Accents

I hate my accent (It's not that strong but still), and I know 100% of the British public do too :(

My chat up lines don't get the chance to fail, my accent kills them straight off:(

The accents that I love and find really sexy; Glaswegian, Geordie, Belfast ones and generic posh. Cork and Dublin ones too, infact anyone form there could read the phone book to me and I'd be theirs in a flash! ;)

So, what accents do you like/dislike?

I've always wanted to have a thread where we post sound clips of ourselves reading some set piece, just to see whether we could understand each others' accents.

That would be wonderful. :guitar:

My accent is fairly good for a non-native speaker, I think. It's, erm, mainstream British English? :o

People say I have a strong London accent, Cockney if you will, but I don't think I do.....

I don't know what a Boston accent sounds like, bet it's a whole lot easier on the ear than mine! ;)

I doubt it.

I remember the first time I flew into Boston. I got off the plane at Logan, and I had to ask an airline employee something. She answered, and I just blinked at her--I thought she was retarded or had a speech impediment. Srsly. :o :D

I hate my accent (It's not that strong but still), and I know 100% of the British public do too :(

My chat up lines don't get the chance to fail, my accent kills them straight off:(

The accents that I love and find really sexy; Glaswegian, Geordie, Belfast ones and generic posh. Cork and Dublin ones too, infact anyone form there could read the phone book to me and I'd be theirs in a flash! ;)

So, what accents do you like/dislike?
Which is it? I love London ones the best (yes I know there's several, I like all of them :)), but also any English ones, then Scottish (Glasgow in particular) then Irish. American accents are less interesting :p. Australians can either be cute or annoying. Really don't like South African ones. (Can you tell this is my favorite subject? :D)

I've always wanted to have a thread where we post sound clips of ourselves reading some set piece, just to see whether we could understand each others' accents.
YES YES YES! I've been asking Blaze to do that for years but he keeps refusing :cool:.

I have a boston accent, i do not like it very much.
So you paak your caa? :p Did you see The Departed? Matt Damon has the worst Bostonian accent I've ever heard despite being from Boston. This baffles me.

Maybe I'll record myself tonight. What should I read? Hmmm...

Morrissey lyrics? It would be fun to pick a song, everybody should read the same one and record it.

So a poshie then? :p

Your English is extremely good for a non-native speaker :) (better than mine anyway! ;))

Thanks. :o In the name of the other non-native speakers too.

I heard an Irish guy on a meeting in the EP, and he pronounced third countries as turd countries. He cracked us up! :D :p

Back
Top Bottom