A world without humans...

Would the world be a better place without humans?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
D

DAVIE

I mentioned this on a previous thread and I thought it would be interesting to read the views of other members.

So if humans were wiped off the face of the Earth and it was down to nature, what would happen to the Earth? Do you think it could thrive? Would ants become the super-intelligent spieces? Would the world become forests and jungles instead of cities and towns? There was the dinosaurs, there was the humans...could a new spieces be the new dominant spieces to take over the world?

Any creative ideas welcome :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I mentioned this on a previous thread and I thought it would be interesting to read the views of other members.

So if humans were wiped off the face of the Earth and it was down to nature, what would happen to the Earth? Do you think it could thrive? Would ants become the super-intelligent spieces? Would the world become forests and jungles instead of cities and towns? There was the dinosaurs, there was the humans...could a new spieces be the new dominant spieces to take over the world?

Why do you say that if people were wiped off the Earth, it would come down to Nature? Aren't people natural?

The Earth got along just fine for a hell of a long time before people showed up. I'm sure that if we left, things would carry on.

As for some currently known species or animal eventually evolving to a point of super-intelligence and human-like proficiency, well, that's impossible to predict. I'd say it's unlikely. But what you're really asking is that if humans died out, what would be the new humans? So in that case, why even create the hypothetical to begin with?

There's always gonna be species that thrive and prosper, and those that will fail and thin out and die. There's a lot of contextual circumstances to consider...and besides, anything that could wipe out humanity would probably deal a pretty serious hand to all other lifeforms, as well. So to answer your question in any remotely useful way, you'd have to imbue your scenario with a lot more specifics and conditions.

Why didn't you add an "I don't give a f***" option? :confused:

The Earth got along just fine for a hell of a long time before people showed up. I'm sure that if we left, things would carry on.

As for some currently known species or animal eventually evolving to a point of super-intelligence and human-like proficiency, well, that's impossible to predict. I'd say it's unlikely. But what you're really asking is that if humans died out, what would be the new humans? So in that case, why even create the hypothetical to begin with?

There's always gonna be species that thrive and prosper, and those that will fail and thin out and die. There's a lot of contextual circumstances to consider...and besides, anything that could wipe out humanity would probably deal a pretty serious hand to all other lifeforms, as well. So to answer your question in any remotely useful way, you'd have to imbue your scenario with a lot more specifics and conditions.

Thanks for answering. I understand the thread is very general.

Why didn't you add an "I don't give a f***" option? :confused:

Because you never get an answer from a poll by doing that

I don't know if it aired in the UK- I assume that's where you are based, Davie- but here in the USA on the History Channel, there was a really interesting television show called Life After People, that used really complex CGI images to show man-made structures and natural ones reverting to their own states if all humans were to suddenly disappear. It was a little heavy on the graphics and eerie music, but there was a good amount of science and data behind it, too.

Here's the first part of the show on Youtube. It's 9 parts, but you get the idea from the first one.

I don't know if it aired in the UK- I assume that's where you are based, Davie- but here in the USA on the History Channel, there was a really interesting television show called Life After People, that used really complex CGI images to show man-made structures and natural ones reverting to their own states if all humans were to suddenly disappear. It was a little heavy on the graphics and eerie music, but there was a good amount of science and data behind it, too.

Here's the first part of the show on Youtube. It's 9 parts, but you get the idea from the first one.

I thought of that too. I remember when it came out. Never watched it though.

Oh no, it's Pertwee in a horrible mack! I'm embarrassed to even call him "Doctor" :D

Going potholing in velvet isn't very sensible.

tumblr_ma2fl3yIbQ1qjbx4ho2_250.gif

Thanks very much for this. I will be watching now :)

I watched Life After People. It's really interesting that Mount Rushmore would be the last ever standing human made thing ever on the earth, if we were all gone. How weird.

Here's another documentary. I'm going to watch it tomorrow night. I have an idea on a fictional futuristic book to write. I haven't written anything for years.

Hello 'Davie'.

It's nice when people give credit/attribution for thread starter ideas:rolleyes:, like this:

http://bit.ly/QyE5ve

Originally Posted by DAVIE
Yeah. That's exactly what I put. We'll destroy the Earth.

It would great if the Earth could live on without humanity prowling on it...Any ideas what would happen to the Earth if humans no longer ruled?

I might make a seperate thread on this topic.

You might find this a useful place to start:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/life-after-people

best
BrummieBoy

[yours....Susan: press/P.R/Project Management/Post-Production]:straightface:

Back
Top Bottom