Adam Lambert mildly influenced by Moz?

More Liza Minelli, if you ask me

I think not, but it's a good cover. My gf calls him Feet Wentz, but that's where the similarity ends. I still can't believe he didn't win that show, it was madness.

I would guess, possibly yes.

He has sweet eyes.:)

I'm so effing sick of the media. "Let's take the gay guy and put a snake on his pants and a butterfly too and lets make him look all leathery and sexy and call him wild child. Blah!" Do they even know the origin of these symbols they're throwing around? Do they know what they mean? Do they care? Or are big wig 19 execs leaning back in their chairs saying, "Yep, we've infiltrated the media...let's start rolling out the symbol train and see how the people respond." :angry:

I think not, but it's a good cover. My gf calls him Feet Wentz, but that's where the similarity ends. I still can't believe he didn't win that show, it was madness.

It's funny, my daughter started calling him "fake Pete Wentz guy" at the beginning of the competition. We didn't like him at first, but he really should have won.

Now as for the Moz influence....guy liner...nope...fake tan...nope...lots of leather...nope...no-longer-ambiguous-sexuality...nope. I don't see much influence there.

I'm so effing sick of the media. "Let's take the gay guy and put a snake on his pants and a butterfly too and lets make him look all leathery and sexy and call him wild child. Blah!" Do they even know the origin of these symbols they're throwing around? Do they know what they mean? Do they care? Or are big wig 19 execs leaning back in their chairs saying, "Yep, we've infiltrated the media...let's start rolling out the symbol train and see how the people respond." :angry:

I thought it was more a homage to this picture of Keith Richards:
keith_Richards.JPG

It's funny, my daughter started calling him "fake Pete Wentz guy" at the beginning of the competition. We didn't like him at first, but he really should have won.

Now as for the Moz influence....guy liner...nope...fake tan...nope...lots of leather...nope...no-longer-ambiguous-sexuality...nope. I don't see much influence there.

I was obsessed with the Lambert! He's sexy. Amazing voice too. Shame his music will be shit.

Not judging by this picture (did they have to put a snake in it?) but I wouldn't be surprised if he was...time will tell. His main influences are Freddy Mercury and Robert Plant (yeah, I watched the whole season :o) and I'm think Elvis and Johnny Cash (he sang Ring of Fire). Adam is the winner no matter what the results showed (thanks, AT&T :rolleyes:) and, in typical fashion (2nd place), he'll have a longer and more visable career than the winner.

Leaving taste aside, I'd guess he came up with a lot of the cover imagery himself. If nothing else he definitely likes to art direct his own image.

Leaving taste aside, I'd guess he came up with a lot of the cover imagery himself. If nothing else he definitely likes to art direct his own image.

Perhaps, but he's not doing much for his gay community. By announcing his sexuality NOW on the cover of Rolling Stone, he's in effect telling America that the gay boys are the losers. Oh, and we're into snakes and things. :mad: We're trying to market sensible gayness people, not loser lizard weirdos!

28565620-28565621-large.jpg

He should've been in a cardigan and corduroy applying his guyliner while holding a puppy.

Also it's not good subliminal advertising to have the green snake match the logo so perfectly, then have the only exposed letters be L I aand E. What's a lie? Being gay? Living in the closet? THat he's a bad boy with a snake fetish? People respond to this shit without knowing it and walk away thinking "Gay people are lying to me. They shouldn't be allowed to get married."

Last edited:
Do you mean "loser" because he came 2nd out of tens of thousands? I always find that a uniquely American POV.

Anyway, Moz never came to mind while watching him perform but I did like the white suit/Elvis '68 comeback look.

Nobody will ever replace Freddie Mercury but Adam seems to have the same desire to try all different kinds of music, the theatricality and the no bullshit attitude about it that Freddie had.

Perhaps, but he's not doing much for his gay community. By announcing his sexuality NOW on the cover of Rolling Stone, he's in effect telling America that the gay boys are the losers. Oh, and we're into snakes and things. :mad: We're trying to market sensible gayness people, not loser lizard weirdos!

Do you mean "loser" because he came 2nd out of tens of thousands? I always find that a uniquely American POV.

It is American, dum dum unpragmatic American. The whole point of the final show is to seperate the loser from the winner.

But the "winners" don't often do as well career-wise as the "losers", so I'm not sure it holds much meaning beyond the AI stage.

Can't believe I'm debating American Idol. Someone post that photo of Moz in the AI t-shirt to at least get it back on topic.

It is American, dum dum unpragmatic American. The whole point of the final show is to seperate the loser from the winner.

News3_0.jpg

^ thanks, echobay! :lbf::thumb:

But the "winners" don't often do as well career-wise as the "losers", so I'm not sure it holds much meaning beyond the AI stage.

Don't forget the Top 10 go on tour. Yeah, I'm saving my pennies. ;)
It was actually a very talented group this year, at least the Top 5 was.

I still wonder why RS had to put a butterfly and a snake on Adam's crotch. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom