Aberdeen - BHGE Arena (Feb. 16, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / How Soon Is Now? / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / When You Open Your Legs / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / The Bullfighter Dies / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / The Girl From Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn't Kneel / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Hold On To Your Friends / Back On The Chain Gang / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / I Bury The Living / Spent The Day In Bed / Suedehead / Israel / Jack The Ripper // Everyday Is Like Sunday / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
Hugh Clark, former poster here (Morrissey23rd) was stopped from entering the gig tonight. He is banned from all gigs. Apparently due to his social media.

He’s been a stalwart from the start. Weird times.

Nothing weird about it. Hugh called Moz a racist on Twitter, so Moz bans him - simple.

Agree, ten is too many if true. Great headphone songs, but crowd killers a plenty.

Doing 10 songs off the new album, bad decision as was 2 covers and general bad pacing / Munich air disaster I always feel is out of place even if a tribute / anniversary

Very poor setlist

His voice was still great & kudos on the stage production, setup looked good

Hopefully he amends setlist for tomorrow in Glasgow or another lukewarm reception awaits
But if you loved the new album then I assume you would like the setlist? Do people go to a Moz concert expecting 15 Smiths songs back to back?

DWMLUsHXkAI3VE0.jpg

A couple more via insta in b&w - click right arrow on image:

3 nice ones from Int'l:
DWMU3DEW4AAFj9w.jpg

DWMWTOBXkAEU_DY.jpg

DWManPTXkAI8YkJ.jpg

Via Maladjusted:
DWMV0miXUAA8Sdt.jpg

Various sources - all efforts appreciated.
FWD.

Last edited:
But if you loved the new album then I assume you would like the setlist? Do people go to a Moz concert expecting 15 Smiths songs back to back?

Well exactly, I want to hear those tunes live. Are you for Dublin, Acton? Coming down from Belfast myself, a few days in a Guinness haze.

Seen a few videos, seems a similar setlist to American tour, nothing new, sad times

occasionally here, by some more than others, there is a pessimism, a sadness, a glass half full. is it a bitterness, a longing of lost youth, theirs -not moz's- In other words: a projection?

it's tiring. moz is a unique artist, mainly because he's honest and shows his human sides; the passion, fear, bravery, needs and silliness. and that's why we love him. we think he's beautiful

i appreciate that it can be anxiety-provoking to see one owns life disappear down the drains, half made, forgotten by most and never even close to the dreams that once were. but cry out in church or on your shrink's shoulder -not here, please!

Nothing weird about it. Hugh called Moz a racist on Twitter, so Moz bans him - simple.
Just curious how Hugh is identified at a gig? Is there a poster of him in the lobby for the bouncers to glance at? Does this mean Uncle Skinny is banned from concerts too?

occasionally here, by some more than others, there is a pessimism, a sadness, a glass half full. is it a bitterness, a longing of lost youth, theirs -not moz's- In other words: a projection?

it's tiring. moz is a unique artist, mainly because he's honest and shows his human sides; the passion, fear, bravery, needs and silliness. and that's why we love him. we think he's beautiful

i appreciate that it can be anxiety-provoking to see one owns life disappear down the drains, half made, forgotten by most and never even close to the dreams that once were. but cry out in church or on your shrink's shoulder -not here, please!

Go moan to someone that cares

I think some concert-goers expect more "hits", particularly when he plays soulless cavernous sheds. You know like most other bands/ artists do with honourable exceptions of Paul Weller and Bob Dylan and occasionally Neil Young.

A lot of people who go to these venues are not fanatics per se and class The Smiths/ Morrissey as an 80s heritage act, especially in the UK

Me? for better or worse I'm in it for the long run. Can't say I'm enamoured about half the setlist seemingly being the new album but hope he shakes it up a bit on the 3 gigs I'm going to

PS One of the comments I saw was on Tw1tter was £56 with no support act - robbing git

Last edited:
I think some concert-goers expect more "hits", particularly when he plays soulless cavernous sheds. You know like most other bands/ artists do with honourable exceptions of Paul Weller and Bob Dylan and occasionally Neil Young.

