7" Vinyl Boxset

Some collectors hope the value will increase later.

I don't see the point in keeping things in mint condition. I take care of the vinyl records I collect - but the reason I collect them is to enjoy them, not to lock them away! It's like when you're in a second hand record shop, the records that have obviously seen a bit of wear and tear (within reason) are always much more appealing than the extortionate pristine ones.

Or am I just weird?

It says on the main page that this is available at Virgin Megastores in the U.S. Has anyone actually purchased one there? I don't see it listed on the Virgin Megastore website.

Why aren't you opening your box sets? I assumed they wouldn't be worth that much since they are re-issues etc... I have most of mine framed and hung in various locations round the flat.

Personally, it's got nothing to do with value. I collect Smiths/Mozza items that have to be in mint condition, so to have something still sealed is a bonus. My own curiosity means that I'll end up buying another boxset after the Christma holidays just to open it and peek inside.

if anyone has opened their box and can tell me about the mp3 code please let us know :)

I did and downloaded all the mp3s. :) once you enter the code you must register with Rhino and after that you're allowed to download the songs.

By the way I absolutely adore the live version of meat is murder :)

Not sure if this should go in Marketplace or not, but has anyone seen this on ebay?
d17c_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THE-SMITHS-Si...286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:10|39:1|240:1318

number 1 of 7500... very collectable

It sold for £161 - to a big time ebay Smiths trader - hope he enjoys it :)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I got mine for Christmas. Very nice boxset. Could have done with a nice booklet or something with it though. Haven't had time to download the songs yet, but will probably do that tonight.

a bit picky i know but you'd have thought they would have done a better job on reproducing the covers.
mine are like rubbish colour photocopies!:confused:

Holy Shit! I just tried to order mine here in Vegas, and the girl told me it would be $83 bucks for the set, is that accurate? I thought they were cd's, not vinyls?

Last edited:
i bought my dad a record player for his birthday 3 years ago...he's never used it so I took it, wired it up to play through my TV and bought the box-set yesterday. I can't wait to listen to them. :)

i bought my dad a record player for his birthday 3 years ago...he's never used it so I took it, wired it up to play through my TV and bought the box-set yesterday. I can't wait to listen to them. :)

I love vinyl :) I don't know ... maybe because I started listening when vinyls were still around - it brings me back to my childhood/adolescence - I just love it - bought one a couple of years ago to listen to my old records, but now I find myself buying vinyl again :) - plus, some of these new albuns come with mp3 downloads!! - that's just perfect for me :guitar:

I was just too curious so i opened my boxset to see what the no was. I was one of the 100 who got the cd. Bloody 05006. I was going to bid on the no 1 but now ive seen the certificate i think it would be so easy to copy one and change the no,s?

Alan

I was just too curious so i opened my boxset to see what the no was. I was one of the 100 who got the cd. Bloody 05006. I was going to bid on the no 1 but now ive seen the certificate i think it would be so easy to copy one and change the no,s?

Alan

Mine is 06152 :eek: :)

The Smiths Singles box 7" etc

Hi :) i finally purchased the box set after much debate! my limited edition number for my box set is 08946 any chance of using this post as to make a data base, i know some people who have brought this box set might not have used this web site but would be great to know how many of us here have this limted edition set and whos got the one after or before me! Cheers Happy new year and see u at yarmouth :):guitar:

Last edited:
7" Boxset Mislabelling

Hello everyone :) I came here to ask something about the boxset. I ordered mine before christmas and it arrived on Saturday (no. 03549), and looking through them I found that on the Heaven Knows record, the label is pressed halfway across the surface :( Is anyone else's like this, or do I have a wee rarity on my hands?

Thanks for any info you can give :)

Ive checked mine and its as normal as normal can be :) i guess yours effects the play of the record,and thats not a good thing. "you brought the box set.... it came on saturday......... heaven knows your misrible now.... its been in the post to long u said....and....wonky lables.... god knows iam stressed " sorry ive had a beer or 3 :) u might want to take a picture send it to rhino and get them to send u a 100% perfect copy and keep the wobberly one:) if they ask for it back say u will send but dont! :D these things should be checked before the boxes are sealed! unless morrissey got rhino to do it on purpose, the lucky person whos box it was in will have morrissey come to there house with a signed copy and a big wet kiss! let us know how u get on(with rhino i mean) :)

I purchased mine today from Amoeba Records in Hollywood, CA. I recieved #396 which is pretty good! I'm listening to the records right now and they sound a lot better than the CD versions. I love the cover art and have already framed the poster and put the pins on various jackets. The best song is defenitely the live version of Meat Is Murder. I didn't even debate about buying this. Although it almost cost me $100.00, I know I would have regreted it for the rest of my life if I didn't buy it when I had the chance. For those that "don't understand why people collect vinyl"...all I have to say is that you haven't TRULY listened to a song until you experience it in analog mode. The sounds are so much crisper and you will hear instruments you never even thought were in the song. CD's are okay and MP3's are ok for your iPod for when you're in the gym. But nothing, NOTHING beats the sound you get when place that record on your turntable and hear that snap...crackle...pop...and BAM the song just hits your ear drums like never before.

Tags
vinyl boxset label
Back
Top Bottom