According to Rolling Stone, Taylor Swift is like Morrissey

Interesting comparison:

Seeing Taylor onstage now is just like seeing Morrissey in 1992 – that same level of total commitment, total fan fervor, total connection between audience and performer. I've compared Taylor to Morrissey many times, but no other performer really hits that same pitch of happy/free/confused/lonely hormonal anguish with so much wit and empathy. Moz sang "the sun shines out of our behinds," Tay sings "people throw rocks at things that shine," but they're coming from the same place. (People said lovin' you was red, and they were half right.) They share the conviction that their moods are the universe and expressing them is the reason the universe exists. This is a useful conviction for a singer to have, even if it's more dangerous for the rest of us. But Taylor wears it like a true arena-rock goddess at an amazing peak.

What a pile of absolute shite. Are you kidding? The fact that anyone would compare Taylor swift to Morrissey regarding music is a vile display of and a perfect example of a shortcut to thinking. Also, the fact that you have actually seen Taylor swift onstage is revolting enough. What are you? A 13 year old girl from North Dakota?
Wit, empathy, and my 'favorite', pitch of happiness? What the hell? Oh sorry. My favorite is when you call her a: "true arena-rock goddess". Im at a total loss for words, and judging by the total and complete lack of responses you received, so is everyone else. I happened to stumble across your bastardization of a thread by back tracking a bit. Big mistake.-on my part and yours of course. You clearly need to: seek therapy as soon as possible, stay of this site, re-new your subscription to 'complete & utter moron weekly, and above all, stop referring to a pasty, mousey, future American idol judge as 'Tay'.
For God sake. Please.

Um, you do know that the paragraph you're talking about was just copied and pasted from that article right? Nice insane rant though.

The writer doesn't once compare Morrissey and Taylor Swift musically. It's entirely about the feeling he or she gets at a live show. Now I've never seen Taylor Swift live (I don't think I've ever heard a Taylor Swift song) but I am willing to believe that it's possible that she could reach "that same level of total commitment, total fan fervor, total connection between audience and performer.". People like different things and people connect to different things.

Back
Top Bottom