a simple question (I am a simple man)

zither

do you think It's Not Your Birthday Anymore will take the place of Life Is A Pigsty in this tour?

I'm not sure. Life is a Pigsty is more of a confession, Birthday is an "evil" (quoting Comtesse) lustful song, comparable to Jack the Ripper.

yes but if Pigsty is for sure an Epic song (with capital letters), It's Not Your Birthday Anyome can be pushed to be epic. so my thoughs: 2 epic songs in one set?

maybe yes, maybe not

I imagine there will be a sort of medley -- the past few years have witnessed Moz stringing together such epics as "How Soon is Now?" and "Life is A Pigsty." The intro of "Birthday" is ethereal and musically obscure enough to be a perfect lead in after th' Lads thrash passionately through the end of "Pigsty." :thumb:

I imagine there will be a sort of medley -- the past few years have witnessed Moz stringing together such epics as "How Soon is Now?" and "Life is A Pigsty." The intro of "Birthday" is ethereal and musically obscure enough to be a perfect lead in after th' Lads thrash passionately through the end of "Pigsty." :thumb:

I am hoping not to catch any shit for this but Pigsty is Morrissey's epic power ballad song (if there can be such a thing on a Morrissey album.) It is a grand sweeping song designed to take you one an eight minute journey. To me, it is the "November Rain" of a Morrissey concert.

That is a "good thing."

Could this be what he is planning? Pigsty into Not Your Birthday Anymore? He did change the Pigsty outro from "Auld Lang Syne" to Happy Birthday last summer, was that a clue?

Incidentally, Happy Birthday is not in the public domain, this is why you never hear it on TV. Warner Chappell own it.

Could this be what he is planning? Pigsty into Not Your Birthday Anymore? He did change the Pigsty outro from "Auld Lang Syne" to Happy Birthday last summer, was that a clue?

Incidentally, Happy Birthday is not in the public domain, this is why you never hear it on TV. Warner Chappell own it.

Real Talk...

It's also why no one sings Happy Birthday in a public restaurant when one of your friends announces your "day." TGI Fridays and places like that all stomp out of the kitchen clapping hands singing their own melody.

Real Talk...

It's also why no one sings Happy Birthday in a public restaurant when one of your friends announces your "day." TGI Fridays and places like that all stomp out of the kitchen clapping hands singing their own melody.

:eek: I'VE ALWAYS WONDERED THAT! That actually makes a lot of sense :rolleyes: :lbf:

Pigsty gave me goosebumps live.
It would be great to hear it again...those thunderclaps were great!

Pigsty gave me goosebumps live.
It would be great to hear it again...those thunderclaps were great!

Ah yes! Pigsty at Wireless last summer just as it was getting dark was one of my best Morrissey experiences!

To answer the question though, I don't see too much of a similarity in style or content of the two songs - Birthday is much more pacy and dynamic, Pigsty I would categorise with How Soon Is Now, I'm Not Sorry, Southpaw etc. Definitely room both both in the set! Although I'm not opposed to mixing it up either!

Ah yes! Pigsty at Wireless last summer just as it was getting dark was one of my best Morrissey experiences!

To answer the question though, I don't see too much of a similarity in style or content of the two songs - Birthday is much more pacy and dynamic, Pigsty I would categorise with How Soon Is Now, I'm Not Sorry, Southpaw etc. Definitely room both both in the set! Although I'm not opposed to mixing it up either!

Hmm. See, my logic was that, seeing as the Moz crew has been ending 'Pigsty' sublimely recently, what with Auld Lang Syne, Happy Birthday, etc., and 'Birthday' OPENS sublimely, what with ethereal synthesizer works, a lead-in would be perfect between these two songs. It actually works out quite well and would be very passionate indeed. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom