Adam Curtis HyperNormalisation BBC Documentary

Calamine Lotion

This documentary is the best I've ever seen. It is quite long but you can watch in segments. It's not boring and you won't lose interest. It begins in 1975 and covers US foreign policy, Syria, Cyberspace, the bankruptcy of New York City, the rise of Donald Trump, Henry Kissinger's Middle East policy and how it led to the rise of terror. That's a lot to take in but it makes sense and you'll have a much better understanding of the current situation after you watch it. I don't want it to sound like an assignment, though. It's fascinating. I've never seen such a range of subjects handled so well.

Last edited:
yeah, sure. it's possible that i might watch it.

One of the things discussed in the video is Henry Kissinger's diplomatic philosophy and how it led to the rise of terrorism. He used "constructive ambiguity" meaning the deliberate usage of language to mislead. The Arab nations in the Middle East had too much solidarity and he deliberately pitted them against each other so they couldn't become too strong. The leader of Syria, Hafez al-Assad was on good terms with the US and Kissinger but he was mislead. When he realized what Kissinger had done he came up with a new method of warfare to retaliate, the suicide bomber. This was a major change because suicide is prohibited by the Quran. Suicide bombing was successful in getting the US to withdraw from Lebanon in 1982. Once this type of action was no longer considered to be suicide, but martyrdom and an act of war, it became more popular.

This documentary is the best I've ever seen. It is quite long but you can watch in segments. It's not boring and you won't lose interest. It begins in 1975 and covers US foreign policy, Syria, Cyberspace, the bankruptcy of New York City, the rise of Donald Trump, Henry Kissinger's Middle East policy and how it led to the rise of terror. That's a lot to take in but it makes sense and you'll have a much better understanding of the current situation after you watch it. I don't want it to sound like an assignment, though. It's fascinating. I've never seen such a range of subjects handled so well.

Dave??? Is that really you, old buddy? :)

Dave??? Is that really you, old buddy? :)
Can't be him, he hates Moz and chats with me over at the other place.

If it is him then all his posts gets my backing and I bow in his general direction.

well i watched it. it was okay. a bit dry. not particularly revelatory or insightful. it did provide ample footage of muammar gaddafi for me to swoon over so i suppose it was worth it.

Tags
documentaries donald trump politics ronald reagan syria
Back
Top Bottom