A petition to strip Kewpie of her moderator privileges

Should Kewpie be stripped of her moderator privileges?

• Total voters
for f***s sake NRITH didnt we have this a few weeks back with M23's attack on Kewpie.

Its completely uneccessary and pointless and makes you look childish and pathetic.

Seriously, its a free internet forum about our favourite pop star - you make it out to be the most important thing in the world - its not. Chill out and leave Kewpie alone. She does a great job for no reward and just gets shouted at and bullied and called a c***. People need to grow up and get a life. If you dont like this place and the way its run - leave.

But by that same logic, it wouldn't be that important if there were two threads about the same thing. There is no need for one person to be so uptight and have so much influence on the forum.

I don't see the fact that it is free as having any relevance. Users post content and that's why people visit. We all contribute. The fact that it's free to post your thoughts and opinions, especially if you actually consider what you say and try to make some kind of contribution to the site should not be a factor.

I really don't think that the people that automatically see it as a bullying situation help solve the problem, and there is a problem. I do think that the whole "stripping of powers" is a stupid way to state it, and everyone knows what I think of NRITH. It's unfortunate that he started this thread. But Kewpie needs to chill out for the good of the forum, and I don't see what qualifies her to be a moderator.

most of this "work" she does is exactly what people are protesting.

The main point is it's not Kewpie-solo. One person with a small amount of authority making the absolute most of it is never a good thing.

The whole, "if you don't like it, leave" argument doesn't make sense. If people absolutely did not like it, they wouldn't even bother to try to voice their opinion. If all the people that have some issue with Kewpie left the site would be less fun. I don't think it's your site to tell people to leave it, either, so relax. Nothing is going to happen. Kewpie doesn't care. She'll be back moving and merging and making comments about "mischievous Mexican(s)" and talking about people in private messages and all the rest of it. I'd think that if she truly was concerned about it, she might try to change, but she just gets worse. So relax.

words.gif
words.gif
words.gif

But by that same logic, it wouldn't be that important if there were two threads about the same thing. There is no need for one person to be so uptight and have so much influence on the forum.

I don't see the fact that it is free as having any relevance. Users post content and that's why people visit. We all contribute. The fact that it's free to post your thoughts and opinions, especially if you actually consider what you say and try to make some kind of contribution to the site should not be a factor.

I really don't think that the people that automatically see it as a bullying situation help solve the problem, and there is a problem. I do think that the whole "stripping of powers" is a stupid way to state it, and everyone knows what I think of NRITH. It's unfortunate that he started this thread. But Kewpie needs to chill out for the good of the forum, and I don't see what qualifies her to be a moderator.

most of this "work" she does is exactly what people are protesting.

The main point is it's not Kewpie-solo. One person with a small amount of authority making the absolute most of it is never a good thing.

The whole, "if you don't like it, leave" argument doesn't make sense. If people absolutely did not like it, they wouldn't even bother to try to voice their opinion. If all the people that have some issue with Kewpie left the site would be less fun. I don't think it's your site to tell people to leave it, either, so relax. Nothing is going to happen. Kewpie doesn't care. She'll be back moving and merging and making comments about "mischievous Mexican(s)" and talking about people in private messages and all the rest of it. I'd think that if she truly was concerned about it, she might try to change, but she just gets worse. So relax.

Dave, Kewpie is a real person who moderates this place in her spare time for nothing. I have met her once at the pub a few weeks back - before the Hyde Park gig. We are not friends but i feel bad for her when this stuff keeps coming up - she has been called many things including a c*** on here in the past, there was M23s thread a few weeks back and now this one. Its bullying and i hate it and it must stop.

If a thread gets merged or moved there was probably a good reason for it.

She doesnt get worse or better she is just Kewpie - she isnt perfect but then none of us are - she is a member of this community and we should just accept her for who she is and thank her for what she does. She adds alot to this place helping people find information and making sure the place is tidy and not overrun with the same topics or questions again and again.

I dont know if she is bothered by all the bullying and persecution she is getting but i ask you this - would you be?

I know i would.

Really stop perpetuating the myth of Kewpie-solo. Its obvious Kewpie revels in being a moderator, as arguably she doesn't have much else in her life (I dunno, just judging form the amount of posts and links that even she cannot embed in that photographic memory of hers.)

In fact despite various "disagreements" that I've had (coward, Kewpie's lack of understanding of sarcasm/ irony, etc etc) when she posts links to other threads they're more often than not useful.

I would say she should get out more. Life is very long when you're lonely.

I think Not Right in the Head is Kewpie.

Oh, no. I've met NRITH. No way.

The problems I have with Kewpie are:

• frequently referring to no-longer-active members of the board and treating anyone who has been here less than five years or whatever as a clueless newbie
  • resorting to bizarre and inappropriate personal attacks: "smarmy nugget eater," "nuget eating brat," "silly sausage."
  • constantly squashing new conversations by referring back to years-old threads when the new poster wanted to have a conversation, not just read one
  • sometimes random, and possibly vindictive, thread moving and merging
However, she is always here, and does a decent job of keeping things tidy. There are a couple of moderators I have never even seen on the boards- one, I believe, hasn't even logged in in over a year. Kewpie does the job, she just does it in a bizarre way sometimes.

I think she should stay, but she should look at how her actions and the things she says make other people feel. You don't get a free pass to be rude just because you are the moderator, and you don't get a free pass to be rude because you are not a native English speaker.

People like Kewpie add colour.
They brighten the night and the day.
So the dullards who want her removing.
Want us all to stay boring and grey.