A lot of people who go to these venues are not fanatics per se and class The Smiths/ Morrissey as an 80s heritage act, especially in the UK
I suppose you're right. At SUEDE concert some people hated the first half because it was all the new album. Then the 2nd half was greatest hits. Maybe people would like Moz to do that. I'll be just happy to be at a Moz concert regardless of what he plays. Luckily I love the new album.
Beats me how such casual 'fans' could be bothered to buy a ticket and spend an evening when all they end up doing is talking or tweeting all the way through the concert.

Hugh Clark, former poster here (Morrissey23rd) was stopped from entering the gig tonight. He is banned from all gigs. Apparently due to his social media.

Hugh and I went to a number of gigs in 2002. He stayed at my house once. Weird times indeed.

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

You’ll be gone (elvis cover)
I wish you lonely
I started something
Jacky’s only happy
How soon is now ?
Munich air disaster 1958
When you open your legs
Who will protect us from the police
Bullfighter
World Peace Is none
The Girl from Tel Aviv
My love id do anything
Hold onto your friends
Back on the chain gang (the pretenders)
If you don’t like me, don’t look at me
I bury the living
Spent the day in bed
Suedehead
Israel
Jack the Ripper

Encore:

Sunday
Irish blood

Good riddance
IRA loving twat

Just curious how Hugh is identified at a gig? Is there a poster of him in the lobby for the bouncers to glance at? Does this mean Uncle Skinny is banned from concerts too?
Interesting question. And what do you have to do to be banned? e.g. if you post 20 positive comments on Moz Solo but 1 negative comment does that mean you could be in danger of being banned? Seems a bit harsh. At the end of the day most fans are usually fairly positive when it comes to Moz, apart from the odd lunatic.

Morrissey knows his fans...and those who have turned against him. Skinny was banned years ago, but he wouldn't attend anyway. The question is, why did Hugh Clark turn up to a concert of a man he has been openly calling a racist on social media? The only possible conclusion that Morrissey & his security could come to, is that Clark was there to cause harm. What artist wouldn't ban someone who made very public declarations of hate?

I wish you lonely
I started something
Jacky’s only happy
How soon is now ?
Munich air disaster 1958
When you open your legs
Bullfighter
World Peace Is none
The Girl from Tel Aviv
My love id do anything
Hold onto your friends
I bury the living
Spent the day in bed
Suedehead
Israel
Jack the Ripper

Encore:

Sunday
Irish blood
Flaming excellent setlist!

I wish you lonely
I started something
Jacky’s only happy
How soon is now ?
Munich air disaster 1958
When you open your legs
Bullfighter
World Peace Is none
The Girl from Tel Aviv
My love id do anything
Hold onto your friends
I bury the living
Spent the day in bed
Suedehead
Israel
Jack the Ripper

Encore:

Sunday
Irish blood

Awful setlist, too much new content, a few older songs not played for years would be nice, morrissey has one of the best back catalogues of any artist and he refuses to play them, would love to hear ‘hairdresser on fire’ or ‘seasick yet still docked’

Hold onto your friends

ha ha ha ha ha. The martyrdom continues. Love it.

The rest of that setlist is "interesting". Seems he gets a few classics in there (decent obscurities imo too) to wake up a comatose audience perhaps? That middle section must have dragged a bit

After Morrissey arrived by bus, two security guys came and took Hugh aside to talk to him. Hugh then explained to several people that he was told he was banned from all future shows because he expressed disappointment on social media that Morrissey had racist views. He was told by the security guard that his social media activity was noticed and that Morrissey did not feel comfortable having him at shows and that his picture would be given to security at all future venues. When Hugh asked if Morrissey knows about this decision to ban him, the security guard said no, it was the security guard's own decision. I don't know Hugh and I've never seen his social media posts, this is just what he said. He wasn't too upset about the decision. He looks to be an older guy who's been going to shows for a long time and said he loves Morrissey, he's just disappointed in him.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom