A quick (possibly stupid) question:

Not-so-Mute Witness

Accidental Thead Killer
At the Indy show, when Moz was singing National Front Disco, why didn't he ever actually *Say* National Front Disco? Does he think we Hoosier Yanks won't be able to grasp the reference or what? Did anyone else notice this/ is this a new trend? J/w. I seem to recall him actually singing the words at the Aragon though, so I dunno.

Thanks ya'll

NSM W

I've heard the two availible boots from this tour and seen the Ann Arbor show and I don't recall him singing the words National Front Disco either.

Not a stupid question at all, you Boilermaker you. ;)

a review I read said he just said "National Front" and not "disco"..either way, I'm just happy the song is in the set!

Many of those reviews are wrong.

I don't know if he has every said the word front... let alone disco.

Maybe at the music festival in Sweden in 1992 before he toured for Your Arsenal... but he did a lot of grunting and silence for that line.

If anyone is going to know this, it is probably Stephane.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't sing the full line on 'Beethoven Was Deaf' so it's hardly a new development!

If my memory is correct he just sings 'The National' and not the 'Front Disco' bit.

Of course I may have remembered completely wrong.

I don't recall him ever completing the line, he usually just grunts it whilst whipping his mike cord, that's what he did in the mid 90s gigs and on the Europe leg of this tour last year too. It's not just Indy!!

I second the above of you all posted.

Does anyone know Morrissey ever sung the line in live?

Thanks for the clarifications/ speculations. I am just so out of the loop! That's why I get for being a relatively new fan...

Back
Top Bottom