"A dreaded sunny day – A tribute to The Smiths" - 18 track compilation

A Portuguese site featuring links to an 18 track compilation of Smiths covers.
It links to Bandcamp and there is no minimum price to download it.
Some interesting versions.

VA: A Dreaded Sunny Day – A Tribute To The Smiths (2015) - PEQUENOS CLÁSSICOS PERDIDOS

A dreaded sunny day – A tribute to The Smiths nasceu de uma parceria entre Renato Malizia, comandante da nave barulhenta chamada The Blog That Celebrates Itself Records, e Dimitry Uziel, seu parceiro de longa data e homem à frente da novíssima Bunny Records, braço artístico do site Bunny House.

Or:

VA - A Dreaded Sunny Day - A Tribute to The Smiths - The Blog That Celebrates Itself Records

Tracklist:

1. The Us - How Soon Is Now 07:04
2. Sister Mystery - Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me 03:24
3. Commuted - This Charming Man 03:58
4. Low & Low - Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others 02:38
5. Excusers - Well, I Wonder 04:13
6. Gravitacional - I Know It´s Over 05:11
7. Lur Lur - Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want 03:08
8. Tanks and Tears - Sweet and Tender Hooligan 03:37
9. Minuit Machine - How Soon Is Now 03:52
10. Spatial Relation - What Difference Does It Make 03:27
11. Elastic Sleep - Still Ill 03:20
12. Robsongs - Death Of A Disco Dancer 06:05
13. Great Black Night - Asleep 04:18
14. The Junkyard Liberty - Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want 02:21
15. Box and The Twins - Half a Person 04:07
16. Miami Tiger - Bigmouth Strikes Again 03:10
17. Clowder - Well, I Wonder 06:19
18. Silent Carnival - Meat is Murder 04:06

a0828112572_10.jpg

Attachments

• a0828112572_16.jpg
    a0828112572_16.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 749
Last edited by a moderator:
I much preferred 'Bernad Manning sings The Smiths'
I have a couple of vinyl copies that Bernard signed for me. I found all my Smiths/Moz collection the other week clearing the attic I've got a few boxes full of ultra rare stuff some of it signed, I was gonna flog it all but might wait till he's in his box as that will push up the value.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

A Portuguese site featuring links to an 18 track compilation of Smiths covers.
It links to Bandcamp and there is no minimum price to download it.
Some interesting versions.
Enjoy,
FWD
http://pequenosclassicosperdidos.co...eaded-sunny-day-a-tribute-to-the-smiths-2015/
Or:
http://theblogthatcelebratesitself.bandcamp.com/album/va-a-dreaded-sunny-day-a-tribute-to-the-smiths

attachment.php

Thanks, FWD, for the link. Love the cover. I've always liked that picture of Wilde. I'm listening to Well, I Wonder at the moment as Skinny said it was a good cover, and it's taking me back to the age of 17 when I had black hair, wore long velvet dresses and combat boots. Might have liked it then, but it doesn't do much for me now.

Haven't listened to the rest of it yet. Hopefully it gets better.

(I see there are two versions of WIW, sorry. I was listening to the Clowder version. The Excusers version is nice...)

Last edited:
I'm now convinced I need an ear transplant after listening to that.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

as marred, I ask myself, how many tribute albums are there, and will come,
we had 6 weeks ago, 'Tease Torment and Tantalise

Loks like new bands like to part to tribute to a influenial band to get more PR, and listeners
haven't heard any of the songs, but I'm bit done with tribute albums this mourning :(

'and they say he's mentall'...mayybe time to do a Morrissey tribute album...

How many of these damn tribute albums are there?

Quite a lot, I'm afraid. Shows that the church of Moz is a broad one - but also that no-one can hold a candle to him as a vocalist.

Mixed bag this, as with most "fan" tribute albums. (And "professional artists" ones such like Smiths Is Dead, come to think of it.)

Liked one or two songs on this, as with that recent French one. The first HSIN is at least off the beaten path :)

I agree there's an inordinate amount, but there have been some gems in amongst the glut.
I have enjoyed the classical music takes on The Smiths and even some of the way out ambient stuff. I understand why bands do it and I can't blame them for doing so. If a couple at a time out of say 20 entertain me, then I'm happy.
Regards,
FWD

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom