a critique of morrissey in relation to november spawned a monster

• Thread starter constantin constantius
  • Start date
Re: do we know?? "YOU'RE THE DEVIL IN DISGUISE"

People with 'unseen' disabilities often suffer from the ignorance of others moreso than the 'seen'. Their "odd behaviour" is put down as scary and something bad wrong with them...ie, Van Gogh was (and still is by many) seen to have been a steaming nutcase...the man had temperal lobe epilepsy for Christs sandles!

We avoid the 'seemingly' strange but is that really so wise?

"We think we can spot lunacy, that a maniac with uncontrollable urges to kill will be unable to contain himself. On the bus, in the street, it is the mentally ill we avoid, sidestepping the disheveled, unshaven man who rants on over some private outrage. Yet if you intend to avoid the path of a serial killer, your best strategy is to sidestep the charming, the impeccably dressed, polite individual."
(What Makes Serial Killers Tick?
by Shirley Lynn Scott)

A personal hate of mine is the misrepresentation of Schizophrenics, urrrrrrrrrrrrr to long to go into, but I will say, fear is an emotion felt by schizophrenics, it is not one that should be felt about sufferers of this illness!

Re: X or BTVS?!

> I seriously depresses me to read that....
> Not because of the truth in it but because it makes me realise
> that this is one episode of the xfiles that I never saw :-(

X-Files is good...but Buffy's better!

Take that slayer back to the library and give her a kiss!

: )

Re: do we know??

> I don't have pity for handicapped or suffering simply because I
> think they don't need it and, most importantly, they don't want
> it! I find that people who have to stand up to those tests often
> have so much more strength and dignity than others. Those who
> are "okay" physically and mentally often take life for
> granted... I feel sorry though for those who have self-pity
> (handicapped or "healthy") because that's about the
> worst disease there is to deal with....

yes, i agree, one should not show pity for someone simply because there handicapped or suffering, and again i would agree with you that they don't want it. but want they do want is to be loved, to find someone who will love them sexually, and this is what the world cannot give them. and i don't think any human alive would be able to see past the surface of someone like the child in NSM. and when confronted by someone like her, dosen't the line between pity and our normal feelings for other people suddenly become confused?

in relation to morrissey's songs about love and recongnition, aren't they all about self-pity?

Re: X or BTVS?!

> X-Files is good...but Buffy's better!

> Take that slayer back to the library and give her a kiss!

> : )

I've heard that ringing but out here in tv wasteland (a remote part of central Europe) it's not ON!!!! But even if it was there's no no way I will ever believe that it's better than the x-files.....
Are you one of those people that likes KitKat more than Lion aswell? That would explain it....;-)

Re: do we know??

> yes, i agree, one should not show pity for someone simply
> because there handicapped or suffering, and again i would agree
> with you that they don't want it. but want they do want is to be
> loved, to find someone who will love them sexually, and this is
> what the world cannot give them.

Not 100% true...have you not heard about this American woman who has no legs or infact no lower body, yet she's married to a healthy young man with all extremeties and they even have a child together? Ok, this is just one example and maybe it doesn't serve to disprove your theory in general....I'm just saying it's possible.

and i don't think any human
> alive would be able to see past the surface of someone like the
> child in NSM. and when confronted by someone like her, dosen't
> the line between pity and our normal feelings for other people
> suddenly become confused?

> in relation to morrissey's songs about love and recongnition,
> aren't they all about self-pity?

Yes they are, and if you look closely into some earlier posts of mine you'll find that I'm not totally uncritical towards him. But that's what he's about and that's what makes him shine in his own right and special to so many people....

Re: Well...

Laughing, I don't have either being a vegan an' all, but such a fundamental issue must be addressed where possible; sooooo, looking back to my dairy days and comparing memories I have of the two bars of chocolaty goodness you mention, all I can say is: WHAT KIND OF A PERVERT WOULD OPT FOR A KITKAT OVER A LION BAR - (WHAT KIND OF CREATURE DO YOU THINK I AM)???!!!!!

Ah - I condole you - NO BUFFY... trust me! Plus with Buffy you get regular dolopings of this to boot...

angel-5lg.jpg

Re: Oh and lets not forget...

Anthony Stuart Head...Gold Blend anyone?

Re: Oh and lets not forget...

> Anthony Stuart Head...Gold Blend anyone?

Ok so who's he?? (Sorry, I told you......) Anyways - ooookay, if it ever comes on I'll consider watching it. Once. Maybe twice.
And no I don't know anyone who would chose a KitKat over a Lion. But when I was little my Mum used to tell me that there were people in this world who would do that....that was every Sunday after we'd been to church.

Re: buiscuit or tool of darkness?

> Ok so who's he??

He's a British actor who was in this series of coffee adverts a couple of years back, that loads of people got obsessed with...laughing at the mentality, they even brought out a Jackie Collins type novel about the couple and would advertise before a new advert in the series was gonna be on!

