A band that sounded identical to Morrissey, but it was horrible

Oh my

Enough! or Too much
This may be one of those questions that sound like: "Do you remember the name of the comedian who was funny?"... but I'll give it a try anyway.

Anyone remembers the name of a band from the mid 1990's that sounded identical to Morrissey?

I remember their debut album (which may have been their only album, I am not sure) had a black cover and a man in electric blue.

They didn't become famous and they were not really nice to listen, it was simply funny how they sounded almost identical to Morrissey.

That'll be Gene Oh My.

Exactly!!!! Thank you!!!!
I wanted to listen to Olympian, just to remember when a friend fooled me by saying that there was a new album of unreleased songs by Morrissey and I was listening and thinking: "How can it sound so horrible???".

Thanks a lot.... I wanted to remember an old prank that a friend played on me.

Gene were great and Peterb can go suck an egg.

They were not trying to be The Smiths and they weren't. They carved out their own niche and the first two albums and b-sides are great.

Speak to Me Someone is especially wonderful.

Unfair being turned on to them the way you were but they were a great band.

They were not trying to be The Smiths and they weren't. They carved out their own niche and the first two albums and b-sides are great.

Hahaha... well, I asked "Anyone remembers a band from the mid 90's that sounded identical to Morrissey?"

And the first reply was "Gene"... which was the band whose name I had forgotten. So Peter is a damn psychic... or maybe there are other reasons that made it so easy to guess which band I was thinking about.

There was also a not-so-known americad band from the mid-00's that to my opinion was a Moz/Smiths imitation, though the songs were pretty nice and catchy. They're called Nightmare Of You, and they were not hiding the heavy Smiths/Moz influence on them. I wonder if anyone here heard of them.

Check out ""I Want to Be Buried in Your Backyard" and "'The Days Go by Oh So Slow".

There was also a not-so-known americad band from the mid-00's that to my opinion was a Moz/Smiths imitation, though the songs were pretty nice and catchy. They're called Nightmare Of You, and they were not hiding the heavy Smiths/Moz influence on them. I wonder if anyone here heard of them.

Check out ""I Want to Be Buried in Your Backyard" and "'The Days Go by Oh So Slow".

I didn't know them... The music sounds a bit like The Smiths, but the singer is not really doing a "Morrissey impersonation". Maybe like The Sundays, they obviously wanted to sound like the Smiths, but without doing a weird Morrissey impersonation.

In some songs on their self-titled album he tries to imitate Moz's phrasing and style, not too successfully I think:cool:

What did I do?
I simply answered the question without comment.
Why involve eggs?

I remember some Swedish band called BOYS:

Back
Top Bottom