7" Vinyl Boxset

The best song is defenitely the live version of Meat Is Murder. I didn't even debate about buying this. Although it almost cost me $100.00, I know I would have regreted it for the rest of my life if I didn't buy it when I had the chance. For those that "don't understand why people collect vinyl"...all I have to say is that you haven't TRULY listened to a song until you experience it in analog mode. The sounds are so much crisper and you will hear instruments you never even thought were in the song. CD's are okay and MP3's are ok for your iPod for when you're in the gym. But nothing, NOTHING beats the sound you get when place that record on your turntable and hear that snap...crackle...pop...and BAM the song just hits your ear drums like never before.

My feelings exactly! I think I love you :o :cool:

The Smiths 7" singles box set(2008)

This is the one that was just released, which # did you get? I got #387, the set is wonderful, though a bit pricey($104 US), but well worth it.

So, who got one and what # did you get?

Re: The Smiths 7" singles box set(2008)

Well I was in the top 100 first orders yet my box set is numbered 5028.... go figure.

I was just too curious so i opened my boxset to see what the no was. I was one of the 100 who got the cd. Bloody 05006. I was going to bid on the no 1 but now ive seen the certificate i think it would be so easy to copy one and change the no,s?

Alan

Mine is 06152 :eek: :)

Hi :) i finally purchased the box set after much debate! my limited edition number for my box set is 08946 any chance of using this post as to make a data base, i know some people who have brought this box set might not have used this web site but would be great to know how many of us here have this limted edition set and whos got the one after or before me! Cheers Happy new year and see u at yarmouth :):guitar:

I purchased mine today from Amoeba Records in Hollywood, CA. I recieved #396 which is pretty good! I'm listening to the records right now and they sound a lot better than the CD versions. I love the cover art and have already framed the poster and put the pins on various jackets. The best song is defenitely the live version of Meat Is Murder. I didn't even debate about buying this. Although it almost cost me $100.00, I know I would have regreted it for the rest of my life if I didn't buy it when I had the chance. For those that "don't understand why people collect vinyl"...all I have to say is that you haven't TRULY listened to a song until you experience it in analog mode. The sounds are so much crisper and you will hear instruments you never even thought were in the song. CD's are okay and MP3's are ok for your iPod for when you're in the gym. But nothing, NOTHING beats the sound you get when place that record on your turntable and hear that snap...crackle...pop...and BAM the song just hits your ear drums like never before.

This is the one that was just released, which # did you get? I got #387, the set is wonderful, though a bit pricey($104 US), but well worth it.

So, who got one and what # did you get?

In addition to the above Uncleskinny got 5136 (you can see the photo in page 9)
My friend who got This Charming Man promo is 6505.

Last edited:
ohh... I had not seen this :eek:

I'm almost certainly buying this one as well :D:guitar:

Yikes, I hadn't seen that either. But it makes sense as this one only goes up to Bigmouth.

And for the record mine is number 05026, and I did get the promo cd with it.

I think I'm the only one not to get a promo CD which was really the main reason for ordering on the off chance I'd be lucky. Not too impressed as the track listing sheet is torn in half and the Still Ill label has bubbled and fallen off. Not the highest quality box set I've ever seen ! Bugger !

Don't feel too bad about it, I didn't get one either. I'm not disappointed though, as the set is wonderful.

Re: Here's what I got

The singles, a mini-poster, 4 badges (Jean Marais, Pat Phoenx, "HANDSOME", "THE SMITHS"), a leaflet with download code (which I have already used to download the whole set as a ZIP file, the songs are 320 bitrate), and the promo CD, previously described. (please excuse crappy phone pic)...

iyltmr.jpg

The promo CD plays fine, standard single versions of all 4 songs. The 7" singles all appear to have been made from the Rough Trade masters, with the 'RT' scraped off and 'RHN' scraped off on the matrix number. Also, at first glance, some of the run-off etching messages appear to be wrong. Saddo that I am, I'll report back later.

Peter

**EDIT** - a couple more observations - The Dutch Headmaster Ritual is the only one without a Rhino etching. And secondly, "William..." is dreadfully warped. I thought it was the record player at first, but no. Disappointing.

Here you are.

Thanks for the peek inside the box. Mine is staying closed.:D

I think I feel a second purchase coming on.....just to have the pleasure of opening it!!:)

I agree with you, I feel like a second purchase which i will keep sealed. I bought the promo cd Charming man for 50 quid, i just wanted so much. A really great item.
Cheers Moz

Stupid me....I decided to buy in the shops as I wanted it to be in really MINT condition , using the post you never know...My copy is MINT indeed but i paid far too much: 80 Euros. With such a weak pound I could have bought 2 copies from the web, RHINO for example. I have learnt the lesson...
Cheers Moz

09768 is my box number :(

This is an issue I have always held with record labels who use the limited edition term. How can something ever be of value when there are 10,000 plus copies floating around.

To me a genuine limited run should be under 1,000.

How did people manage to get hold of the 'This Charming Man' promo CDs? They didn't have them in HMV when I got mine!

Tags
vinyl boxset label
Back
Top Bottom