_

What's it got to do with Boz? Didn't write it, didn't play on it. What next, Moz holding up a copy of an Electronic re-release?

They should postpone the release until she actually is - not long to wait now, in all likelihood...

It's a decent cover, but I still can't work out the point of this release. All the tracks are previously available ones we've all bought dozens of times before, right? Why does it exist?

It's a decent cover, but I still can't work out the point of this release. All the tracks are previously available ones we've all bought dozens of times before, right? Why does it exist?

a) Because people will buy it.
b) Hopefully, because it is trailing a TQID album re-issue.

Really wish a Stephen Street album would happen. It's not that Joe Chiccarelli can't make a great album, he can. What made Streety so invaluable is he helped write the MUSIC. He wrote the music for 'Every Day...' and helped guide Moz musically to create the amazing Viva Hate. Your Arsenal was fantastic because Mick Ronson helped write the music. Moz doesn't need a producer who can record great snare sounds and get a killer sound out of a Turbo Rat pedal. There's a reason everyone heads to the snack bar during 'Don't Make Fun of Daddy's Voice' while everyone loses their sh$& when Moz performs EDILS. It's a great song, co-written by a great Producer.

Just interested KS as you say you might be afraid it is Joe Chiccarelli.
What is it you dislike about his production on WPINOYB?
I know you could say in some places it might be a bit overproduced, with too much orchestration but comparing to ROTT and YOR I liked the overall sound and how Morrissey's voice was recorded.
Just my opinion of course.
Who would you like to produce for Moz?
Cheers :thumb:

Maybe he has picked someone different, though wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. Seems to stick with the familiar if it works for him.

I think Joe did a great job, what a producer should do,what he was hired to do, and if M likes his work,then that's all that matters.

Sylvia Massy seems a interesting producer, don't care too much for the bands though.

Really wish a Stephen Street album would happen. It's not that Joe Chiccarelli can't make a great album, he can. What made Streety so invaluable is he helped write the MUSIC. He wrote the music for 'Every Day...' and helped guide Moz musically to create the amazing Viva Hate. Your Arsenal was fantastic because Mick Ronson helped write the music. Moz doesn't need a producer who can record great snare sounds and get a killer sound out of a Turbo Rat pedal. There's a reason everyone heads to the snack bar during 'Don't Make Fun of Daddy's Voice' while everyone loses their sh$& when Moz performs EDILS. It's a great song, co-written by a great Producer.

Aren't you also ignoring the fact that one is a brilliant lyric and the other is a lame joke of a lyric?

They should postpone the release until she actually is - not long to wait now, in all likelihood...
Actually, there may well be quite a long time to wait. The Queen Mother lived until she was 101, and the Queen is only 91. She is going to have the attention of the best medical team in the country, monitoring her every move. I would not be at all surprised if she lived past 100, so Morrissey could be waiting for another decade to cash-in on the event. Hell, given his recent health scares, it's by no means certain which of the two will croak first.

Aren't you also ignoring the fact that one is a brilliant lyric and the other is a lame joke of a lyric?
True, that's part of the issue. But I don't really care for the melody to DMFODV either. Even with brilliant lyrics the chorus melody would still be plodding. Not entirely Moz' fault though, he can only write the top vocal melodies over whatever music the band hands him, which is why we haven't really had a 'classic' Morrissey song for awhile. IMO, YATQ was the last time we had some true Moz bangers. Would another collab with Street bring some new classics? Maybe.

Actually, there may well be quite a long time to wait. The Queen Mother lived until she was 101, and the Queen is only 91. She is going to have the attention of the best medical team in the country, monitoring her every move. I would not be at all surprised if she lived past 100, so Morrissey could be waiting for another decade to cash-in on the event. Hell, given his recent health scares, it's by no means certain which of the two will croak first.

don't think M would do a 'cash-in' on that. Though, even if M is not with us, the company could re-release it to cash-in.

HMV launch their 'vinyl week' on Saturday 17th, so if this is genuine, and it suggests HMV, then you'd think it would be part of that. The 3rd reveal of bands to be part of their vinyl week is set to be unveiled this week.

So far Suede and The Clash, among others have been revealed.

I rather hope this is not part of that. Otherwise, if you miss out, it means they will be on eBay at inflated prices by the time it is Saturday teatime.

What's 'Vinyl Week'? Is it HMV's version of Record Story Day?

Appears Friday it is.
Some independent retailers reporting to be stocking also.

Regards,
FWD.

Tags
12" vinyl boz boorer the queen is dead the smiths

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom