Advice from 'festival' experts please!

Black Eyed

Isn't he gorgeous !!
I had always said I wouldnt go to a festival, but my withdrawal for seeing Moz has gone mad and I just bought a one day ticket off E-Bay for £35. I figured if he dosn't show its not a lot of money to lose.

However, I have never been to a festival!! What is the protocol? What do you wear? What time do you get there? What do you do when you get there? What time will Moz come on? Am I safe being on my own?

Come on you festival experts, give me some help?

Thanks

Sue

Black Eyed said:
I had always said I wouldnt go to a festival, but my withdrawal for seeing Moz has gone mad and I just bought a one day ticket off E-Bay for £35. I figured if he dosn't show its not a lot of money to lose.

However, I have never been to a festival!! What is the protocol? What do you wear? What time do you get there? What do you do when you get there? What time will Moz come on? Am I safe being on my own?

Thanks

Sue

Get me a ticket and i'll come with you??? Go on!!

Black Eyed which one are you going to?

If there is any protocol I dont know what.

As for clothing - footwear needs to be practical, docs/trainers or waterproof, there's plenty of walking and standing. Clothing is best worked in layers, no matter how hot the day the evenings can be cool, and a waterproof is often essential (windproof is good). If its hot take suncream/hat/glasses too.

As for the line up - check who's on and try and see a cross section, chat to people around you who will soon review and advise.

Have a great time!

Sphinx said:
Black Eyed which one are you going to?

Have a great time![/QUOTE

Thanks for that advice Sphinx! I am going to V festival at Staffordshire. Yayyy!

The one thing I've always wondered about festivals - not that I'm going - is what's the toilet situation? How manky are the toilets? What if you're right at the front and you need to go? How long are the queues?

Queues are very long for toilets.
When I'm at a festival and there are a few groups I really want to see, I make sure I don't drink a lot so I'm 'safe' for a while. Cause when you finally got a good spot, and then in those shifty cabins! I'm not very fond of festivals, but hey, it's something Summer brings along ;)

Coming weekend's weather requires you to have waterproof absolutely essential. So far this year's festivals in UK hadn't been affected by rain at all, but we're going to have rain almost everyday this week.

Unfortunately I'm not going, but hope you'll have a great time!:)

Black Eyed said:
Thanks for that advice Sphinx! I am going to V festival at Staffordshire. Yayyy!

Black Eyed - take note of the posts above, wise info about toilets! Also I forgot, a bin liner is useful to sit on and wet wipes can be used for everything!

See you at Weston Park then!

DON'T - no matter how tempted you are - buy the female 'P-Mate'. Unless you want to smell like an 90 year old all day. :(

Last edited:
Black Eyed said:

Thanks

Sue
What ever you do take plenty of toilet paper and have a toliet survival strategy i always find sticking tissues doused in perfume up your nose and smoking a fag works so the vile chemical bog smell doesnt over power you !!!

Have a great time! I agree about the wipes - and the bin liner. Keep anything you don't want to get soaked in a plastic bag. Just dress for the weather, bring more cash than you think you'll need, and if you have a mobile it's a good way to keep track of the email addresses of your new friends. Also, at the end of the show, coach drivers frequently agree to take an extra person or two away with them if you cross their palm with a tenner. As for being alone, I've done it. Just keep your eyes open and you'll be fine. Tell us all about it when you get back!!!:)

Last edited:
Great advice! Take a few plasters with you as well - you never know and even if it's not hot, keep sipping water - you don't want to be carried out - well not before Morrissey starts anyways :p

Thank you Sphinx / Kewpie / Mad Vespa / MOzzeretta / Busy Clippers / Nicole !! All your advice has been taken on board and I'm stocking up now!!

Starting to get excited, so, come wet bottoms, hail / rain or poo filled bogs, the thing that overrides it all is the fact that I will be seeing Moz. Even if he is miles away I dont care. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom