she is actually proud of the country she lives in. Another notable performance would have been Whitney Houston's simplistically beautiful rendition of the National Anthem. Sure messing up the National Anthem is just passed as an innocent mistake , but if Aguilera did that in another country with a more authoritarian government, she would have gotten shot. It's embarrassing for her to mess that up really.

I've never understood why we even need to have the national anthem before sports events. Why can't we sing something else? Why do we have to sing at all?
well, a nice & non-warlike(I assume) person like you BC need not sing, but for my Americans, sport is war by other means, its basically war without killing.* So for many, this makes singing the National Anthem quite natural. :eek:

*=Personally, I am now largely anti-war, but when I was a soldier I was very much into sports. Now, not so much, I believe that these 2 things are related. However, this is not to say I am against sport now as well, but rather I see it as a necessary safety valve to keeping the seething masses from becoming even more violent than they already are. :cool:
Sure messing up the National Anthem is just passed as an innocent mistake , but if Aguilera did that in another country with a more authoritarian government, she would have gotten shot. It's embarrassing for her to mess that up really.
so you think she should be shot :confused:

OK, so not shot, I agree :thumb: but you want her to recieve some kind of punishment more appropriate to living in a supposedly democratic regime such as ours :confused::p

Making a humiliating mistake in front of millions is enough punishment. and the tabloids won't let it go so that's punishment for everyone. My statement actually hinted at how tolerant our supposedly "democratic society" is.

"America.. your head's too big!"

Somebody sang a silly little song badly in front of millions of idiots.
Rik Waller did the same thing years ago. Keep up, darlings.

Simon Cowell chimes in:

[youtube]<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CXOaDNm9ZM8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CXOaDNm9ZM8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>[/youtube]

During an interview on Fox News, Cowell was asked for his opinions while a clip was played.

"Well I just heard it then and it sounded like a 100,000 people in a stadium had just sat on a cat," he responded. When the clip began to play again, he exclaimed: "No, don't play me any more!"
link

(_:o_)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom