A Possible New Song

i'm not necessarily saying that's what it is, i have no idea. that was just the first thing that popped into my head. :p

Don't feel bad at all. I give those that search through those publishing records a lot of credit for the research that they do.

The interesting thing is on the site they list "One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell" and "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" as written by Boz Boorer. Which means, at this point, no Jesse Tobias compositions have been written for the new album. Hooray!

No Jesse Tobias songs to appear on new album?

The list of new Morrissey songs on Warner Chappell showed something rather surprising. There are NO new songs written by Jesse Tobias! The new album at this point looks to be back to the Whyte/Boorer formula.

And seeing as Morrissey said the months ago the album was fully written and waiting to be recorded this looks like a sign that Morrissey learned his lesson after 'Ringleader of the Tormentors'

PS - Contrary to popular belief, both "I'm Throwing My Arms around Paris" and "One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell" are written by Boz Boorer according to Warner Chappell.

Here is the list of all the new songs from the site.

Action Man Morrissey, Steven Patrick (Ca)/ Whyte, Alain Gordon (Ca)
Teresa, Teresa Morrissey, Steven Patrick (Ca)/ Whyte, Alain Gordon (Ca)
My Dearest Love Morrissey, Steven Patrick (Ca)/ Whyte, Alain Gordon (Ca)
When I Was Young Morrissey, Steven Patrick (Ca)/ Whyte, Alain Gordon (Ca)
When Last I Spoke To Carol Morrissey, Steven Patrick (Ca)/ Whyte, Alain Gordon (Ca)
You Were Good In Your Time Morrissey, Steven Patrick (Ca)/ Whyte, Alain Gordon (Ca)
Because Of My Poor Education Morrissey, Steven Patrick (Ca)/ Whyte, Alain Gordon (Ca)
It's Not Your Birthday Anymore Morrissey, Steven Patrick (Ca)/ Whyte, Alain Gordon (Ca)
I Was Bully, Do Not Forget Me Morrissey, Steven Patrick (Ca)/ Whyte, Alain Gordon (Ca)
Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed Morrissey, Steven Patrick (Ca)/ Whyte, Alain Gordon (Ca)
Something Is Squeezing My Skull Morrissey, Steven Patrick (Ca)/ Whyte, Alain Gordon (Ca)
I'm Looking Forward To Going Back Morrissey, Steven Patrick (Ca)/ Whyte, Alain Gordon (Ca)
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris Morrissey, Steven Patrick (Ca)/ Boorer, Martin James (Ca)
One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell Morrissey, Steven Patrick (Ca)/ Boorer, Martin James (Ca)

Alain hasn't been busy touring, his last band broke up a long time ago..so hopefully he spent that time writing some good songs :guitar:

Time will tell I'm sure

i'm sure by now morrissey and his band know many here are not satisfied with the tunes. so yes, time will tell.

In other news...That's How People Grow Up grew on me and now i like it. So yes, many things are possible.

Re: No Jesse Tobias songs to appear on new album?

The list of new Morrissey songs on Warner Chappell showed something rather surprising. There are NO new songs written by Jesse Tobias! The new album at this point looks to be back to the Whyte/Boorer formula.

And seeing as Morrissey said the months ago the album was fully written and waiting to be recorded this looks like a sign that Morrissey learned his lesson after 'Ringleader of the Tormentors'

PS - Contrary to popular belief, both "I'm Throwing My Arms around Paris" and "One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell" are written by Boz Boorer according to Warner Chappell.

Here is the list of all the new songs from the site.

Action Man Morrissey, Steven Patrick (Ca)/ Whyte, Alain Gordon (Ca)
Teresa, Teresa Morrissey, Steven Patrick (Ca)/ Whyte, Alain Gordon (Ca)
My Dearest Love Morrissey, Steven Patrick (Ca)/ Whyte, Alain Gordon (Ca)
When I Was Young Morrissey, Steven Patrick (Ca)/ Whyte, Alain Gordon (Ca)
When Last I Spoke To Carol Morrissey, Steven Patrick (Ca)/ Whyte, Alain Gordon (Ca)
You Were Good In Your Time Morrissey, Steven Patrick (Ca)/ Whyte, Alain Gordon (Ca)
Because Of My Poor Education Morrissey, Steven Patrick (Ca)/ Whyte, Alain Gordon (Ca)
It's Not Your Birthday Anymore Morrissey, Steven Patrick (Ca)/ Whyte, Alain Gordon (Ca)
I Was Bully, Do Not Forget Me Morrissey, Steven Patrick (Ca)/ Whyte, Alain Gordon (Ca)
Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed Morrissey, Steven Patrick (Ca)/ Whyte, Alain Gordon (Ca)
Something Is Squeezing My Skull Morrissey, Steven Patrick (Ca)/ Whyte, Alain Gordon (Ca)
I'm Looking Forward To Going Back Morrissey, Steven Patrick (Ca)/ Whyte, Alain Gordon (Ca)
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris Morrissey, Steven Patrick (Ca)/ Boorer, Martin James (Ca)
One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell Morrissey, Steven Patrick (Ca)/ Boorer, Martin James (Ca)

The way that's set out does look like there are songs called

Action Man Morrissey

and

It's Not Your Birthday Anymore Morrissey

The images both of those titles create in my mind are making me laugh!

I think All You Need is Me and That's How People Grow Up prove that it's Morrissey's contribution that ultimately counts in his songs.

All You Need is Me has got very dull musical backing but Morrissey's contribution turns it into a great song. That's How People Grow Up is much more musically interesting but Morrissey has written a crap song for it.

Hope the songs are as good as their names...

I'm pretty sure that I read that One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell was written by Jesse.

Oh well, we'll eventually find out.

Hope nobody saw that....... :rolleyes::doh:

One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell is written by Boz. http://www.warnerchappell.co.uk/wcmuk/song_search/song_detail/songview.jsp?esongId=883268500

I'm not a big Jesse fan and far as I'm concerned Alain and Boz can write all the material for the new album. Not saying that Jesse shouldn't keep writing, maybe one day he'll prove me wrong.

I ran a poll here, a few weeks back, asking people which of the new songs they preferred. That's How People, Squeezing my skull, Mama, Arms around Paris, One Day Goodbye or All You Need is Me.

The clear winner was 'All You Need is Me' which is written by Jesse, even beating the two new (and very well received) Alain Whyte co-writes.
So, let's not write Jesse off just yet...

Back
Top Bottom