Yes well evil does abound, the kitkat brigade draw you in and before you know it you are wearing robes, sacrificing chickens, worshiping Beelzibub and eating three kitkats a day...how scary is THAT?!

Re: do we know?? "YOU'RE THE DEVIL IN DISGUISE"

> People with 'unseen' disabilities often suffer from the
> ignorance of others moreso than the 'seen'. Their "odd
> behaviour" is put down as scary and something bad wrong
> with them...ie, Van Gogh was (and still is by many) seen to have
> been a steaming nutcase...the man had temperal lobe epilepsy for
> Christs sandles!

> We avoid the 'seemingly' strange but is that really so wise?

> "We think we can spot lunacy, that a maniac with
> uncontrollable urges to kill will be unable to contain himself.
> On the bus, in the street, it is the mentally ill we avoid,
> sidestepping the disheveled, unshaven man who rants on over some
> private outrage. Yet if you intend to avoid the path of a serial
> killer, your best strategy is to sidestep the charming, the
> impeccably dressed, polite individual."
> (What Makes Serial Killers Tick?
> by Shirley Lynn Scott)

> A personal hate of mine is the misrepresentation of
> Schizophrenics, urrrrrrrrrrrrr to long to go into, but I will
> say, fear is an emotion felt by schizophrenics, it is not one
> that should be felt about sufferers of this illness!

I can see that Shirley Lynn S. understands nothing about Van Gogh, and YOU understand nothing about human nature or "real good art", so please dear, go to bed, cause your mama is bored just for hearing your voice... Oh !!!... And take your books and your diary, cause you often have so much to learn and so much words to write. The only trouble is... "You never learn"...

> you criticize cinderella and greasetea, but what else do you
> expect from a pair of dumb blondes - philoshophy?! i don't think
> so.

In your philosophy you have inspired my respect in many ways, but when you make sexist comments it deeply disturbs me. If you want to attack them (Greasetea and whomever else) thats one thing, but to just make jokes about women is another. Disappointing.

> In your philosophy you have inspired my respect in many ways,
> but when you make sexist comments it deeply disturbs me. If you
> want to attack them (Greasetea and whomever else) thats one
> thing, but to just make jokes about women is another.
> Disappointing.

I feel the same. Well, Attacking people is a horrible thing, but when she... he... "God only knows"... said a stupid thing about Van Gogh,... I think I've lost my mind.

> Yes well evil does abound, the kitkat brigade draw you in and
> before you know it you are wearing robes, sacrificing chickens,
> worshiping Beelzibub and eating three kitkats a day...how scary
> is THAT?!

Well I guess they would, but THEN you know - I never met any of those people! I checked all chocolate fractions operating worldwide but they turned out to be only a legend....So I just stopped going to church at some point because I figured that maybe everything else they taught me there was a lie aswell!! And I still don't speak to my Mum.... For the record I'll be appearing on the Jerry Springer show next week - the subject is "The KitKat brigade destroyed my life - Today I pay the world back"

Re: A-hem...

You seem to be rather confused as to my point. Why should S.L. Scott understand van gogh?..she's an expert in criminal psychology! And besides, I was DEFENDING van gogh.

Re: Look Love!

> I feel the same. Well, Attacking people is a horrible thing, but
> when she... he... "God only knows"... said a stupid
> thing about Van Gogh,... I think I've lost my mind.

Can you tell me exactly what is stupid about stating that Van Gogh is known to have had a severe form of epilepsy? And that this is not only what led many to believe he was "mad" but is what allowed him to view the world in the way he did and thus create such amazing pieces of work?!

Cool...can I come along and throw broken biscuits at you?!

Re: Look Love!

> Can you tell me exactly what is stupid about stating that Van
> Gogh is known to have had a severe form of epilepsy? And that
> this is not only what led many to believe he was "mad"
> but is what allowed him to view the world in the way he did and
> thus create such amazing pieces of work?!

You should learn more about Van Gogh. I've made a research about him, when I was still in School of Fine Arts, and in fact, I read every single line about him during 3 years, so don't come with nonsense theories about him !!!!!!!!!! If I was rude with you, sorry. Besides, that's not my nature, but please... think before saying things...

Re: A-hem...

> You seem to be rather confused as to my point. Why should S.L.
> Scott understand van gogh?..she's an expert in criminal
> psychology! And besides, I was DEFENDING van gogh.

A-hem WHAT ??? First learn about him, "baby". And feed the snakes in your hair, MEDUSA, or they will bite you (sooner or later)... You make me say things I don't want to say.

> Cool...can I come along and throw broken biscuits at you?!

Well yeah you can - but at your own risk you know, cause I'M GONNA PAY THE WORLD BACK....

And now the joke is finally dead....geez.... Oh yeah - by the way I was wrong, Buffy's on on Sunday afternoons :)

Back
Top Bottom