7" Vinyl Boxset

billybu69

Subscriber
I was looking at rhino website today for details of smith's sound of cd,and found this snippet, On November 3rd 2008 Rhino will release 'The Sound Of The Smiths' - available on newly remastered 1 Cd and Deluxe 2 CD editions. Including all the hit singles, the Limited Edition also contains rare B-sides, non-album tracks and live performances.

On the same day the 7" vinyl Singles boxset will also be available exclusively from Rhino.co.uk. Further details to follow.

Singles boxset surely thats enough now.

Uncleskinney has a healthy attitude towards this sort of thing,just to have the songs should be the way to go.I on the other hand am a dick and i'll buy the boxset, and anything else they can knock together.

I would buy the box set if it was a cd single box set. There is no way in hell that I'm gonna waste my money on vinyl releases!

yeah... I don't understand why some people waste so much money on vinyls... I don't buy anything:rolleyes:

but the artwork is so pretty in 7"vinyl format
yet thinking about the re-issue/re-package box
rhino will no doubt moose it up

If these were catalogued as the Rough Trade release numbers (and were actually the Rough Trade releases) then I would invest. However this isjust a scandalous skank.

Re: Smiths 7" Boxset Track Listings

'What Difference Does A Day Make'?!?! Ha ha ha
Also it says the boxset is out in December, I thought it was coming out on the same day as the compilation?

I wish they really dug up some crazy unheard-of bootleg-type shit. Like... the rarest of the rarities... and maybe some more live songs in awesome quality. And I wish it was a 5-CD set.

I wish they really dug up some crazy unheard-of bootleg-type shit. Like... the rarest of the rarities... and maybe some more live songs in awesome quality. And I wish it was a 5-CD set.

That would be awesome! But I am somewhat excited to see what it coming out now!

Delayed perhaps? I see that the sentence on the Rhino website about this has been removed, whereas it did say more details to follow.

(NB. Is delayed the most used word on Solo these days? :rolleyes: )

I've just been browsing the HMV website and found this
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/artistIDSearch.do?ctx=12;1;58;-1&artistID=6532

Looks like the singles are being released seperately
  • Hand in Glove & This Chrming man on Nov 10th
  • What Difference & Heaven Knows on Nov 17th
  • William & How soon is now on 24th
  • Shakespear's Sister & That Joke isn't funny on Dec 1st
  • Boy with a thorn & Bigmouth on Dec 8th

2 Records each week, but each looking like it is being listed as a double A side - only 7" available. No artwork as yet...will be interesting to see if they use the originals, or some images of the band

What are the odds on a Smiths Xmas #1?

Let's start a Morrissey-Solo campaign...Oh, hang on, we tried that once already... :(

I've just been browsing the HMV website and found this
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/artistIDSearch.do?ctx=12;1;58;-1&artistID=6532

Looks like the singles are being released seperately
  • Hand in Glove & This Chrming man on Nov 10th
  • What Difference & Heaven Knows on Nov 17th
  • William & How soon is now on 24th
  • Shakespear's Sister & That Joke isn't funny on Dec 1st
  • Boy with a thorn & Bigmouth on Dec 8th

2 Records each week, but each looking like it is being listed as a double A side - only 7" available. No artwork as yet...will be interesting to see if they use the originals, or some images of the band

What are the odds on a Smiths Xmas #1?

Let's start a Morrissey-Solo campaign...Oh, hang on, we tried that once already... :(

7 inch single £4.49? :eek:

My thoughts exactly! But I'll no doubt get them

Is Morrissey really involved in this? Will he get any of the Royalties?
a box set of singles like Morrissey’s would be nice however I would like a statement from him as I have a lot of hatred for mike Joyce and I don't want to line his pockets with my hard earned money.

According to this ebay post, this boxed set will be "limited" to 7500 copies.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-Smiths-Si...39:1|66:2|65:10|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

That's hardly limited in my book.

And more from this one:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SMITHS-12x7-B...39:1|66:2|65:10|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Two singles in this boxare exclusive to this box set
The box is completed with four contemporary badges and a poster featuring the single artworks. All singles utilise the original production

So, extra tracks AND a tacky badge - bonus!

Wait around for heavily discounted stock...

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Tags
vinyl boxset label
Back
Top Bottom