A$AP Rocky would like to work with Morrissey

At 28:30
"I might have to f*** with Morrissey, on some Smiths shit," he said. "Make some emo, real, retro-infusion, motherf***in' 2018 shit, man."

He's worked with Rod Stewart and Moby, so why not Moz? There is a huge demographic to be gained here.

Maybe, but then again other people have worked with Morrissey and got away with it.

It’s not A$AP Rocky’s image I’m worried about. I imagine it might further legitimize him. But there are so many talented artists out there that would be a far better choice. Like nearly anyone. Can’t imagine the appeal of this to Morrissey.

Here's the Rod Stewart collab:
(not my cup of tea, but got 6.5M views)

Hard to see this happening but it might appeal to him in the no one would expect it so it wouldn’t be boring way. They couldn’t be further apart as artists. A bunch of people who would probably never be aware of morrissey, young people, would probably check out his music though

Think about this. Who would be the one doing the favor in agreeing to the collaboration? And since both of their egos would step forward to help the guy who needs the boost, I’m guessing they would be clashing from the beginning. Plus, just yuck! The whole idea just makes me wince.

Has Morrissey ever agreed on a collaboration on another people's terms? The people who have agreed to guest on his records have usually ended up wailing in the background like Margaret O' Hara in November Spawned A Monster or adding something unimportant to the worst track on the album (Jeff Beck on Black Cloud).

Has Morrissey ever agreed on a collaboration on another people's terms? The people who have agreed to guest on his records have usually ended up wailing in the background like Margaret O' Hara in November Spawned A Monster or adding something unimportant to the worst track on the album (Jeff Beck on Black Cloud).

Not really. He turned down the Damon Albarn request but I think interlude was the last time I can recall that he attempted a duet. This would be more of a guest piece I'm thinking. I don't think he'd do it just to piss people off but he might be tempted just by the newness oddness of it. When you get older I imagine he's looking to for interesting experiences rather than legacy preservation etc. now I don't know if he'd think the results would be worth the experience hence I don't think he'll really do something like this but It might be tempting. Would certainly get some press

who would want to work with someone where every second word is f*** or shit.

I wanna hear Morrissey jump on this beat.

I love bad bitches that's my f***in' problem (Problem)
And yeah I like to f*** I got a f***in' problem (True)
If findin' somebody real is your f***in' problem
Bring ya girls to the crib maybe we can solve it.”

“I enjoy the company of sexually liberated women /
Particularly the act of intercourse, to the degree it is becoming an issue in my day-to-day life /

(x 3)

“If however you are looking for a serious long term relationship /
Bring your lady friends to an unspecified house or venue and perhaps we can resolve this knotty problem to the benefit of all concerned.”

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom