a doubt about a RUSH and a PUSH and the land its ours

Edgar Rivera

Hello, this is my first Thread ever in the forum, but a mozz fan for a long time :), the song a rush and a push and the land is ours is one of my favorites but i cant understand the meaning of ' i think i'm in LERV' could it be an England phrase or something?, or a mispronunciation by the disgust of getting in love?, i will appreciate the answers thanks

Hello, this is my first Thread ever in the forum, but a mozz fan for a long time :), the song a rush and a push and the land is ours is one of my favorites but i cant understand the meaning of ' i think i'm in LERV' could it be an England phrase or something?, or a mispronunciation by the disgust of getting in love?, i will appreciate the answers thanks

Most likely answer: it's a British pronunciation thing.

Boring symbolic answer:

He says "Urrgh, I think I'm in lerv". He says he thinks he's in a place called LERV. It's code. He's a character in the LoVER card in tarot, but not just any character, an original character. The deck was drawn for him in a way. (Tarot is a teaching tool of very old pictograms, not strictly for reading fortunes and parlor games.)

So here's the card:

tumblr_lb00w2EZe11qd7ygho1_400.jpg

In Chapter 9 of Oswald Wirth's book The Tarot of the Magicians, OW writes of the lover card seen in the light of hermetic philosophy:

(The Lover, the two paths or the young Hercules choosing his career.) Two diverging paths lead to the dignity of the great master, one is dry, the other humid. The first is rational and the second is emotional, for the gold of the philosphers can be obtained either through the nature of the intelligence and the acquisition of knowledge profoundly understood, or through the sincerity of a love confident, trusting, which follows completely the dictates of the heart. According to the natural aptitude of the operator, he goes boldly into the work either as a philosopher anxious to realize the ideal which he concieves, or as a mystic aspiring to conform to Divine intentions. The Philosopher's Stone is the attribute of both the successful Wise man and the true saint.

So in the song he claims to be a ghost. His dad is like, "Son, you gotta pick one." It's a lament that he has to sort out whether he's humid or dry himself and find COSMICALLY his complimentary mate who will be the humid to his dry and dry to his humid. He says he;s in the lover card because he has chosen that path, not an easy one. The dilemma is he has to be both a philosopher, a mystic as does his mate and he can't go nuts in the process. In short, he's saying he's in this card, he's the armoured one AND one of the ladies, his complimentary androgyne. Man can't achieve the philospher's stone alone. Blah, blah, blah.

wooow thanks for the answer, yeah most likely the first one, but that was illustrative, i did not know any of that, and its really interesting also i would like to believe that it's the second one, and knowing his pragmatic lyrics and the way of catching the whole situation and character and getting them as a metaphor for his situation are well know on his lyrics, like his way of describing (like oscar wilde), thanks for the info

wooow thanks for the answer, yeah most likely the first one, but that was illustrative, i did not know any of that, and its really interesting also i would like to believe that it's the second one, and knowing his pragmatic lyrics and the way of catching the whole situation and character and getting them as a metaphor for his situation are well know on his lyrics, like his way of describing (like oscar wilde), thanks for the info

Do I think he sat down and thought "Hmmmmmm. I'm going to work an anagram of a tarot card minus a letter into my lyric."? No. That's the spirit that haunts him working. But I do think that much of his catalog is a dialogue between himself and his mystical lover on the same path.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!

that's the biggest load of psychobabble i've ever read!! LOL

Are you being facetious, darling? I sure hope so!!!!!!!

If not, no wonder it's been about 5 years since you've gotten it in!
(just go buy a rabbit!)

In short, I think Morrissey is no stranger to the mystical time zone. :p Speaking of time zones, I wonder which one he's in? Is it lunch time in my brain? :D Because I can't seem to sleep!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!

that's the biggest load of psychobabble i've ever read!! LOL

Are you being facetious, darling? I sure hope so!!!!!!!

If not, no wonder it's been about 5 years since you've gotten it in!
(just go buy a rabbit!)

Hey, I'll be in Santa Monica on Friday. Wanna have lunch? You can tell me all about your retail therapy while I give you a lecture about the misconceptions of Hermes Trismagistus. :straightface:

Hey, I'll be in Santa Monica on Friday. Wanna have lunch? You can tell me all about your retail therapy while I give you a lecture about the misconceptions of Hermes Trismagistus. :straightface:
If you do have lunch make sure you order the most expensive items and she pays!

For my two cents, it's probably just Morrisseyspeak.

But...it's interesting to note that in Annie Hall, while Woody is courting Annie, he says, "I love you..no, love is too weak a word. I lerv you."

And a couple of years later, in his 1980 classic Manhattan, at the very end when the teenage chick that he dumped is leaving for London and he is begging her not to go, she tells him she'll be back in six months.

His response? "Six months is a long time."

And it's not like Morrissey is against cribbing from 70s cinema, and God knows the thematic motifs between Allen and Morrissey are plentiful.

