Aarhus - Voxhall (July 13, 2011) post-show

Actually, the information on the capacity is from the VoxHall website, to quote:

"VoxHall kan rumme 700 publikummer og indeholder hovedsalen". I looked up a lot of the capacities on the venue websites. I'm not an idiot, but I am lovely, thank you.

Thanks for having my back, CG! I would give you a bouquet-of-flowers emoticon if this site had one. :)

Wasn't difficult to find once you follow the picture, was it. And what are you doing here? Do you not have a much better and nicer forum to use?

Face it, this website will last as long as Morrissey's career - i.e. not much longer...

Is this site being set up to self destruct?
Why is David allowing so many anonymous postings - why are the Administrators allowing such crude language thtough the posts.
Moz fans are (supposedly) intelligent, surely more insightful and witty comments are a better defence to the gutter comments I've sadly got used to reading here.
The site is still full of good info, unfortunately it's taking a lot of weeding out nowadays.
David - get a grip or release it - got let it fester in this filth.

Smug

Hello I was there in Arhus yesterday,

Great gig great audience

I have the setlist and a youtube movie,

I don,t like this site anymore but i will share it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5yUYcHIQeI

Setlist:

I want the
Fatty
Speedo
Oujia
Scandinavia
First gang
M is murder
Sat of luv
Killed me
Action is
Kids a l
Paris
I know its o
Irish
People are ( not played )
Almatt
Everyday is

Encore:

Light

It was a great show, really, although the venue was very hot.

Some lyric changes as well: "You have never been in love, until you've rescued a cow from an abbatoir" :lbf: and then "and you have never been in love until you've seen the light in my blue eyes" - or something like that.

I recorded most of 'Scandinavia' on my iPhone, will try and upload later.

rofl

Thank you!

"Scandinavia" sounds like a mixture of battle and love song.

Does it put the "walking in Rome" song into any new perspective? Just asking, because it sounds as if it does to me.

rofl

Thank you!

"Scandinavia" sounds like a mixture of battle and love song.

Does it put the "walking in Rome" song into any new perspective? Just asking, because it sounds as if it does to me.

I thought the same, also because he seemed very happy. Is that song a cover version of something? Runrig has a song named "In Scandinavia", but it seems strange if he adapted something from a band like that.

Tonight's gig cancelled due to rain, eh? You wouldn't have thought old Mozzer would have minded a bit of rain, having hailed from Drizzle Fizzled MankFester.
I just feel sorry for those people who have traveled miles to see him. It's happening again. All we can hope that after a couple of days' rest (sulking?) he'll be back to normal and raring to go.

It's beautiful. :tears:

(Love song + dirge = heaven)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, this is just too easy to pick a part.

First of all, Morrissey Can't get a contract. That IS a fact. No one will touch him and he's alluded to it, himself.

"Yes men" and "blacklisted" are not contradictory. The people in his world are afraid to confront him (band members and camp personnel). He's well known to be harsh with dissension, (what he considers, anyway) independence and anyone who stands up for himself.

That band he has now, aside from Matt Walker is filled with mid-level (at best) talent (Jesse is even lower than mid-level). They are thanking their lucky stars they are with Moz and yes, that includes Boz. Those band members are going to milk this thing until the very end because after that, it's welcome to oblivion for them. They are fortunate to even have the job.

The gigs on Moz's European tour are certainly Not selling out in minutes (good job pulling that one out of your ass) and the venues are some of the smallest he's ever played.

If you do not believe that Morrissey is on the decline, after hearing what he's put out after YATQ, you are delusional. You are a robot and someone not to be taken seriously. Now go away, you sanctimonious jerk.

Great post.

I'm always happy when I see others giving Matt some respect.

The content here is very logical and honest.

I do understand why someone would say they don't like ROTT or YOR as much as YATQ but I actually like a lot of songs from those records but there are some duds.

Specifically I love Pigsty, I Will See You, The Youngest, Mama, Black Cloud, Carol.

On the other hand I am not a fan of The Father, On The Streets I Ran, You Were Good In Your Time.

These records I listen to MUCH MUCH more than Kill Uncle or Maladjusted (But Trouble Loves Me is pure genius)

So I think we are probably on the same page here, there are some good songs lately but these albums can't stand up to Viva Hate or V&I or YATQ. I just don't want to say they are completely devoid of anything worth having.

Great post.

I'm always happy when I see others giving Matt some respect.

The content here is very logical and honest.

I do understand why someone would say they don't like ROTT or YOR as much as YATQ but I actually like a lot of songs from those records but there are some duds.

Specifically I love Pigsty, I Will See You, The Youngest, Mama, Black Cloud, Carol.

On the other hand I am not a fan of The Father, On The Streets I Ran, You Were Good In Your Time.

