A Chance To Shine...

majic_johnson

I've just been offered 4 issues of the moz fanzine 'a chance to shine'
for £6 all together, which i think is a good deal.
The seller has described them to me as 'New condition'
To say these fanzines were back in the 90's, could this be an indication that these are 'copies' of the originals or am i being too paranoid about people ripping me off?

Cheeerrrs in advance :thumb:

I've just been offered 4 issues of the moz fanzine 'a chance to shine'
for £6 all together, which i think is a good deal.
The seller has described them to me as 'New condition'
To say these fanzines were back in the 90's, could this be an indication that these are 'copies' of the originals or am i being too paranoid about people ripping me off?

Cheeerrrs in advance :thumb:

Take them. That's good.

Peter

They are only £6 anyway - even if they are photocopies it is worth it! Very, very good zine.

yeah - bruce started them late 1992 - around the arsenal tour - few of my photos in them - i think one of mine from the liverpool empire (91) graces the front of the first one

could be wrong thu - long time ago now

dc

I stumbled across my one and only issue the other day while looking for something else - a review of the 1995 Boxers UK Tour. Good stuff.

For all those complaining about the lack of changes to this years tour setlist, you ought to read up on that tour!

If i remember the only change was dropping used to be a sweetboy after glasgow!

good times thu - i have very fond memories of those giddy nights - motherwell and glasgow in particular.

i have almost every issue(as i collecting fanzines (also non moz related) but i think i donrt have numer one and 12 is missing. and one of the early ones further.
they had 14 issues if i remember correctly.

btw..i saw a few issues of them being stored at the british library (main) , london
(smiths indeed as well, also only a few issues)

Last edited:
Thankyou for your swift responses, just to let you all know that i have bought the four fanzines and have been assured that they were all bought at Morrissey concerts by the seller themselves. So just waiting by the letterbox now :)

ACTS was a very good fanzine back in the day before internet coverage and constant news online. I always looked forward to it dropping onto my door mat when I'd become sophisticated enough to take up a subscription.

I came across a load of mine a couple of years back after a house move and put them on ebay. Was really a case of letting someone else have them but was pleased all the same when they went for £15+ each. ;)

Does Bruce ever post on these forums?

About how much would a chance to shine fetch? would paying about 13 dollars be a deal? saw some of these on ebay, quite interested in them, but do not want to get ripped off. :confused:

Hi i was just looking at my a.c.t.s mags,i havent got 1 2 and 3 anyone out there?. Anyway there was an add in one from 1995 for a Morrissey Smiths convention type thing at the Camden working mans club where sing your life vid was recorded and wondered if anyone went to it and what it was like.
Its funny at the bottom Bruce writes Please note Morrissey will not be making an appearance at this event.

Alan

The Smiths Bristol 24 feb 1984
Morrissey Dundee 1991, Liverpool 1991, Hanley 1991, Paris 1992, Chester 1997, Nottingham, Liverpool,Hartlepool,Glasgow 1999, Paris 2002, Llandudno,Dusseldorf 2006, Manchester 22 may,Koln,Bremen 2009

Last edited:
Hi i was just looking at my a.c.t.s mags,i havent got 1 2 and 3 anyone out there?. Anyway there was an add in one from 1995 for a Morrissey Smiths convention type thing at the Camden working mans club where sing your life vid was recorded and wondered if anyone went to it and what it was like.
Its funny at the bottom Bruce writes Please note Morrissey will not be making an appearance at this event.

Alan

The Smiths Bristol 24 feb 1984
Morrissey Dundee 1991, Liverpool 1991, Hanley 1991, Paris 1992, Chester 1997, Nottingham, Liverpool,Hartlepool,Glasgow 1999, Paris 2002, Llandudno,Dusseldorf 2006, Manchester 22 may,Koln,Bremen 2009

i went to one in paris , in 92 ran by elliott marks , remember him

I accompanied a friend to Bruce's abode in the early '00s. I seem to remember him being a decent guy. Gave me one of those "Famous When Dead" pins that he made that Moz wore.

Back
Top Bottom