"A Taste of Honey" - good 0r just merely shocking for 1958?

I saw this movie tonight. Was so strange to hear a few morrissey quotes - or rather vice versa !!!!
like "I dreamed about you last night and I fell out of bed twice"
"the dream is gone but the baby is real"
"I'm not happy and I'm not sad"
mozzy the little word thief ;-) did shelagh delaney ever sue for royalties?

What a wonderful film- I watched it last night for umpteenth time. I wonder if they ever met- Moz & Shelagh? I do find it quite touching how He admitted in 1994-

'I mean, even I - even I - went a little bit too far with A Taste Of Honey.'

Like much of his 'source' material, it has introduced a whole new set of people to poetry, film, literature etc. Cor blimey, he's a national treasure.

I saw this movie tonight. Was so strange to hear a few morrissey quotes - or rather vice versa !!!!

LOL Obviously not, but he has always acknowledged her influence, which makes it more of an hommage than a steal. She could have refused him the rights to use her photos for album and single sleeves, if she wanted to.

and it's "I'm not happy and I'm not glad" - at least it is in the play. He didn't exactly steal that one, he paraphrased it.

I've read the play, but I haven't seen the film. Are there any important differences between them?

Yes. The play is words written on some sheets of paper, whereas the film has all sorts of moving images and sounds.
Although one similarity is that they are both black and white.

By 'eck that were funny.

Back
Top Bottom