Abortion doctor shot and killed

Something I came across in reading about this topic.

...Wichita abortionist George Tiller offers a memorial service in his facility after he performs a partial-birth abortion. The mom and the dad in the pictures below paid Tiller a few thousand dollars to kill Tess, their baby girl.....

...The mom...paid to have her daughter killed because she had cystic fibrosis. Tess now has a sister, born in early 2000, who also has CF, but the precious little baby sister was spared, and not executed for her crime of being sick.

The crime: Tess had cystic fibrosis. A leading website, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, states, "The most common [CF symptoms] are: very salty-tasting skin; persistent coughing, wheezing or pneumonia; excessive appetite but poor weight gain; and bulky stools...

Cystic Fibrosis is actually a far worse disease than what that statement wants people to believe. In fact, Cystic Fibrosis is often (if not always) a death sentence for the sufferer. Rarely does a child with Cystic Fibrosis live beyond their twenties--in fact, living into their twenties is a very rare thing, indeed. Many succumb to the disease in childhood. There is no cure for the ailment--the best that can be done is make the sufferer comfortable.

I remember reading an article about a family that had two daughters with Cystic Fibrosis. The younger one passed away from the disease in her late teens; her older sister died in her early twenties. I cannot imagine having both of my children taken away at the prime of their lives. It must be beyond heartbreaking. :tears:

So, in short, Tess's parents made a very difficult decision, and finally chose to spare their child a short lifetime of suffering. Would I have made the same decision? Probably not, but, thankfully, it was not my decision to make. I have no doubt that the decision was not made lightly.

Cystic Fibrosis is actually a far worse disease than what that statement wants people to believe. In fact, Cystic Fibrosis is often (if not always) a death sentence for the sufferer. Rarely does a child with Cystic Fibrosis live beyond their twenties--in fact, living into their twenties is a very rare thing, indeed. Many succumb to the disease in childhood. There is no cure for the ailment--the best that can be done is make the sufferer comfortable.

I remember reading an article about a family that had two daughters with Cystic Fibrosis. The younger one passed away from the disease in her late teens; her older sister died in her early twenties. I cannot imagine having both of my children taken away at the prime of their lives. It must be beyond heartbreaking. :tears:

So, in short, Tess's parents made a very difficult decision, and finally chose to spare their child a short lifetime of suffering. Would I have made the same decision? Probably not, but, thankfully, it was not my decision to make. I have no doubt that the decision was not made lightly.

A childhood friend of mine has cystic fibrosis. It is a terrible disease and he has endured his share of suffering. He was fortunate enough to have had a lung transplant. He has lived an incredibly full life and is 44 years old now. It isn't always a death sentence.

A childhood friend of mine has cystic fibrosis. It is a terrible disease and he has endured his share of suffering. He was fortunate enough to have had a lung transplant. He has lived an incredibly full life and is 44 years old now. It isn't always a death sentence.

No CF unit in this banana republic in the year 2009. It's shameful. A since retired work colleague had two daughters die in their early 20's of CF in the 90's.

Just to clarify. I had a comment that I had made that I myself deleted. (Lest the conspiracy theorists paranoids start to infer that Kewpie was behind it, I will tell you that I myself deleted it.)

All I will say is that some of you should really reevaluate what you think you know about the subject matter and explore the majority decision in Roe v Wade as well as all related cases.

I read it before you changed it and my response is the same, while intellectually/historically interesting, I fail to see any greater significance. I'll give you an example, say there was some loophole, that you found out that there was dubious legal precedent for restricting the sexual exploitation of children,.....see what I mean? This seems largely irrelevant in the broader context.

OMG NoGods just read your siggy for the first time .. :lbf:

I miss him (and many others) around here =(

I didn't know him, we only spoke once or twice. However I liked the quote, something about the phrase "nihilo-luciferian" just tickles me. I thought it was fitting, I think most would agree.

I read it before you changed it and my response is the same, while intellectually/historically interesting, I fail to see any greater significance. I'll give you an example, say there was some loophole, that you found out that there was dubious legal precedent for restricting the sexual exploitation of children,.....see what I mean? This seems largely irrelevant in the broader context.

It needs to be much more regulated than it is now.

Personally I think abortion should only be used in extreme cases such as rape, malformation, & incest... there are wayyyy to many ignorant irresponsible sluts out there (male & female) who use it as a form contraception, and that's just f'd up... </3

People need to take responsibility for their actions :cool:

People who claim to be pro-life and really aren't because they kill/eat animals, are pro-war, & pro-all that other stuff that takes away life, are hypocrites to me.

Well not everybody that holds a view different to yours has to fit a stereotype.It's always presumed that all pro-lifers are some kind of religious zealots.I'm pro-life but I'm also an atheist.I'm also a vegetarian and am anti war so that blows your theory out of the water.

People who claim to be pro-life and really aren't because they kill/eat animals, are pro-war, & pro-all that other stuff that takes away life, are hypocrites to me.

Not really if you hold humans to be higher than animals. Then it is on two different levels. I personally would lead a homeless vagrant out of a burning building before the family dog.

^^^
I probably would too... but that still doesn't mean it's ok for me to kill/eat animals just because I consider human life worth slightly more... all life is important and should be respected. <3

^^^
I probably would too... but that still doesn't mean it's ok for me to kill/eat animals just because I consider human life worth slightly more... all life is important and should be respected. <3

Tell that to the waterbug that was crawling through the stairwell the other day at work. It was smeared.

Tags
aren'tmenawful? feminism hypocrisy ignorance male domination omg pro-idiocy what about elmo
Back
Top Bottom