After Ventura - all over?

theirs of refusal

So the tour is finally over. But the question is: Was the Ventura show Morrissey's last ever?

This tour hasn't been the best. It's been the most troublesome (cancellations, throwing out fans, the Swindon accident i.e.). I have seen a lot of Moz concerts during all the years and the show in Odense in Denmark was just fantastic and very intimate. But besides that Moz to me seems a bit tired. And the setlists hasn't been the best this year.

Even though Moz is still the King and one of the best performers around i do feel that he does seem a bit exhausted now. Especially this year. Maybe it's because he is touring too much at his age.

He has no record deal and no release for the foreseeable future. I agree that Moz now need a long vacation ...but will he be back on the road again?

Let's hope it.

Moz i love you.

Last night when he said "This is our last gig" I thought me meant forever and my heart sunk and I almost broke down. I don't know why. I knew it was the last show of the tour, but it struck me as being the last show ever.

I thought last night his energy was really good and he looked like he was having fun. I had a really good time. I'm hoping he takes a long enough break to get some rest, but that it isn't his last tour.

Some of us were talking to Preston and he said something about their next tour, so...

My only mistake is I'm hoping.

He'll definitely be playing in 2010 and releasing more records, I guarantee it. There's been no indication otherwise that I've seen. What we see is a man who loves touring so much he's had two different tours in the same year, and tours more than his body can keep up. A man who is so prolific he just released yet another B-sides collection and toured to support it. I don't see him even taking much of a vacation. The sense we got from talking to the band after the concert was that they fully expect more shows soon too. None of them seemed to be thinking this was the end. I have no fears on this at all.

Henry Rollins and Robert Smith have both spoken about how weird it was to go back to normal civilian life, making sandwiches etc. after going on tour and being superhuman, having adoring fans following you and screaming your name. Morrissey may very well feel the same way.

Last edited:
thanks james!

I should clarify that when I say "I guarantee it," I don't know the band or Moz or anything, I just feel it's likely that we'll see some kind of live performances somewhere in the next year. I haven't seen anything suggesting retirement.

He must rest. But I hope he tours one day, when I can go. I still haven't been to a concert with him.
I'm afraid that 2010 will be a long and quiet year as being a fan. I'll miss reading about what he does (loved reading most of the concert reviews from fans). But I have some years to catch up on (albums that came out when I had a break in being a fan), so I'll have to work on that bit.

He must rest. But I hope he tours one day, when I can go. I still haven't been to a concert with him.I'm afraid that 2010 will be a long and quiet year as being a fan. I'll miss reading about what he does (loved reading most of the concert reviews from fans). But I have some years to catch up on (albums that came out when I had a break in being a fan), so I'll have to work on that bit.

I know how you feel, musicalcat. I've never seen him play a whole live show and I feel like I've missed out, so you're not alone.

But I don't think this is the last tour for some reason. No special information or anything, but I just have a feeling that he'll carry on for at least a little bit longer. From my point of view he's maybe just overdone it a little bit and this could have put a strain on his health and performances, but that's just my opinion and I could be completely wrong. I'm staying positive. :)

Back
Top Bottom