7" Vinyl Boxset

Is that only at Rhino, though? The boxset is also at recordstore.co.uk but it a bit more. However they ship to the US.

Oh yeah, yeah. I didn't even think about that.:doh: I've ordered stuff from them before.

I just wanted the pre-order from Rhino to get that This Charming Man Promo.:p

The mention of a limited edition promo CD and I'm there.

Forget about the lousy artwork and any reference to paint a vulgar picture - order duely placed.

Hook, line and sinker to the marketting men!

Fingers crossed i was in the first 100 :(

I would buy the box set if it was a cd single box set. There is no way in hell that I'm gonna waste my money on vinyl releases!

But they come with mp3 download codes. Pretty customary with vinyl these days. You'll get the mp3s along with it. Sounds like a win/win situation to me.
The only reason I can justify getting the boxset it to ask for it as a Christmas pressy.

But they come with mp3 download codes. Pretty customary with vinyl these days. You'll get the mp3s along with it. Sounds like a win/win situation to me.

I don't need those MP3s, I have almost all of the songs on CD already, and the new Best Of will have the rest that I don't have yet.

Even if I was collecting vinyl singles, I'd look for the original ones. I see no point in buying buying those new pressings. They are of no historic value ... they are just copies, made over twenty years later.

I would buy the CD singles box though, but only if they had all the b-sides. Releasing them with just one b-side (like a 7") makes no sense at all.

Last edited:
Even if I was collecting vinyl singles, I'd look for the original ones. I see no point in buying buying those new pressings. They are of no historic value ... they are just copies, made over twenty years later.

I

i prefer the 12 inch format to the 7 inch not only because there are more songs on it but because the beautiful artwork does come with- logically- :rolleyes:a bigger picture

i did expeted a much better artwork
to be along the great iconic smiths cover stars-(doesnt matter if they were minor or major stars but hey all looked "iconic") but this one ...unspectacular.. this was the last chance to create a great cover for a smiths record-hmpf

D'ya think it's fair to assume there will be a part 2 to this sordid affair (which i've just pre-ordered like a lamb to the slaughter):(

any kind, uk soul willing to place a pre-order through rhino for me??
recordstore is 10 pounds more, which is 20 usd.
not to mention that 'this charming man' promo is sounding pretty sweet.

Oh well, I'll never learn....just ordered my box:rolleyes:

Would I be right in thinking that this is the first 'The Smiths' release with a cover image that doesn't feature a black+white or colour wash ? I think that's what is bugging me about this particular 'cover star'; I want a wash.
Would I also be right in thinking that this is a ridiculous thing for a 36 year old man to be thinking about at three am on a Saturday morning.
:confused:

Oh well, I'll never learn....just ordered my box:rolleyes:

Would I be right in thinking that this is the first 'The Smiths' release with a cover image that doesn't feature a black+white or colour wash ? I think that's what is bugging me about this particular 'cover star'; I want a wash.
Would I also be right in thinking that this is a ridiculous thing for a 36 year old man to be thinking about at three am on a Saturday morning.
:confused:

Couldn't agree more about the b/w or wash...no doubt someone on solo will be able to knock something together.

And yes, it's a ridiculous thing to be thinking about at 3am...shame on you :)

I'm just thinking though, even with a nicely chosen monochromatic wash to perfectly compliment the aquamarine (?) 'The Smiths' ~ it'd still be bobbins!
Perhaps the problem is the lack of subtext. There always seemed to be a hidden narrative sniffing around The Smiths 'original picture bags'. Or it's not the absence of subtext that's the problem but just that I don't find this story very interesting ~ 'big car, large penis, huge tie' ?
And yet my eyes can't help alighting on 'the packet', as the frinkers say!
Shame upon shame...;)

i prefer the 12 inch format to the 7 inch not only because there are more songs on it but because the beautiful artwork does come with- logically- :rolleyes:a bigger picture

i did expeted a much better artwork
to be along the great iconic smiths cover stars-(doesnt matter if they were minor or major stars but hey all looked "iconic") but this one ...unspectacular.. this was the last chance to create a great cover for a smiths record-hmpf

I'm just thinking though, even with a nicely chosen monochromatic wash to perfectly compliment the aquamarine (?) 'The Smiths' ~ it'd still be bobbins!
Perhaps the problem is the lack of subtext. There always seemed to be a hidden narrative sniffing around The Smiths 'original picture bags'. Or it's not the absence of subtext that's the problem but just that I don't find this story very interesting ~ 'big car, large penis, huge tie' ?
And yet my eyes can't help alighting on 'the packet', as the frinkers say!
Shame upon shame...;)
agreed -as i said in an earlier post^^
and the frinkers say "basket" to this ;)

The mention of a limited edition promo CD and I'm there.
Forget about the lousy artwork and any reference to paint a vulgar picture - order duely placed.
Hook, line and sinker to the marketting men!
Fingers crossed i was in the first 100 :(

All of the above: D I T T O :D
I think the hidden message was in the number plate: URW = You are weak :p
Well, we might be in someone else's eyes but if this rocks our boat, what's the harm in it ?

agreed -as i said in an earlier post^^
and the frinkers say "basket" to this ;)

Hahaha! How could I forget that ? I am now hanging my head in the frink hall of shame (just next to pervert's corner).
So, I think you could say that Mr.Fabiani has quite a full basket:eek:

Tags
vinyl boxset label
Back
Top Bottom