A Small Request

Ethan Poe

I used to have the following tracks but somehow lost them upon getting a new laptop. Is there anyone who could send me Slum Mums and the recorded version of Noone Can Hold a Candle to You. I did purchase these singles but they are now lost, so I can assure you I have paid for them at one point.

I don't get it. If you purchased them wouldn't you still have them on CD?

Marred, have you ever heard of digital downloads?....I know how Ethan feels. Its a pain in the ass to have a laptop die on you, everything on there is lost forever if its not backed up.

Last edited:
It's shocking how many people on the forums here have faulty computers. Seems every other day someone is in here - sometimes new members making their first post - begging for this track or that because their hard drive crashed.

Marred, have you ever heard of digital downloads?....I know how Ethan feels. Its a pain in the ass to have a laptop die on you, everything on there is lost forever if its not backed up.

Ethan's post it doesn't actually say his laptop crashed, only that he somehow he lost the tracks getting a new laptop. No idea what that means anyway.

No need to make stuff up about losing your songs. All you have to do is come here and say I'm too cheap to pay for these songs. Is there any chance that someone who actually paid for the songs could give them to me? Which is usually followed by some tosser replying "Here you go" and uploads them.

If his CPU crashed how come he's only asking for the B sides from "I have forgiven Jesus"? Wouldn't he have lost everything? Maybe his CPU didn't like those 2 B sides and erased them?

I'm not making any friends here on this thread which is cool because I'd rather hang with people that don't leech....like ummagumma for example :)

Last edited:
f*** him off. it's the same everytime someone comes on requesting tracks. if he's got nothing sensible to say, why not say nothing? on the whole that would be great;)

f*** me off?......lmao! Yeah that's very sensible.

I've seen quite a few of your posts beast and this one has the usual flair and class of all the other ones.

Keep it up!

Last edited:
I've recently bought a new lap top and new ipod. All my songs are backed up on to a hard drive and they were duly copied over. After a few weeks of listening to the ipod on shuffle I noticed that I hadn't heard any R.E.M., when I checked through non of my R.E.M. tracks were there. They are on my old ipod, but not on my external harddrive, not on my new laptop or new lap top.

I can only assume that the digital process isn't perfect and that sometimes songs get lost.

No problems though, I buy all my stuff on CD, so I just went and copied them again - about 20 CDs. Problem is, I have 15,000+ tracks on my ipod - no way could I check that each one is copied :( They are all stored in 6 IKEA Billy CD shelves - that's not including the Smiths/Morrissey stuff which is kept in seperate boxes away from my daughter (a sticky fingered 3 year old).

My itunes says that I have 917 Morrissey songs - I've no idea how many are duplicate or how many are missing and I'm not going to check.

His story is plausible. I'm not saying I believe him, just that it's plausible. ;)

Dave

Ethan's post it doesn't actually say his laptop crashed, only that he somehow he lost the tracks getting a new laptop. No idea what that means anyway.

No need to make stuff up about losing your songs. All you have to do is come here and say I'm too cheap to pay for these songs. Is there any chance that someone who actually paid for the songs could give them to me? Which is usually followed by some tosser replying "Here you go" and uploads them.

If his CPU crashed how come he's only asking for the B sides from "I have forgiven Jesus"? Wouldn't he have lost everything? Maybe his CPU didn't like those 2 B sides and erased them?

I'm not making any friends here on this thread which is cool because I'd rather hang with people that don't leech....like ummagumma for example :)

I've recently bought a new lap top and new ipod. All my songs are backed up on to a hard drive and they were duly copied over. After a few weeks of listening to the ipod on shuffle I noticed that I hadn't heard any R.E.M., when I checked through non of my R.E.M. tracks were there. They are on my old ipod, but not on my external harddrive, not on my new laptop or new lap top.

I can only assume that the digital process isn't perfect and that sometimes songs get lost.

No problems though, I buy all my stuff on CD, so I just went and copied them again - about 20 CDs. Problem is, I have 15,000+ tracks on my ipod - no way could I check that each one is copied :( They are all stored in 6 IKEA Billy CD shelves - that's not including the Smiths/Morrissey stuff which is kept in seperate boxes away from my daughter (a sticky fingered 3 year old).

My itunes says that I have 917 Morrissey songs - I've no idea how many are duplicate or how many are missing and I'm not going to check.

His story is plausible. I'm not saying I believe him, just that it's plausible. ;)

Dave

spot on;), and even if it wasn't what the f***'s it got to do with that other clown?

are you buying me a pint next saturday?

I would if I was going, I'll have to look into getting a ticket by 'unconventional' means.
Worth the price to see you crying into your beer once Pele has finished with ya!!:p

I would if I was going, I'll have to look into getting a ticket by 'unconventional' means.
Worth the price to see you crying into your beer once Pele has finished with ya!!:p

they do bud on draught in the rose in june, so if your down let me know and i'll have a lager with you, or a pink gin:o:D

they do bud on draught in the rose in june, so if your down let me know and i'll have a lager with you, or a pink gin:o:D

Pink Gin, Cheeky f***.
Just coz I'm a Brighton boy doesn't make me a chutney.

If you're born in a stable does it make you a horse? :D

Back
Top Bottom