a smiths movie... who would you cast??

leedoggpimp

morrissey- robert pattinson
johnny marr- jon hamm
mike joyce- gerard butler
andy rourke- val kilmer

stephen street- cilian murphy

I've siad it before and I'll say it again. If the do make a film of The Smiths they could do worse than get Will Young in to play Morrissey. He can sing, he can act and he's got the big underbite too.

Morrissey in the Interesting Drug Single is his double.

hi_1989_interesting12_1.jpg

Morrissey....Billy Bates.
Marr. Chrissie Hynde.
Rourke. The new fella in corrie ( the one who is staying with Tyrone, and doing the two "birds" at the same time).
Joyce. my mate Tony ( and he's a decent drummer too...)
Well....you did ask!!!

I've siad it before and I'll say it again. If the do make a film of The Smiths they could do worse than get Will Young in to play Morrissey. He can sing, he can act and he's got the big underbite too.

Morrissey in the Interesting Drug Single is his double.

hi_1989_interesting12_1.jpg

I've always seen a very strong resemblance as well- interesting idea.

Will Smith

it does not matter what role... however... Will Smith needs to be in the movie as one of the leads.

Will-Smith_0.jpg

1299019514-77.jpg

Morrissey- Eddie Murphy
Johnny Marr- Eddie Murphy
Mike Joyce- Eddie Murphy
Andy Rourke- Eddie Murphy

Will Smith can do the soundtrack, which will be rap versions of seminal smiths songs

It would be a pretty boring movie though. Maybe there could be a secondary plot strand featuring the tragic romance between Morrissey and Johnny Marr, and there'd be loads of gay sex and then in the second half of of the film EVERYTHING could be WILDLY OVEREXAGGERATED and Morrissey is like this monstrous racist thug who burns down the local orphanage to erect a 20 ft cast iron statue of him cradling a little calf in his arms.

Last edited:
I made a thread like this last week.

I'd cast Paul Wesley as Moz.
8adc.jpg

Patty Considine as Mike Joyce.
Rafe Spall as Rourke. We could have a mini Hot Fuzz reunion. "You have a mustache.." "Yeah I know".

I kind of want Kevin Mcdonald from kids in the hall as Marr. I don't know why.

Back
Top Bottom