Aberdeen - BHGE Arena (Feb. 16, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / How Soon Is Now? / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / When You Open Your Legs / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / The Bullfighter Dies / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / The Girl From Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn't Kneel / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Hold On To Your Friends / Back On The Chain Gang / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / I Bury The Living / Spent The Day In Bed / Suedehead / Israel / Jack The Ripper // Everyday Is Like Sunday / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
After Morrissey arrived by bus, two security guys came and took Hugh aside to talk to him. Hugh then explained to several people that he was told he was banned from all future shows because he expressed disappointment on social media that Morrissey had racist views. He was told by the security guard that his social media activity was noticed and that Morrissey did not feel comfortable having him at shows and that his picture would be given to security at all future venues. When Hugh asked if Morrissey knows about this decision to ban him, the security guard said no, it was the security guard's own decision. I don't know Hugh and I've never seen his social media posts, this is just what he said. He wasn't too upset about the decision. He looks to be an older guy who's been going to shows for a long time and said he loves Morrissey, he's just disappointed in him.

He's an uber-fan who has followed many Morrissey tours. I mean he wa sthere whne the bus arrived today for example. Rather than the pub like most sane people.
Security owe Morrissey a duty of care. If these social media posts were offensive or threatening then security have every right to turn him away.

Great show! This was my first Morrissey concert, and it was also nice to hear “If you don’t like me, don’t look at me”. Solid performance from the man. Jack the Ripper was especially well done. Nice to be front row too!
Only complaints were the drunken fools in the crowd. Screaming in your ear holes louder than Morrissey, and the idiot behind me who was grinding me and spilling beer on my shoulders. And... during the usual shirt fight, one old woman decided to throw headbutts left right and centre. Madness. Last complaint.. don’t open the doors at 6:30pm and make us stand for 2 hours doing nothing, and THEN another half hour of videos when your buzz has already long left you. Besides all that, 100% from Moz!

Last edited:
Great show! This was my first Morrissey concert, and it was also nice to hear “If you don’t like me, don’t look at me”. Solid performance from the man. Jack the Ripper was especially well done. Nice to be front row too!
Only complaints were the drunken fools in the crowd. Screaming in your ear holes louder than Morrissey, and the idiot behind me who was grinding me and spilling beer on my shoulders. And... during the usual shirt fight, one woman decided to throw headbutts left right and centre. Madness. Last complaint.. don’t open the doors at 6:30pm and make us stand for 2 hours doing nothing, and THEN another half hour of videos when your buzz has already long left you. Besides all that, 100% from Moz!
Post of the night.

Only complaints were the drunken fools in the crowd. Screaming in your ear holes louder than Morrissey, and the idiot behind me who was grinding me and spilling beer on my shoulders. And... during the usual shirt fight, one old woman decided to throw headbutts left right and centre. Madness. Last complaint.. don’t open the doors at 6:30pm and make us stand for 2 hours doing nothing, and THEN another half hour of videos when your buzz has already long left you. Besides all that, 100% from Moz!
By drunken fools, do you mean scots?

Here's the preshow videos

1. Loudmouth by The Ramones (1975 video)
2. Something Here in My Heart by Paper Dolls
3. How Soon is Now by t.a.T.u (Top of the Pops 2003)
4. Sound of the Crowd by The Human League (TV performance?: )
5. I'm Black and I'm Proud by James Brown (Playboy After Dark 1969)
6. Someday Someway by Robert Gordon
7. "We're Rich. We're family (?)" - film clip unknown to me
8. Don't Make Me Over by Dionne Warwick (1963)
9. "How important is one's nationality to one's identity" - British comedian clip
10. God Save the Queen by the Sex Pistols
11. "The truth is, no 'white' American is sure he is white." - Jame Baldwin clip from "Baldwin's N----" (London, 1969: )
12. Sally's Song (from The Nightmare Before Christmas) by Fiona Apple (with montage of old b&w monster movie clips -- I'm unable to locate this montage video on youtube)
13. "There was a lot of rubbish" (?) female comedian clip unknown to me
14. L'insoumis film clip (from which the cover of The Queen is Dead is taken)
15. It's the Same Old Song by The Four Tops
16. Jet Boy by The New York Dolls
17. Lipsynka clip

Pre-show videos came on right at 8:30, show started about 9:15 and ended at about 10:40.