If the boss of this place grants your wishes.
(Which would be such a lofty mistake.)
Then the next thing you know we would all start to go.
And the hearts of the faithfull would ache.

Morrissey Solo has lasted.
'cos no other Moz site can compare.
They've come and they've gone, but there's only been one.
That has stayed in my 'Favourites', I swear.

And the reasons are really quite simple.
If it happens you'll find it on here.
Not on Myspace or some place 'official.'
But on solo, so calm down my dear.

Take a breath and try to imagine.
How this place would be grey and remote.
If Kewpie and characters like her.
Were removed 'cos of some silly vote.

I think Mozzer himself would support her.
He would say "I support her" I know.
Then the next thing he'd do I'm not quite sure, are you?
But it would appear very soon on Solo.

Kewpie, oh Kewpie hold on.
And remember we like what you do.
So if Davidt ignores all the haters.
We promise we'll stay true-to-you.

there should be a way of providing feedback on all moderators, not just Kewpie. they do wield a fair amount of power on the board and, of course, usually do a very good job. I don't know how you become a moderator but, if there's a strong demand, perhaps it should be for a limited period only e.g. 6 or 12 months.

Kewpie has made many useful contributions to discussions I've been involved in. however, she also told me to 'F*** off' when I made a comment which was mildly critical of Moz.
and it is confusing when threads get spliced so much.
you do need threads moderated, but most us haven't got the time or inclination to carry out research into past threads when starting new ones.
if two threads on the same page are about the same thing, I reckon that's a fair reason to merge.

perhaps there should be some basic code of conduct for moderators. using the 'f' word is not generally considered a sign of moderation!

I think this argument would have more credability if it weren't the same (small number of) people every time.
I not on a side, I think the thread merging is annoying, yes, but I can cope with it, but that's not all Kewpie does, she's very efficient at banning returning trolls, which can only be a good thing.

there should be a way of providing feedback on all moderators, not just Kewpie. they do wield a fair amount of power on the board and, of course, usually do a very good job. I don't know how you become a moderator but, if there's a strong demand, perhaps it should be for a limited period only e.g. 6 or 12 months.

Kewpie has made many useful contributions to discussions I've been involved in. however, she also told me to 'F*** off' when I made a comment which was mildly critical of Moz.
and it is confusing when threads get spliced so much.
you do need threads moderated, but most us haven't got the time or inclination to carry out research into past threads when starting new ones.
if two threads on the same page are about the same thing, I reckon that's a fair reason to merge.

perhaps there should be some basic code of conduct for moderators. using the 'f' word is not generally considered a sign of moderation!

Warning, everyone! Common sense attack! :eek: :eek::eek: Evacuate immediately, women and children first!

:p

Dave, Kewpie is a real person who moderates this place in her spare time for nothing. I have met her once at the pub a few weeks back - before the Hyde Park gig. We are not friends but i feel bad for her when this stuff keeps coming up - she has been called many things including a c*** on here in the past, there was M23s thread a few weeks back and now this one. Its bullying and i hate it and it must stop.

If a thread gets merged or moved there was probably a good reason for it.

She doesnt get worse or better she is just Kewpie - she isnt perfect but then none of us are - she is a member of this community and we should just accept her for who she is and thank her for what she does. She adds alot to this place helping people find information and making sure the place is tidy and not overrun with the same topics or questions again and again.

I dont know if she is bothered by all the bullying and persecution she is getting but i ask you this - would you be?

I know i would.

AAARRRGGGGHHH You never stick up for me like this!

Who will join me in getting Paulc banned from this site!!

I believe that Kewpie has overstepped her moderator's rights in the following ways:

• She merges, moves, and splits threads far in excess of what can be considered reasonable. Even other moderators have complained about what appear to be unjustified thread merges. So what if we have 5 threads about the same thing? The dynamic nature of a site like this will inevitably cause some of those threads to gather critical mass, and the others to languish.
  • She denigrates users who ask what she thinks are "stupid" or "unworthy" questions.
  • She resorts to name-calling for no reason whatsoever.
  • She routinely doesn't bother responding to private messages from users she doesn't like, which often forces them to bring up their grievances publicly.

You ARE Not Right In the Head... What do you expect of a usual-moderator? :confused:

People like Kewpie add colour.
They brighten the night and the day.
So the dullards who want her removing.
Want us all to stay boring and grey.

If the boss of this place grants your wishes.
(Which would be such a lofty mistake.)
Then the next thing you know we would all start to go.
And the hearts of the faithfull would ache.

Morrissey Solo has lasted.
'cos no other Moz site can compare.
They've come and they've gone, but there's only been one.
That has stayed in my 'Favourites', I swear.

And the reasons are really quite simple.
If it happens you'll find it on here.
Not on Myspace or some place 'official.'
But on solo, so calm down my dear.

Take a breath and try to imagine.
How this place would be grey and remote.
If Kewpie and characters like her.
Were removed 'cos of some silly vote.

I think Mozzer himself would support her.
He would say "I support her" I know.
Then the next thing he'd do I'm not quite sure, are you?
But it would appear very soon on Solo.

Kewpie, oh Kewpie hold on.
And remember we like what you do.
So if Davidt ignores all the haters.
We promise we'll stay true-to-you.

I like this :)

Tags
ban her burn the witch c.j. rules okay end the tranny!..waitwut end the tyranny! fag hags get a life gotcha had enough help! help! him vs nrith i have no legs no one has dieded reject all leaders! wah wah wah we're being repressed! whining bores zzzzz
Back
Top Bottom