About Liam Gallagher, and ... of course Morrissey

Cudweed

Well, does anybody have a guess at what Morrissey would think of Liam Gallaghers ability as a lyricist? -Just curious, really ... -Cudweed :)

Morrissey probably doesn't listen to Oasis, and Noel writes most of the songs.
Are you referring to Songbird for example?

Thanks for the comment! Well, yeah, I'm referring to Songbird, Little James, Guess God Thinks I'm Abel, Born on a Different Cloud, Love Like A Bomb ... things like that. No, don't think Morrissey is their biggest listener, either, but my thought was that he (i.e Morrissey) might be aware of Liam writing songs, anyway. - Cudweed

Well, that's true, Miss Kewpie! Some new members just can't help posting those threads ... That really is true; it's just happens! :rolleyes: But try to answer the question, Mr. ... eh, was it "gayvoyeur"? in stead asking new ones. Oh no, think the paradox wants me ... :confused: -Cudweed

actually i read really nice things he said about liam and noel in the UK-word magazine 2003(and also about bono)

and noel tells a short story.in a nme smiths anniversarything..where he walked around camden...moz and a woman crosses his way, the woman sayed: "moz says hello"

noe replies: "well there i s a party in my house..if he want to come?"

the next day he had a smiths postcard from morrissey :"we should go shoplifting sometimes" and his telephone number
noel called but he didnt reply/answer the phone

what he said this word mag about them,i have to look..
something like "they have done so much for manchester music" ...

and he seems to be not really liking coldplay and radiohead

Last edited:
actually i read really nice things he said about liam and noel in the UK-word magazine 2003(and also about bono)

and noel tells a short story.in a nme smiths anniversarything..where he walked around camden...moz and a woman crosses his way, the woman sayed: "moz says hello"

noe replies: "well there i s a party in my house..if he want to come?"

the next day he had a smiths postcard from morrissey :"we should go shoplifting sometimes" and his telephone number
noel called but he didnt reply/answer the phone

what he said this word mag about them,i have to look..
something like "they have done so much for manchester music" ...

and he seems to be not really liking coldplay and radiohead

Morrissey said in the 90's that Oasis were the best band to come out of Manchester since .. ;)

Morrissey quote about Liam Gallagher:

" Very runt of the litter. You can tell that he'd run off with the fillings from his Grandmothers teeth, but that doesn't mean he doesn't love her."

I think he made that comment before meeting Liam & Noel and when he did eventually cross paths with them, he seemed complimentary. I am sure however that he rates Liam Gallagher’s song writing as most reasonable minded people do; a notch below utter shite.

That's true, FlickanMedTörnen, it's a quite good story! -I think I'll remember that. I think Morrissey really like them for being true to Manchester and their working class background. But thanks for sharing, sistasheila; that was nice, really! :) -Cudweed

" Very runt of the litter. You can tell that he'd run off with the fillings from his Grandmothers teeth, but that doesn't mean he doesn't love her."

I think he made that comment before meeting Liam & Noel and when he did eventually cross paths with them, he seemed complimentary. I am sure however that he rates Liam Gallagher’s song writing as most reasonable minded people do; a notch below utter shite.

Noel is the talent in Oasis. Always has been IMO

Well, that's true, Miss Kewpie! Some new members just can't help posting those threads ... That really is true; it's just happens! :rolleyes: But try to answer the question, Mr. ... eh, was it "gayvoyeur"? in stead asking new ones. Oh no, think the paradox wants me ... :confused: -Cudweed

haha intelligent reply! you either find it hard to read english or your a homophobe! other wise how can you explain mistyping my name? "boy" and "gay" are nothing like and the fact that you are tring to insult me by calling me gay suggests that you have issues with homosexuality!

PLEASE can we remove this biggot???

That wasn't Morrissey having a go at Noel. That was just Morrissey thinking of a fantastic joke and hanging it on Noel. It could have been about anyone, the important thing is, it's funny.

Noel is the talent in Oasis. Always has been IMO

It wouldn't be desperately hard, i could be the talent in Oasis and my abilities are non existent. Saying that when I was five, my old music teacher says my triangle playing was almost good.

Last edited:
Mmmm, sometimes simplicity is tasteful.

Mr. Morrissey would think along those lines.
Maybe, it's just my guess.
But then, not knowing the man, I don't really know.;)

Well, I've just been having a good night sleep, really. Though I may be one of the quiet ones, I don't know? But no, dear, I don't find it hard to read English, actually I come from a place that in the days of yore "invented" 1/3 of the English vocabulary. And no, I'm not a homophobe, I don't have any issues w/ homosexuality. You're not giving me a lot of options here. I mean, the word "gay" doesn't necessarily mean "homosexual", it's can also mean "having or showing a merry, lively mood", y'know. It's just you being rude, I think. Anyway, please answer the question, otherwise I think we have to start a new tread, or maybe even a new forum :) -Cudweed

Morrissey said in the 90's that Oasis were the best band to come out of Manchester since .. ;)

Morrissey also said that he never listens to contemporary music. Morrissey also said he only likes the first 2 Roxy Music albums yet preformed Street Life live last year, so he must at least like 1 song off the 3rd album. My point is that Morrissey is often inconsistent. Words often fall out of both sides of his mouth.

Not trying to sound bitter or anything, it's just Morrissey makes it perhaps intentionally difficult to know what he really thinks.

Kyoko

Back
Top Bottom