Advice on General Admission Please!

pagnani32

140.6 Bad Assness!
I was just wondering since this is the first time I've bought GA tickets for a Morrissey concert, how early do I need to get there if I want to be up close and personal? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

well i went to a show in chicago last nov, got there 4 hours early and saw the line was already around the block. ppl camped out there..so this time i got balcony seats lol

One bit of advice: unless you are built strongly enough to withstand the crush, I'd advise against standing right up against the barriers. They may seem like the best seats in the house, but in fact they're misery because you have a throng of beasts behind you. Better to start off back a little from the stage. It's easier to hold your ground and the view is basically as good. Then, as the ranks of the front-most people thin out, by the end of the show you should be in prime position to see them play the last few songs, catch his shirt, scream vows of love at him, throw your underpants at Boz, etc.

Of course, this assumes there is still a crush at the front of the stage. I don't know if that's true anymore. If it's a bunch of thirtysomethings standing there taking cellphone pictures and Blackberrying their babysitters then you might as well start right up front.

Good luck!

I was just wondering since this is the first time I've bought GA tickets for a Morrissey concert, how early do I need to get there if I want to be up close and personal? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Kill Unlcle tour was the last time at a GA show that I went to the very front, I was much younger and stronger back then. Unlike other GA shows where the fans party at the front, Morrissey shows they just want to get as close to him is possible so if you are inbetween them and him, you will be completely crushed. You should do it at least once in your life... At the Smiths "Meat is Murder Tour" it wanst that big of a deal, the crowd was more about having fun that trying to touch Moz.

Anyway as I am much much older now and don't have the indurance for the front, I hang out about 1/2 way back away from the frey. I still have an awesome view and with about 20 left in the show, I enter the frey, the young guys are very tired by that time and I find it farily easy to get very close without getting too banged up.

Good luck

Kumo

I have two BIG guys coming with me to the concert so being crushed is not a problem, I just am thinking I'm going to have to camp out over night, which is not a problem, I just wanted to know.

I have two BIG guys coming with me to the concert so being crushed is not a problem, I just am thinking I'm going to have to camp out over night, which is not a problem, I just wanted to know.

I would not suggest camping out, you will be so tired by show time, you wont enjoy the show. I always go to GA shows long after the posted show time and the opening act is gone, and I have never had any problems getting as close as I wanted to. A big part of being able to last up there is being able to keep your energy up...

Kumo

I would not suggest camping out, you will be so tired by show time, you wont enjoy the show. I always go to GA shows long after the posted show time and the opening act is gone, and I have never had any problems getting as close as I wanted to. A big part of being able to last up there is being able to keep your energy up...

Kumo

That is also good advice! I didn't think of that.

houston, 2004, there were only 4 people in line before it was cancelled by 10am.

houston, 2004, there were only 4 people in line before it was cancelled by 10am.

The entire SHOW was cancelled?? Or do you mean they just stopped allowing people to queue up ahead of time?

Bring a chair to sit in, if you have friends coming also, take shifts on line waiting just go all out and dont kick yourself in the head when you know you should be there ealy. Fatigue is not a factor if you are able to be comfy and have food and whatnot. I am going to get to Vegas and stand in line at around **** am so I will probably be first.

Bring a chair to sit in, if you have friends coming also, take shifts on line waiting just go all out and dont kick yourself in the head when you know you should be there ealy. Fatigue is not a factor if you are able to be comfy and have food and whatnot. I am going to get to Vegas and stand in line at around **** am so I will probably be first.

I'm not too worried about fatigue I only live about 20 minutes away from the venue and we have about 4 people to switch in and out so I plan on being there pretty early, I don't know if I'm going to need to camp over night. That might be a little ridiculous, seeing how the show hasn't sold out, not even GA has sold out and it's been on sale since Saturday morning.

Is the show you're going to on a weekday or a weekend? In my limited but recent experience that makes a difference. During the week I'd say you could get there up until 1:30 or so and still get on the front row. On a weekend make sure you get there much earlier, like by 8:00 am.

In all three cases when I've done this once we got inside, we got to our spot and stayed there until the show was over. I didn't see too many people moving around so I personally wouldn't show up in line whenever and assume you can get to the front. And, I'm 34 and haven't done anything like this ever in my life before Chicago in November and 2 of the 3 Pasadena shows, but I was totally fine. I expected it to be a little rough and it was (particularly when I ended up in a shirt battle!) Now I think it's extremely fun and I refuse to be anywhere else BUT the front row, sore muscles and faint bruises and all! So if you really WANT to be there, don't worry - you'll be fine. If the thought of all that crushing upsets you, then maybe hang back.

I'm not too worried about fatigue I only live about 20 minutes away from the venue and we have about 4 people to switch in and out so I plan on being there pretty early, I don't know if I'm going to need to camp over night. That might be a little ridiculous, seeing how the show hasn't sold out, not even GA has sold out and it's been on sale since Saturday morning.

Its all GA, there is no assigned seating anywhere in the venue. Yeah dinner has reservations and stuff but thats still not assigned.

Its all GA, there is no assigned seating anywhere in the venue. Yeah dinner has reservations and stuff but thats still not assigned.

Do you mean the Nugget for dinner? I called and they laughed so hard at me I thought a pork-chop was coming through the phone.

It's all GA, really small place, I have no idea why more people are not interested in Ventura. Oh well more space for my friends and me...

Kumo

It's all GA, really small place, I have no idea why more people are not interested in Ventura. Oh well more space for my friends and me...

Kumo

my parents would KILL me if i went to california to see him again.
that's why.
but i still have a longing for the hollywood bowl. maybe i'll manage it...maybe i won't.

Back
Top Bottom