7" Vinyl Boxset

10,000 isn't that much when you consider the number of Moz fans worldwide.
My boxset is #300-something

I feel that items hold more value and importance if they are just not slapped with a sticker that says limited when in fact there may be plenty of copies floating about.

In the 80s when bootlegs were on the decline many of the erm, "labels" began to produce runs of 500 and under. Some of these bootlegs now sell for over £100 among collectors. And that is the whole point of a limited edition, for it to become a collectable.

I would not feel like I own something that special when I know I can get it from most high street shops or see it on Ebay every other day. If you buy a limited edition item you want it to be rare, hard to get hold of and grow in value.

Then again, maybe I am wrong? ;)

I feel that items hold more value and importance if they are just not slapped with a sticker that says limited when in fact there may be plenty of copies floating about.

In the 80s when bootlegs were on the decline many of the erm, "labels" began to produce runs of 500 and under. Some of these bootlegs now sell for over £100 among collectors. And that is the whole point of a limited edition, for it to become a collectable.

I would not feel like I own something that special when I know I can get it from most high street shops or see it on Ebay every other day. If you buy a limited edition item you want it to be rare, hard to get hold of and grow in value.

Then again, maybe I am wrong? ;)

I agree. Although 10,000 copies of the boxset isn't a lot compared to the numbers printed for other releases, I'd say it is a lot when taking into account how many individuals will actually buy them. You can hold of these boxsets anywhere really (eBay, Amazon, HMV), so they aren't that rare really.

I agree. Although 10,000 copies of the boxset isn't a lot compared to the numbers printed for other releases, I'd say it is a lot when taking into account how many individuals will actually buy them. You can hold of these boxsets anywhere really (eBay, Amazon, HMV), so they aren't that rare really.

here you go bad penny:rolleyes:

It also came up a couple of times on vinylexchange website. I bought my copy from them for 50 quid.
Cheers Moz

10,000 isn't that much when you consider the number of Moz fans worldwide.
My boxset is #300-something

It'll be 100 years before the box is worth more than regular retail value.

Thank you Grim for getting me one with the promo cd:)

10,000 is a lot.

Don't worry about what number it is. Only worth more if it's No. 1, which was probably saved by the label, and they probably made more than 1.

It'll be 100 years before the box is worth more than regular retail value.

Not necessarily true.

The Smiths inspire plenty of devotion, and that seems to keep refreshing with time, new fans still attach themselves to them so there'll always be a market for stuff.

There were 80 - 100k of Radiohead's In Rainbows disc box (2cd / 2 vinyl) produced and sold at £40 and now, little more than a year later, it goes for between £60 - £100 on Ebay, on average around the £80 mark. It didn't sell out straight away, either - Went up for pre-ordering September 07 and you could still order them a couple of months into 2008, if I recall correctly.

It's a different scenario, of course, given that The Smiths set is far more 'archive' but given the difference in production amounts, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that in excellent condition it will add, say, £10 - £20 to its original price within a couple of years. Might not, of course, but....

what of the winners of the 2 prints STILL mentioned on the rhino site?

"www.rhino.co.uk offer: All orders received before the 8th December will be entered into a draw to win one of 2 prints of the cover image!"

what of the winners of the 2 prints STILL mentioned on the rhino site?

"www.rhino.co.uk offer: All orders received before the 8th December will be entered into a draw to win one of 2 prints of the cover image!"

Well spotted.

In few months time those prints will be found in eBay. :p

Tags
vinyl boxset label
Back
Top Bottom