About 1 week left on the tour.. what's next?

I think after next week, Morrissey needs to do one of now-infamous disappearing acts for a few months and have a good think on what he's done and what he should do next. Because whatever he's been doing for the past couple of years OBVIOUSLY is not working very well, esp. over the past few months. He's sloughing fans like a healing sunburn victim with a loofah.

Disband the current band except the drummer,tobiasand boz have run their course and cant write lots of great songs to put it mildly.

Forget this I`m the star and the band in uniforms bring in stephen street or someone else with an ear for a tune who along with writing good music might challenge moz to write great lyrics again instead of drivel like people are the same everywhere which a 5 year old could have written.

pretty tough for any new film to be better than 'introducing morrissey'.

but you oughta see him go though... ho ooohhh

I think after next week, Morrissey needs to do one of now-infamous disappearing acts for a few months and have a good think on what he's done and what he should do next. Because whatever he's been doing for the past couple of years OBVIOUSLY is not working very well, esp. over the past few months. He's sloughing fans like a healing sunburn victim with a loofah.

Agreed completely, and this is what I expect will happen. If this latest jaunt has been an effort to entice a label, I doubt it will have succeeded. Outside of the boards (and even on some of them) there's no buzz at all about the new material, the Glastonbury set wasn't particularly well received, and while he's managed to get himself talked about, those who are talking are almost unanimously saying 'washed-up, insensitive arsehole'. Time to lay low for a while.

For what it's worth...I'm not sure a record deal is there. Smiths reunion, even with Johnny alone? Don't think so. Not now. I'd be happy to be proved spectacularly wrong on both points. The book - yes. Then what? I don't know. There might just come a time when you need some friends.

P.

As usual, lots of cynical nonsense. Of course a deal is there. The man has sold 20 million records. He's just being a prima donna about it, as usual, and probably looking for certain guarantees that price him out of the current market.

Morrissey is just feeling sorry for himself. He has all the money he needs. He should either sign a deal on reduced money and get it out there or just release it himself, which he could easily do. The trouble is he would only have himself and his decisions to blame if it went pear-shaped, which he would not like. It's much easier having a record company to blame.

Agreed completely, and this is what I expect will happen. If this latest jaunt has been an effort to entice a label, I doubt it will have succeeded. Outside of the boards (and even on some of them) there's no buzz at all about the new material, the Glastonbury set wasn't particularly well received, and while he's managed to get himself talked about, those who are talking are almost unanimously saying 'washed-up, insensitive arsehole'. Time to lay low for a while.

If he cared what people say, he wouldn't make such comments. The fact is he doesn't care. Which is a good thing. No need to lay low. Get the album recorded and move on.

Just checked morrisseysmum on Twitter for the first time in awhile. As many of you know, this person has been a fairly reliable source for 2011 date information, prior to official announcements. On July 29, he/she posted "Its all changed. The walls come crumblin' down."

At one point about 6 weeks ago, he/she mention that "America, you have not been forgotten", which assumingly meant a North American leg of the tour was possible. I was holding out a bit of hope for a handful of US dates in the fall, but the July 29 post seems like the current dates might be it.

For what it's worth...I'm not sure a record deal is there. Smiths reunion, even with Johnny alone? Don't think so. Not now. I'd be happy to be proved spectacularly wrong on both points. The book - yes. Then what? I don't know. There might just come a time when you need some friends.

P.

Wow, Skinny....I never thought I'd see you, of all people, say that. I have a feeling it's true, sadly.

As usual, lots of cynical nonsense. Of course a deal is there. The man has sold 20 million records. He's just being a prima donna about it, as usual, and probably looking for certain guarantees that price him out of the current market.

Morrissey is just feeling sorry for himself. He has all the money he needs. He should either sign a deal on reduced money and get it out there or just release it himself, which he could easily do. The trouble is he would only have himself and his decisions to blame if it went pear-shaped, which he would not like. It's much easier having a record company to blame.

Yes, that's right. it's all cynical nonsense. How stupid of me. And how unreliable are the people I talk to. Tchoh. So tell me about this deal then.

P.

pretty tough for any new film to be better than 'introducing morrissey'.

but you oughta see him go though... ho ooohhh

I agree. T'was at the height of his powers then as a solo artist. When he didn't open his mouth onstage to lambast someone or something, wasn't subject to internet critiques from all and sundry and didn't give a flying f**k back then.

Oh and his solo stuff, the music and the band (and the audience) were far better. We all get older

Just checked morrisseysmum on Twitter for the first time in awhile. As many of you know, this person has been a fairly reliable source for 2011 date information, prior to official announcements. On July 29, he/she posted "Its all changed. The walls come crumblin' down."

At one point about 6 weeks ago, he/she mention that "America, you have not been forgotten", which assumingly meant a North American leg of the tour was possible. I was holding out a bit of hope for a handful of US dates in the fall, but the July 29 post seems like the current dates might be it.

It said "Crumlin." As in, the Dublin neighborhood?

If he cared what people say, he wouldn't make such comments. The fact is he doesn't care. Which is a good thing. No need to lay low. Get the album recorded and move on.

Oh right. And when he needs a label to want him and has said he won't release an album without one, that line of thought works how exactly?

Yes, that's right. it's all cynical nonsense. How stupid of me. And how unreliable are the people I talk to. Tchoh. So tell me about this deal then.

P.

Good Lord, have you ever drunk deeply of the Solow Kool-Aid! I guess it's a necessary part of clinging to the raft.

"The people you talk to" (ooooh!) know that every record label in the world has no interest in Morrissey? Helen and Walter get around!

A music legend whose every burp makes international headlines can get a record deal. The delusions, the narcissism, the egomania of this site's career trolls--just flabbergasting. Stop kidding yourselves, unwanted bandwagoners, and get over it:

he_just_not_that_into_you_cover.jpg

Last edited:

P.

Who are these insiders eh? Come on, and you can't name an Egghead or a so-lower. Let's make it a bit of a challenge.

Back
Top Bottom