So, yeah, just throwing that out there.

Did you watch Conan the other night when Seth Macfarlin was on? It was hilarious for a number of reasons, but one of them was he pulled a lady named Jamie out of the audience and they made a Christmas card together (thought of Moz, though she didn't appear mentally ill. :p) and in the card they posed for a picture next to a tree and Woody Allen's head was the star on top. I realize this is totally off topic but I thought you'd appreciate being a fan of his. :D Good eye, skylarker.

You know, I think I'd rather believe the crazy cooky theory that Morrissey writes songs using tarot cards as inspiration rather than films and books.

That explains Quija Board! OMG it's a sign!!!!!!!!!!!

:lbf: LOL

"Lerv" is actually ancient Celtic for "one who prances and sings without a record contract." Funny how back then he was only joking...

"Lerv" is actually ancient Celtic for "one who prances and sings without a record contract." Funny how back then he was only joking...
Hey Sparkleboy, honestly this not an attack on you, just a question. Tell me, do you actually like Morrissey or his music?

You know, I think I'd rather believe the crazy cooky theory that Morrissey writes songs using tarot cards as inspiration rather than films and books.

That explains Quija Board! OMG it's a sign!!!!!!!!!!!

:lbf: LOL

I said very specifically he does not do this.

Do I think he sat down and thought "Hmmmmmm. I'm going to work an anagram of a tarot card minus a letter into my lyric."? No. That's the spirit that haunts him working. But I do think that much of his catalog is a dialogue between himself and his mystical lover on the same path.

No, what you actually said is even more stupid and an even bigger indication of how batshit crazy you are.

Look, we get it. Some insane "mentor" has enabled your mental illness and "trained" you and encouraged you to see signs in everything Morrissey says and does which are linked to Greek and Egyptian mythology and tarot cards and which point to him having the gnostic divine spark within him. The thing is, you don't actually seem to undestand Greek and Egyptian mythology or gnosticism, you just twist random wikipedia'd ideas to fit what the voices in your head tell you to believe. You are basically a creationist trying to use the Bible to prove that the Earth is 6000 years old. It's boring and if you ever wonder what happened to your precious Morrissey-solo just look at your own posts and maybe you'll get an idea of why no one wants to be here.

No, what you actually said is even more stupid and an even bigger indication of how batshit crazy you are.

Look, we get it. Some insane "mentor" has enabled your mental illness and "trained" you and encouraged you to see signs in everything Morrissey says and does which are linked to Greek and Egyptian mythology and tarot cards and which point to him having the gnostic divine spark within him. The thing is, you don't actually seem to undestand Greek and Egyptian mythology or gnosticism, you just twist random wikipedia'd ideas to fit what the voices in your head tell you to believe. You are basically a creationist trying to use the Bible to prove that the Earth is 6000 years old. It's boring and if you ever wonder what happened to your precious Morrissey-solo just look at your own posts and maybe you'll get an idea of why no one wants to be here.

Okay.

It's boring and if you ever wonder what happened to your precious Morrissey-solo just look at your own posts and maybe you'll get an idea of why no one wants to be here.
Actually Juno, if you look back on CG's posts you see witty, open, friendly comments. What you do not see are gratuitous insults. Why would you want to post what you did? People across the world have many varying interests and points of view. The trick is acceptance and an attempt to assimulate others ideas into your own. Her short response to your post shames you.

i agree with you, to be honest i been surfing the forum and i've seen some nice comments and interesting people/fans and that should be the reason of this site people who want to hear/share opinions and some rare tracks :p of smiths/mozz but i've also seen some very rude comments and there's no reason for that, i mean why, everyone wants to be a critic but some attemps to do so are just pathetic, i open this for some ideas or answers to my main doubt and what CrystalGeezer posted as i said it might not be the answer, but it sure is interesting and chaotic a term that i love and put some irony and woow, well i'm getting out of topic here, the point is and i might no achieve anything by telling this, but really if you're not going to give something to the cause, then dont even bother and GTFO, that's how the existentialism does it how the pragmaticism apply's it and it works fine the point its that if youre here you should give something more than just a shallow oppinion that not even you respect, by the other hand the serious comments here were once again very interesting and thanks! XD

Thanks for you support, guys. I'm not sure what Juno aims to accomplish exactly. I tuck my original ideas away in their own thread in the pigsty. When I respond to someone with a non-traditional thought I make an attempt to hide it in spoiler tags. I'm not trying to be a dick all up in everyones face about it. Do you want me to go away? Do you want me to just have normal ideas? I don't know how to please you exactly. Is it a feather in your sane cap that Morrissey wasn't particularly stirred by any of my local shows that I physically attended, proof I'm spinning my stupid wheels? What do you want? What the f*** is your problem with me exactly?

Tags
doubt morrissey the smiths
Back
Top Bottom