Abrahan Garza interviews Morrissey for the Houston Press

Morrissey Speaks: "Give In to Numbness... You've Earned it."
"Can someone check on Abrahán Garza. Is he doing OK?"

— random Facebook status update from a friend

When word came through in December that Morrissey had cancelled Houston (yes, again), the texts and private messages starting rolling in. When I saw footage where the beloved singer had actually appeared in front of a sold-out crowd in Boulder, Colorado to explain that the show simply could not go on and why, I knew his show would not be happening five days later in Houston.

I've been a Morrissey fan for many, many years. To some people, I am "That Morrissey guy." I held a Smiths and Morrissey Trivia Night at Rudyard's in January and left an entire room of fans completely stumped in the bonus round. I was recently asked how many times I had seen Morrissey and which concert was my favorite. My answer was: "The last one is usually the best. Morrissey has still got it."

see more:
http://www.houstonpress.com/music/morrissey-speaks-give-in-to-numbness-youve-earned-it-9253201

Top work Abrahan, a resident of this parish.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always found that american based fans are jealous of the Manchester music scene in the UK. Especially if they are way too young to have experienced the golden age so now they are forced to turn on bands and artists that try and milk a buck by playing gigs no one cares about when even those bands hardcore fans left or died long ago.

Bashing in open doors much?

Return to the gangster rap scene cause those guys need your money bad.

Confirmation then that he is a lazy work shy man that hates his "job" and only does it to survive and is very bitter about it.

I knew it!

Nothing is there to find your confirmation.
You must have been searching and finding it before it was published.
But I am not interested as to where you found it.
More interested in what Moz has to say then a anonymous nobody.

Nothing is there to find your confirmation.
You must have been searching and finding it before it was published.
But I am not interested as to where you found it.
More interested in what Moz has to say then a anonymous nobody.

"Well, I've been through the times when the industry served the artist, and now I'm living through a time where the artist must serve the industry, and for all concerned, the former is the best arrangement."

"Well, I've been through the times when the industry served the artist, and now I'm living through a time where the artist must serve the industry, and for all concerned, the former is the best arrangement."

I agree with what he said here.
The industry is lazy, not Moz.
If you are going to focus on laziness by pop/rock stars I'd say there are tons of them and they don't have an impressive oeuvre nor the touring status Moz has. I know about the cancellations but despite all the fuzz about it I believe he couldn't prevent that.
I feel sorry for the fans who missed it and I do understand them feeling miserable about it.
He has toured so many times through all those years and for many, many fans he was great.

I agree with what he said here.
The industry is lazy, not Moz.
If you are going to focus on laziness by pop/rock stars I'd say there are tons of them and they don't have an impressive oeuvre nor the touring status Moz has. I know about the cancellations but despite all the fuzz about it I believe he couldn't prevent that.
I feel sorry for the fans who missed it and I do understand them feeling miserable about it.
He has toured so many times through all those years and for many, many fans he was great.

He wants to be lazy but these days he can't and those words are so bitter. Deep down he is a lazy fat cat.

He wants to be lazy but these days he can't and those words are so bitter. Deep down he is a lazy fat cat.

Oh how I love a lazy fat cat. :)
To scratch its ears and caress it's body, creating that purring sounds that seem to make him happy!

We fans, need to treat Moz the same way cause I do believe by doing it, it secretly makes him feel happy too! :brows:
But, if a cat wants to be alone, leave him.
He will come to you on it's own terms and free will.
:thumb:

i hate to say it but these answers seem "fake". The choice of language doesn't feel like morrissey's lexicon. The "Loneliness Remembers" answer is too obvious. That's Johnny Marr's favourite track....isn't it? Just sensed that this was a fan's wet dream.... Pilgrim up North.

i hate to say it but these answers seem "fake". The choice of language doesn't feel like morrissey's lexicon. The "Loneliness Remembers" answer is too obvious. That's Johnny Marr's favourite track....isn't it? Just sensed that this was a fan's wet dream.... Pilgrim up North.

It has been reported as a fake news story on FB which means it will be checked and verified.

'fake' ? no they're alternative answers. ;)

Don't know 'bout Marr, but M mentioned 'Loneliness..' as one of his favorite records years ago.

I wonder what the "couple of well-placed connections" are. I want to interview Moz for my blog. Who should I contact? Garza may know a lot of Moz/Smiths trivia, but I already knew Moz didn't like doing the spoken-word promo videos for World Peace.

#GoVegan

I loved this interview, it's written all over my face

Back
Top Bottom