These records I listen to MUCH MUCH more than Kill Uncle or Maladjusted (But Trouble Loves Me is pure genius)

So I think we are probably on the same page here, there are some good songs lately but these albums can't stand up to Viva Hate or V&I or YATQ. I just don't want to say they are completely devoid of anything worth having.

Bored, if you like some of the material Moz has put out after Quarry that's fine. But just think how much better all his stuff from ROTT onwards would be with another, better and more talented guitarist. It would be a world of difference and all those Very many clunkers would be salvaged.

Morrissey would not be in the position he is in, if he improved his band (release Jesse Tobias). I really don't think there's any getting around that.

People who have been disappointed and frustrated with Moz would love him again and the people who love him now would love him even more. A night and day change would occur and we'd all benefit from it greatly. Everyone would be happy.

Hello I was there in Arhus yesterday,

Great gig great audience

I have the setlist and a youtube movie,

I don,t like this site anymore but i will share it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5yUYcHIQeI

Setlist:

I want the
Fatty
Speedo
Oujia
Scandinavia
First gang
M is murder
Sat of luv
Killed me
Action is
Kids a l
Paris
I know its o
Irish
People are ( not played )
Almatt
Everyday is

Encore:

Light

thanks

about the site, it has been the longest and biggest running website devoted to
a singer and his former band, whose a total controlfreak, and starts banning his fanbase, take care, next time it could be you

Bored, if you like some of the material Moz has put out after Quarry that's fine. But just think how much better all his stuff from ROTT onwards would be with another, better and more talented guitarist. It would be a world of difference and all those Very many clunkers would be salvaged.

Morrissey would not be in the position he is in, if he improved his band (release Jesse Tobias). I really don't think there's any getting around that.

People who have been disappointed and frustrated with Moz would love him again and the people who love him now would love him even more. A night and day change would occur and we'd all benefit from it greatly. Everyone would be happy.

I don't disagree with the songwriting criticism. I think Jesse is a really good live player but his song-writing is very hit or miss, usually miss.

At the same time, not even Johnny Marr could have made On The Streets I Ran a good song because lyrically it's pretty weak.

What I often wonder is, does Moz have gems like Life is a Pigsty waiting to be written but just hasn't received the right piece of music for? If so, then a new band would certainly make a big difference.

Wasn't difficult to find once you follow the picture, was it. And what are you doing here? Do you not have a much better and nicer forum to use?

I don't know of this picture you speak of.

I use both forums. I still have a few friends here, but I really only come here when I feel I can contribute something. Do I know you? Why are you being mean to me anonymously? You can pm me if you want. I don't want to take up a concert thread with this stuff.

This sounds like it was a wonderful show. I can't listen to the youtube of the new song now but will later. So sad for everyone who has been standing in the rain for today's! He was unhappy with the rain in Glasto, so I don't think it's just a ploy, I think he really found it distracting. We have a venue here which can be outside or inside, like that one, but the summer tickets always say 'OUTSIDE rain or shine.' I don't know why.

I don't disagree with the songwriting criticism. I think Jesse is a really good live player but his song-writing is very hit or miss, usually miss.

At the same time, not even Johnny Marr could have made On The Streets I Ran a good song because lyrically it's pretty weak.

What I often wonder is, does Moz have gems like Life is a Pigsty waiting to be written but just hasn't received the right piece of music for? If so, then a new band would certainly make a big difference.

Well Bored, I have to go ahead and disagree with you on Jesse Tobias. I can't stand how he plays live. His sound is just mud. Power chord heavy, no finesse, no delicacy.....Mud. Throw everything at the wall and see if it'll stick. His style is a ill-fit for Morrissey. The songs just don't sound as good as they should. I honestly think Jesse is the worst thing to happen to Morrissey.....ever.

Hey, did you see how we had a disagreement but exchanged our thoughts nicely? It can be done!

I've been going to this site since its inception for good Morrissey tour updates and discussion...damn shame that it had to be reduced to this vile spewing of hate for not just Morrissey, but each other. I know there are two sides to every story and I don't think we'll never know enough to decide who was right and who was wrong, but regardless, its a shame that it can't get resolved in a manner that doesn't involve this unfortunate discourse between the sites readers and active participants.

great gig very intimate was in first row.on the side...moz was in a good mood and quite chatty.. i cant quite remember that much of the chatter,sorry..could it be that he spoke danish at the very end? someone enlighten me-cause he did say sth i couldnt make out and the crowd cheered loudly to this...after playing scandinavia he did coment that its a love song called scandinavia..when introducing the band he commenting that aarhus is nice but also nice are... "band introductions" he giggled during meat is murder as he mixed up the lyrics and also changed lyrics during gang "saved a cow from the abbatoir"..3 shirt changes ,band did wear "money "shirts and there was a snake on the shirt.
some of his french fands gavehim two self made books called christian dior and im ok by myself which he acepted and also spoke out the name of the book., smiling broadly when he did ser the im okay by myself book.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom