A Taste of Honey

I have this dvd. Haven't yet watched it since I don't have a multi region DVD player. It makes me want to watch it more.
Where did you get that rendition of Last Night.. ?
it's not from the movie, is it?

The movie was made in 1961 and Johnny Marr wrote the music to Last Night... in 1986 / 87 so it definately doesn't appear in the film!

No idea where that rendition came from though:confused:

Jukebox Jury

Very nice, SaNV. I haven't seen it, but in a way feel "I have". Nice to hear the 'inspiration' for Last Night.

Thank you for the comments,Yes the music"last night i dreamt.." is from String Quartet Tribute to the Smiths,Although "how Soon is Now" sounds like impossible mission!

just watched it again.

i was taken aback by "dreamt of you last night, fell out of bed twice!"

:)

I used to share a house in Rusholme. One of the girls who shared with us took her mum to the Royal Exchange to see the stage version of it (about 1989/90). Morrissey turned up, and for those who don't know the Manchester Royal Exchange Theatre, it's in the round. So, at that point in the play "dreamt...", everyone looked at him! I was told that he seemed to be very uncomfortable.

I used to share a house in Rusholme. One of the girls who shared with us took her mum to the Royal Exchange to see the stage version of it (about 1989/90). Morrissey turned up, and for those who don't know the Manchester Royal Exchange Theatre, it's in the round. So, at that point in the play "dreamt...", everyone looked at him! I was told that he seemed to be very uncomfortable.

Really?

I also went to see the play in February 1989 at Royal Exchange Theatre!
Lucky you to see the play with Morrissey.

Really?

I also went to see the play in February 1989 at Royal Exchange Theatre!
Lucky you to see the play with Morrissey.

No Kewpie. Lucky Gill the Goth?

I stayed in that night!:sick:

I have this dvd. Haven't yet watched it since I don't have a multi region DVD player. It makes me want to watch it more.

how much did you pay for this on DVD?? I bought it on VHS and transferred it as the prices for the DVD were outrageous!

btw..I actually quite like the movie..

For it's day it was quite a "revolutionary" film and quite risque for the times,And for me I think one of the greatest films ever made,Never mind the effect's laden and sometimes(pretty much most no substance) boring movies you see today,Is a classic.

I assume you've tried to find a region hack for your player? If not then just google (or whatever search engine you use) region hack + your make/model of player & you should be able to get the codes to set it up for any region.

love

Grim

I assume you've tried to find a region hack for your player? If not then just google (or whatever search engine you use) region hack + your make/model of player & you should be able to get the codes to set it up for any region.

love

Grim

i've heard of that. unfortuntely i haven't had the time to do so let alone the time to watch the movie :(

Back
Top Bottom