For When You Open Your Legs, "I am asked to leave this club in Tel-Aviv" was humorously changed to "this club in Aberdeen."

The crowd really picked up with If You Don't Like Me. I Bury The Living was well received by the audience and even though I personally don't enjoy the song, I think it was really well performed. Israel was also well received, despite it being a controversial song. This is my perspective from being on the barrier, rather than back a few rows where there might be less die hard fans, so you can take it with a grain of salt.

As to the inevitable complaints about the setlist. You may not like the songs, but at least acknowledge that the set list doesn't simply stay the same. Munich Air is played infrequently, Who Will Protect Us has only been played a few times, Hold on to your Friends is rarely played. When's the last time Irish Blood was sung? Three songs made their concert debut tonight: Girl from Tel-Aviv, I Bury the Living, and Israel. Not to mention that many UK concert-goers haven't been to a show in over a year and have never seen many of these songs performed live unlike their friends across the pond. The last UK date was a single date in Manchester Aug 2016, previously the last UK tour was 2015.

People actually paid money to see him play this set list?

The world is full of crashing bores & idiots.

I’ll be honest, if it’s the same set list at Leeds I won’t be happy. Not loving a lot of the new album TBH. And would hope for a couple more Smiths songs.

So the backdrop reads something like what would you do if you were not afraid and this from a man banning his own fans from entering the venue....
I was told tonight that a well known visitor and poster on the forum passed away the other day. Rest well U!

And I didn’t expect to see moz take a 7 incher whilst on stage.
NOTE to all: this was a 45 record. Get your mind out of the gutter.
John Keir gifted Morrissey a record he picked out for him. I didn't catch the name, but it's sung by a favorite actor of Morrissey. Well-researched. After Morrissey took the record (after coming back for the encore), he also signed a poster and took two notes--one from me!

Also forgot to mention: no stage invasions. Security got heavier on the barrier at the encore, so it would have been nearly impossible to get over.

Weird how every aging rock act I follow has the diehard fans complaining about the lack of new material played at their live shows (some as little as 10 years from their prime and most have fallen to lower lows than Morrissey) but here the popular sentiment is there are too much new songs. Can't please everyone.

Flaming excellent setlist!
FFS someone who usually behaves better just 'disliked' my post because I like the setlist. I didn't realise we were trying to cultivate a culture of like minded lobotomised lackeys.

Hugh Clark, former poster here (Morrissey23rd) was stopped from entering the gig tonight. He is banned from all gigs. Apparently due to his social media.

He’s been a stalwart from the start. Weird times.

Wasn't he the guy who heckled Moz in Cambridge (UK) a few years back when Moz started talking to Julia? Moz asked for the lights to be turned on so he could be ejected. Apologies if it's the wrong guy, but the name rings a bell.

Israel was also well received, despite it being a controversial song

it's soo tiring to hear that old guardian stuff "israel... controversial bla bla" :sleeping:

morrissey travels around and writes songs about what he sees, hears and feels "mexico" "america" "istanbul" "london" "scandinavia".

the very word "israel" is more controversial in some peoples ears than "cock sucker", "heroin" or whatever.

bloody hell, he sings about an ancient country, a culture that happens to be a root of our whole civilisation. he pays some respect to it and people find it remarkable that fans still receive it well because it is so controversial!?

thousands upon thousands of people have travelled to israel and fallen in love with the place - what's so bloody controversial with that?

if someone goes to the states and is blown away by the vastness, the richness, the heritage and quite loves it and sings about it - does that then become controversial?

What would you do if you had a lot of money like Moz and did not have to live in areas with a lot of problems. For all his attempts to come across as brainy and enlightened it seems he has no clue what is going on in this world.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom