"A history of Morrissey insults and non-apologies" - Washington Post pop music blog

An anonymous person sends the link:

A history of Morrissey insults and non-apologies

"Morrissey steps in it with great regularity, usually following up his controversial remarks with statements that are meant to clarify but basically just make everything worse. We've compiled some of his recent gaffes, in order of awfulness."

- Allison Stewart, Washington Post pop music blog, 8/3/11

Last edited:
Typical mainstream/right-wing slag.

The "British citizens" portion of the article has nothing to do with racism and anyone familiar with Morrissey's music career would be able to see that he has always longed for a return to a Britain that was unique and didn't have American corporations operating all over the place. Which is completely understandable.

Overall, this article is garbage but what can you really expect from the Washington Post?

Perhaps but in light of these outbursts isn't his horror at gripes about his lead guitarist and recent songs on this website a little rich? I know he's in love with himself but if you spend your life mocking others, you can hardly complain when others mock you a little.

I watched a video on peta.org today. The so called most insulting comments of Morrissey on Chinese and on Norway made sense, while I was watching the video. He may use very strong language and his timing may be wrong, but he made me be more concerned about the abuse of animals. The murders of the freaking Norwegian Nazi are ( OF COURSE) condemnable and horrific. But let's keep an eye to the everyday torturing of animals too ! It is reasonable for a man to feel that way about the millions of slaughters that occur every day. I did, during the video. The thing is : What do people and journalists do about this huge deal, except from cursing Morrissey ?

Re: Article: "A history of Morrissey insults and non-apologies" - Washington Post pop

I watched a video on peta.org today. The so called most insulting comments of Morrissey on Chinese and on Norway made sense, while I was watching the video. He may use very strong language and his timing may be wrong, but he made me be more concerned about the abuse of animals. The murders of the freaking Norwegian Nazi are ( OF COURSE) condemnable and horrific. But let's keep an eye to the everyday torturing of animals too ! It is reasonable for a man to feel that way about the millions of slaughters that occur every day. I did, during the video. The thing is : What do people and journalists do about this huge deal, except from cursing Morrissey ?

Nazi?
Oh dear, another one who never read the manifest or checked the background. So a sionist man is now a nazi?
What next, a lebanese jew?

Re: Article: "A history of Morrissey insults and non-apologies" - Washington Post pop

I watched a video on peta.org today. The so called most insulting comments of Morrissey on Chinese and on Norway made sense, while I was watching the video.

If his comments "made sense" to you, you too must be a racist prick. Go you.

I used the word "nazi" on purpose. In fact, I said "freaking Nazi", intentionally, because of his beliefs. I am sorry for my endeavour to exaggerate, mr anonymous. I will try to be exact and simple, from now on.

If his comments "made sense" to you, you too must be a racist prick. Go you.

I am not. But the thought that animals are killed every day, alla over the world, in unforgettable ways makes me want to act. I couldn't act with the killer of Norway. He is the racist prick. I try to stand for humans's right to live and animals' right to live and die in a civilized way

Last edited:

I am not. But the thought that animals are killed every day, alla over the world, in unforgettable ways makes me want to act.

That's all very well, but it doesn't entitle you to condemn an entire ethnic group as less than human. Doing that sort of thing (or agreeing with someone who does that sort of thing) will quickly earn you a reputation as a racist.

I do not agree. I just understood it and felt the same way for just a moment. Maybe Morrissey is immature. Maybe he exaggerated in order to make his point. The thing I do not stand is to hear "Morrissey is a racist prick" all the time on a page where we are supposed to like him.

I used the word "nazi" on purpose. In fact, I said "freaking Nazi", intentionally, because of his beliefs. I am sorry for my endeavour to exaggerate, mr anonymous. I will try to be exact and simple, from now on.

It is simply not ok to call someone a nazi or a racist if that person is not that. One should always call people by their right name and what you did was lazy and stupid. Mixing non-nazis with real nazis will only cloud things over and the man in Norway was pro-Israel. He did contact nazis but they rejected him as a weirdo and this goes to show how disturbed the man was. To me he mixed a lot of views and feelings together and that clouded his judgement. It is people like you who shout nazi and racist as soon as something happens that drive some people to becoming it for real as they hate people like you. They have my sympathies.

I do not agree. I just understood it and felt the same way for just a moment. Maybe Morrissey is immature. Maybe he exaggerated in order to make his point. The thing I do not stand is to hear "Morrissey is a racist prick" all the time on a page where we are supposed to like him.

He is a racist prick. You can't try to dress up his racism as "immaturity". He's in his 50s for God's sake.

He is a racist prick. You can't try to dress up his racism as "immaturity". He's in his 50s for God's sake.

You may not be racist, but your certainly a prick.

That's all very well, but it doesn't entitle you to condemn an entire ethnic group as less than human. Doing that sort of thing (or agreeing with someone who does that sort of thing) will quickly earn you a reputation as a racist.

The second biggest democratic party in Norway is islamophobic/racist, the murderer shared many of their views. This is a problem within the society that Norway has to deal with. This is the real problem. To turn hatred towards Morrissey, vegetarianism and the rest of the world is out of focus Look yourself in the mirror please if you dare?! It is certainly needed. Make progress in your own internal fishy racist patriotic tendencies in Norway - before being this righteous and holy. Please.

The second biggest democratic party in Norway is islamophobic/racist, the murderer shared many of their views. This is a problem within the society that Norway has to deal with. This is the real problem. To turn hatred towards Morrissey, vegetarianism and the rest of the world is out of focus Look yourself in the mirror please if you dare?! It is certainly needed. Make progress in your own internal fishy racist patriotic tendencies in Norway - before being this righteous and holy. Please.

I always imagine you crying every time you type this into your keyboard.

"ooh I don't want

To be judged anymore

I don't want to be judged

I would sooner be loved

I would sooner be

Just blindly loved ..."

Morrissey

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom