Morrissey Central "A 4:10 MENTION" (February 27, 2023)

This stupid woman can't even pronounce Chrissie's surname correctly. It's Chrissie Hynde, not Hyne.

Ehh what? Moz gets mentioned once in an interview and that's front page news anywhere in the universe?

tumblr_inline_mjj1i0gywU1qz4rgp.gif
Can we move this front page post to Off Topic?

Has anyone read her autobigraphy and if so what does she say about Morrissey? From interviews I've seen it looks like she was one of those illegal immigrants to Britain in the 1970s, desperately trying to find some poor sap to marry so she could stay here. Now she gets treated like an honoured Brit and I wouldn't be surprised if she played at the upcoming coronation.

LOL just look at the background. In capital letters MARR :laughing::guitar::rofl:

Benny 🇬🇧🔪

Awesome version, and one of Morrissey’s best covers! Chrissie must have been proud

Morrissey's cover merely illustrates how to grind down the delicate jangle guitar work of Billy Bremner and Robbie McIntosh. Thank God, it's not Boz Boorer's fault.

Remember when Sam put up that alternate vocal take of Brow Of My Beloved?

And put up Blue Dreamers Eyes? And When I Get To Wherever I'm Going? And Once Upon A Woman's Body? And You Don't Need Their Approval? And If Saturday Ever Comes? And I Couldn't Understand Why People Laughed?

How about putting up... "alternate versions"

...of all the BOT songs instead of making posts like these? Just sayin'.
those were the days,to get blue dreamers eyes as a freebie was fantastic and the other songs werent too bad either.

No idea what he's getting at here. Is it some sort of coded message to Chrissie?
They were close friends for a long time, I wonder if they still are.
I remember reading a magazine interview with her a few years ago and she gave the impression that their friendship at that time involved them occasionally meeting up for a drink and as the evening progressed, he would egg her on to do and say daft things.

Remember when Sam put up that alternate vocal take of Brow Of My Beloved?

And put up Blue Dreamers Eyes? And When I Get To Wherever I'm Going? And Once Upon A Woman's Body? And You Don't Need Their Approval? And If Saturday Ever Comes? And I Couldn't Understand Why People Laughed?

How about putting up... "alternate versions"

...of all the BOT songs instead of making posts like these? Just sayin'.
Good point.

Blue Dreamers Eyes is a very good song in my opinion, both lyrically and musically. Does anyone know why it never made it on an album? Or at least a B-side (if there is such a thing anymore)? Does anyone know what LP time frame it was recorded around?

It's strange to me that it's a very good song, but relegated basically as a Youtube release.

Bell well and safe all...

We remember her from 'The Moors Murders' all of which leads to 'The Smiths'. At 4:15, perhaps.

Has anyone read her autobigraphy and if so what does she say about Morrissey? From interviews I've seen it looks like she was one of those illegal immigrants to Britain in the 1970s, desperately trying to find some poor sap to marry so she could stay here. Now she gets treated like an honoured Brit and I wouldn't be surprised if she played at the upcoming coronation.

I've read her autobiography, and Morrissey isn't mentioned. It ends in 1982 with the death of James Honeyman-Scott and a brief epilogue on the various Pretenders incarnations. For clarity, she wasn't "desperately trying to find some poor sap to marry so she could stay [in Britain]." There were two Sex Pistols she was friends with who agreed to get a sham marriage with her so she could get a spouse visa, but I think Johnny Rotten ended up having to tour before they could finalize it, and Sid Vicious ended up in the hospital.

Last edited:
I've read her autobiography, and Morrissey isn't mentioned. It ends in 1982 with the death of James Honeyman-Scott and a brief epilogue on the various Pretenders incarnations. For clarity, she wasn't "desperately trying to find some poor sap to marry so she could stay [in Britain]." There were two Sex Pistols she was friends with who agreed to get a sham marriage with her so she could get a spouse visa, but I think Johnny Rotten ended up having to tour before they could do finalize it, and Sid Vicious ended up in the hospital.
Okay, but in this BBC interview she says the registry office refused to let her and Ray Davies get married because they were arguing. This suggests to me that the officials suspected that wedding too was a sham, so the poor sap I really had in mind was Ray.
Anyway, I'm sick of Central promoting old associates who haven't publically talked about Morrissey in years. If there really are no new tour dates to announce/no new photos from the recent recording sessions to share with the fans/no new terrorist incidents to insist we get angry about, then Central could helpfully give some information about some of the unidentified backdrop and drumskin images that have been used on recent tours (assuming someone at Central has any clue). At least that would be something new to discuss.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom