a-ha farewell tour in the USA May 2010

moz'art girl

oh la la
Hello,

if by chance some people want to see a-ha live in The States in 2010, it is time to buy tickets!!!:love: It will be the only chance to see them, because they will split on december.:tantrum:
They are not extremely bold, as they visit New York and Los Angeles only.:sick:
The 1st show in Los Angeles is already sold out (within a day I think), so another show has been added there.

If you want to see the guys Morrissey saw live in 1986, and the band Morrissey liked "a big deal" in the 80s (and maybe stil now, who knows), go there...:cool:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/AHa-tickets/artist/734379?tm_link=edp_Artist_Name

a-ha-tournee-d-adieu-2010.jpg

That's sad somehow, the finality of it. (Well, as final as a "farewell tour" can be. :)) I hope they have something else enjoyable lined up to keep them occupied after.

That's sad somehow, the finality of it. (Well, as final as a "farewell tour" can be. :)) I hope they have something else enjoyable lined up to keep them occupied after.

Yes, Magne F teams with a guy from Coldplay and from Mew, in their new band Aparatjik, (They have just released an album...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdzJnLe5vtU
and he is an artist (he has many exhibitions, and has the same gallerist in London than Damian Hirst; he has sold paintings to Queen Sonia of Norway), so no doubt he will be very busy.

Paul will go on with his band Savoy (I am sad for him cause he was the force behind a-ha, and he wanted to go on).

Morten will release solo albums.

Last edited:
Hi all - newbie here. I'm looking forward to both a-ha L.A. shows in May!

I wanted to share with you all a couple events planned around the concerts. Would be great to mix and mingle with fellow fans! We also plan to show rare interview and concert footage of the band as well as music, of course.

Check out the plans here: www.a-ha.us :thumb:

Pre-concert gathering near Club Nokia at 'J Lounge' beginning at 4pm, you can RSVP to me: Lisa

Post-concert party at 'The Highlands' in Hollywood: Tickets in advance at a-ha.us site

Should be a great night of music and celebrating this amazing band! :guitar:

~ L

If you like Sondre Lerche, he is very happy to announce he will open for a-ha for the New York concerts on may 6, 7 and 8th.

http://www.sondrelerche.com/2010/04/living-a-boys-adventure-tale/
If someone is interested.

LIVING A BOY’S ADVENTURE TALE
Monday, April 26, 2010
By Sondre Lerche

"I’m excited to announce that I’ll be doing three special appearances opening for my childhood heroes A-ha when they play the Nokia Theater on Times Square in New York, the city where I live. This is part of their farewell tour so it’ll be the very last chance to see them off.

I opened for A-ha in Norway in 2002 after my debut album had become somewhat of a success there. It was the wildest case of impossible dreams coming true ever.

You see, as a kid I was psychotically obsessed with A-ha, to an extent that I’m sure at times worried my family. Needless to say it would have blown my 9-year-old-self’s mind if somebody had told him back then that once he turned 19 he’d be asked to share stage with A-ha, not just as a fan but as an artist in his own right.

Since that crazy gig in Oslo, my life has only gotten increasingly absurd. A couple of months later something happened that I hadn’t even dared dream of: the Faces Down album had been picked up for release in North America. And ever since, I’ve been spending more and more time here with my amazing audience. So much, in fact, that I now live in Brooklyn and pay US taxes.

A-ha’s shy guitar player, Paul Waaktaar-Savoy, is a longtime New York resident who I’ve been lucky enough to become good friends with through the last few years. Although I hope he doesn’t read this, he is well aware of my long time obsession with his band and he handles it with utter grace.

I should stress that I did stop dressing like Morten Harket at 15, around the same time I started finding my own voice and quit imitating his (as if that’s possible). Once you get to be a songwriter and artist full time there’s naturally less time for fandom and as such I am relieved to say I am but a pale shadow of the fan I used to be. Not because I don’t appreciate their music anymore (it lives with me forever) but simply because I’ve had my hands full with my own songs and influences beyond A-ha. I guess it’s only healthy.

People sometime ask me to specify A-ha’s influence on my albums and song because they can’t quite hear it. I don’t know if can point it out either. But it’s there simply because A-ha was my first music love (up yours Beatles! Stones! Dylan! _______! (fill in your own politically correct music influence giant)).

So now as A-ha have decided to call it quits, I’m quite thrilled that I’ll be there with the fans in New York City, with Paul, Morten and Mags, but also alone on their stage doing what I do as I thank them and say goodbye.

Weird isn’t it?"
SL

100505102817913145.jpg

a-ha are rehearsing for tomorrow show.
nobody cares, but that is all right.:cool:

Is this their first farewell tour?

I love a-ha, but I find it kind of funny that the "Farewell Tour" is their first US Tour in twenty years.

The tickets for the final final show are mad £:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/A-HA-TOUR-2-X...&pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item1e5ba9d0c6
But what a show it will be so I may shell out.

Does anyone know if they are going to open up new dates?
Well, if you talk about Oslo, there won't be more concerts in Oslo in december. If you want a ticket for the final show, good luck,:eek: it has been sold out extremely quickly.
But a-ha are doing concerts in august and september in Norway, in stadiums. They have already sold many tickets.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Last edited:
is that a wheelchair ramp so the old geezers can get up to the stage?

A-Ha ha ha ha
ah ah ah , no, it is an access for the fans who are eager to kiss the newbies of a-ha...:lbf:

Hi all - newbie here. I'm looking forward to both a-ha L.A. shows in May!

I wanted to share with you all a couple events planned around the concerts. Would be great to mix and mingle with fellow fans! We also plan to show rare interview and concert footage of the band as well as music, of course.

Check out the plans here: www.a-ha.us :thumb:

Pre-concert gathering near Club Nokia at 'J Lounge' beginning at 4pm, you can RSVP to me: Lisa

Post-concert party at 'The Highlands' in Hollywood: Tickets in advance at a-ha.us site

Should be a great night of music and celebrating this amazing band! :guitar:

~ L

This A-ha website is so well organized, about the shows, meet up's before and after. It would be nice if there was a site like this on the next Moz tour. (if there is one) :pray:

This A-ha website is so well organized, about the shows, meet up's before and after. It would be nice if there was a site like this on the next Moz tour. (if there is one) :pray:
I think you are not evoking a-ha.com.:sick:
What about morrissey.solo? It is a good site too, isn't it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom