Advice for a newbie

Dave2006

I've used this site for quite a while now; but have only recently bothered with the forums - and now my mind boggles with the endless possibilities of downloads and bootlegs.

My bootleg collection consists of a few tapes bought via mailorder after I'd been to a particular gig, but now I'm happy with my vinyl and CD collection of official releases I fancy getting grips with the world of bootleg.

I suppose I'm looking for some friendly advice as to how to go about starting to collect a complete set of Smiths & Morrissey bootlegs.

Rather than starting to request gigs randomly on here (and running the risk of messing everyone about), are there any websites you could steer me towards that have some of them available to download?

Am I best off waiting for people to upload gigs (how often do they come around?) or should I start at the begining in 1983 and put out the begging bowl, lots of times, until we get to 2007?

I'd be grateful for any advice you may be able to give :)

I've used this site for quite a while now; but have only recently bothered with the forums - and now my mind boggles with the endless possibilities of downloads and bootlegs.

My bootleg collection consists of a few tapes bought via mailorder after I'd been to a particular gig, but now I'm happy with my vinyl and CD collection of official releases I fancy getting grips with the world of bootleg.

I suppose I'm looking for some friendly advice as to how to go about starting to collect a complete set of Smiths & Morrissey bootlegs.

Rather than starting to request gigs randomly on here (and running the risk of messing everyone about), are there any websites you could steer me towards that have some of them available to download?

Am I best off waiting for people to upload gigs (how often do they come around?) or should I start at the begining in 1983 and put out the begging bowl, lots of times, until we get to 2007?

welcome dave

I tend to upload mostly video footage of shows interviews tv appearances etc and SNS22 drifter smelly french boy missing link and more tend to upload rare audio shows from 1982-2007. Use the search function search the user name and you will find some of our posts. most should still be there

enjoy

cossy

For the past two months I have uploaded Smiths shows from 1983-1985 and this week I started 1986...

Also check Drifter's site..he has many bookmarked on his page

Thanks for the links,

SNS22 has been useful in another thread I started so I will definately look out for your posts. Looks like I've missed the boat with 83-85 and will need to wait till it come around again!

Now, I need to go out and buy some blank discs....:(

Thanks for the links,

SNS22 has been useful in another thread I started so I will definately look out for your posts. Looks like I've missed the boat with 83-85 and will need to wait till it come around again!

Now, I need to go out and buy some blank discs....:(

Check Drifter's site he bookmarks them all

Check Drifter's site he bookmarks them all

Sorry if this is a bit of a numpty question, but who's Drifter and how do I find him?

Sorry if this is a bit of a numpty question, but who's Drifter and how do I find him?

Scrub that last one, it turns out he has sent me a private message, with the link to his site!!

Crikey, looks like I'm gonna be busy. No chance of me getting anything done at work for the next few weeks :D

Back
Top Bottom