Advice please

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
So a friend of mine, not a super close friend but a longterm friend, is getting married. She lives 300 miles away. Is it rude of me not to go to the bridal shower? I have none money usually and to travel 600 miles to eat cake and talk about lingerie for 2 hours just seems, I dunno...pointless. I mean I'm involved in the wedding, I'm making all the invitations by hand and I'll be at the BIG DAY (my bithday weekend :mad:) but I just am not overly excited about a flippin' bridal shower for a bride who currently lives with her husband and is going to go home and sleep with him that night so what exactly is sacred about the whole thing to begin with?!?!?!?!!!

Jeez, I sound like a bitter ol' nag. :p No but seriously, I can say no to this without being megabitch, right?

Re: Advice please.

Hi CG,

"I mean I'm involved in the wedding, I'm making all the invitations by hand and I'll be at the BIG DAY (my bithday weekend ) but I just am not overly excited about a flippin' bridal shower for a bride who currently lives with her husband and is going to go home and sleep with him that night so what exactly is sacred about the whole thing to begin with?!?!?!?!!!"

Sounds like you're doing your part in a big way, making the invitations
and all.:) Don't feel bad about not going to the "shower".
Why should you put yourself out any further, especially when you're
not financially able to. If she's a real friend she'll understand.
If she really wants you to go she should send you the money so you
can go.....
Awwww, really don't worry about it!

Re: Advice please.

Thanks mauve21! I feel better already. :)

Aw, CG, you're doing tons! You can just say you would love to be there, but you can't, but that you can't wait to see the pictures and you're so glad you're doing the invitations because their wedding is going to be beautiful. Brides love that stuff.

Aw, CG, you're doing tons! You can just say you would love to be there, but you can't, but that you can't wait to see the pictures and you're so glad you're doing the invitations because their wedding is going to be beautiful. Brides love that stuff.

Oh good call! Excellent advice, thank you.

What's a bridal shower?

P.

:lbf: Don't worry Peter, if I ever have a shower you can come to mine to be educated.

Did you receive a formal invite to the shower, or just while you were discussing the invitations did they say 'hey, come to the shower!'? If you got an invite, I THINK you are supposed to send a token shower-gift (frame one of the wedding invites if you've finished them - or just do a little sketch or something you can fit in an envelope - really it doesn't have to be much) but you do NOT have to go.

I don't care for showers unless I'm the one throwing it. Then they're awesome. :lbf:

What's a bridal shower?

P.

It's like a tame bachelorette party or what I think you guys call a hen fair or something. Basically it's a sit-down/luncheon-type party for girls who get together and discuss "girl stuff" before the wedding. Usually they bring a gift such as lingerie or certificates to spas...so the bride can treat herself. Games are played too. This couple is having a bridal shower, a bachelorette party, a wedding shower and the wedding...which is all kinda overkill if you ask me. :squiffy:

:lbf: Don't worry Peter, if I ever have a shower you can come to mine to be educated.

Did you receive a formal invite to the shower, or just while you were discussing the invitations did they say 'hey, come to the shower!'? If you got an invite, I THINK you are supposed to send a token shower-gift (frame one of the wedding invites if you've finished them - or just do a little sketch or something you can fit in an envelope - really it doesn't have to be much) but you do NOT have to go.

I don't care for showers unless I'm the one throwing it. Then they're awesome. :lbf:

I got an eVite. :rolleyes: The internet has ruined the wonderfulness that is recieving a little card or invitation in the mail. I think I'll definitely send something. Thanks Gretch!

I got an eVite. :rolleyes: The internet has ruined the wonderfulness that is recieving a little card or invitation in the mail. I think I'll definitely send something. Thanks Gretch!

Since you got an eVite, I think you should attend via webcam.

Back
Top Bottom