Julia

Rocco Sifredi

Half a Man of Means
Dear Friends,
I was wondering... who's this Julia Morrissey is always naming?
Why is he doing that?
Some of his heroes had this habit?
Why julia ?

By the way in Italy, Julia is also the brand of a strong liquor.
All Yours
Rocco Sifredi

oh boy, another Julia one..

Hi Friend,
Eh eh you made me laugh, even if you didn't tell me about Julia.
You don't like her?
Ciao
Rocco

PS You made me laugh with the Fender logo.

Julia is the one who runs true-to-you.net (that site, you know, where everything has got to be filled up.....)
She's really a devoted fan (but aren't we all?) and Morrissey seems to respect her too in some sort of way (or should he mention her with tongue in cheek?)

denia wrote: oh boy, another Julia one..
ah well, there'll be more!

I asked because during the Milan gig, MORRISSEY asked "Julia, did you have breakfast?" and she said "Yes" then the artist said "What did you have" and the fan said "A Biscuit".....
Then Moz said "only that"?
Because next time I could invite Julia at my place and I can cook a pasta and pomodoro for her and in the meantime we can fill the Morrissey discography on True To You...

Rocco S

Julia is a very, very kind lady and quite devoted to Moz. She's been to literally every gig since about 94ish, and quite a few before that as well.
I think there's quite a bit of jealousy amongst fans toward her, sparking some less-than-complimentary comments about her here and there.
Moz appreciates her devotion and shows his appreciation through his comments to her. Wouldn't you? :)

Of course I would.
Viva Julia.
So Julia is devoted to Saint Morrissey only from 94??

She's not devoted to Maher?

Rocco

Musings said:
Julia is a very, very kind lady and quite devoted to Moz. She's been to literally every gig since about 94ish, and quite a few before that as well.
I think there's quite a bit of jealousy amongst fans toward her, sparking some less-than-complimentary comments about her here and there.
Moz appreciates her devotion and shows his appreciation through his comments to her. Wouldn't you? :)

Agreed. Julia is a lovely, lovely lady. I've only met her (outiside gigs) a couple of times, and she's utterly charming. In Halifax (which I thought was up there with the very very best gigs) she spent time outside at the end to talk to folk, and she was delightful. All the folk who slag her off, I'm guessing, would do exactly what she does, if they had the money. Good on her.

Peter

I met her in Amsterdam. She is a very polite and lovely lady.
But it is strange that Moz is mention her that often.....sometimes I think it's a runnning gag for him, because he knows that everybody is a bit annoyed of it.

I stood right next to her at Roskilde. I didn't know it was her though until I saw pictures of her on the main site.

I will admit that I am jealous. I wish I had time and money to go to every gig, and that Morrissey would say "Louise, did you have breakfast?"

But then again...it must be a strange life. Her whole life must revolve around Morrissey.
What does she do for a living?

Rocco Sifredi said:
I asked because during the Milan gig, MORRISSEY asked "Julia, did you have breakfast?" and she said "Yes" then the artist said "What did you have" and the fan said "A Biscuit".....
Then Moz said "only that"?
Because next time I could invite Julia at my place and I can cook a pasta and pomodoro for her and in the meantime we can fill the Morrissey discography on True To You...

Rocco S

It seems like he's been giving her a lot of trouble lately for being so thin. Maybe she could use some of your pasta pomodoro :)

ive met julia and she is always very nice.
I do feel that Morrissey could be abit more talkative to other fans, Julia can afford to go to every gig and thats great but most people find it hard to go to just a few gigs to pay for morrissey £500 a night hotels.

Musings said:

I second the kind remarks about Julia, what a sweetheart of a lady. She's always treated me kindly, and I appreciate her doing that. For all the crap she catches here from jealous people(and she catches alot), I can honestly say she's a friend and a huge Morrissey fan. I've had the wonderful opportunity to meet and chat with Julia for a lengthy amount of time, and she was nothing but sweet. Many fans are jealous/envious of her, b/c of her devotion to Morrissey. if anything, she should be applauded for it. She's just like all of us: A die hard/devoted Morrissey fan. She buys his music, shirts, memorabilia,etc.

I don't think anyone here who trashes her, realizes how much time, money and effort she's put into Morrissey and his wonderful music? if they met her,(and most of the shit talkers have not), they'd see she was a really sweet lady. As a Morrissey fan for over 10+ yrs, it kinda irkes me to see folks say bad things about her. Get over yourselves and like her for being a huge Morrissey fan, what's wrong with that? The Woman's gone out of her way, literally to be kind to so many people, only to get shit on by them. Her site, (just like this one) is wonderful. David T should be commended too for all the hardwork and BS he's had to encounter, while running this site. I know you've heard it before, but : Good Job David!

Both: David and Julia are top notch people.

Julia's a-ok in my book, IMO.:)

Viva Morrissey!

Last edited:
I am a bit uncertain about this lady; I have seen her many times at gigs but never talked to her. No matter what time she shows up she always get a first row spot; Moz's security knows her and at the Palladium on the 28th, she was the only one that security didn't bother about standing at the front rather than sitting in the designeted seat. In Rome, Moz personal security man (the big big bold fella) brought her the set list before the show started and another bloke from the entourage brought a bottle of water soon after.

She looks a bit unhealthy to me; as I said I don't know her but....I don't know...something doesn't add up.
I guess my level of envy it is a bit too sky high to be objective about her but I find it a bit (please don't shout at me all of you) 'unconsiderate' of Moz to always mention her, cause at the end of it all there are plenty of us that love him and have followed him as much if not more.

I'm going to be bIunt......I've never seen this JuIia woman in person or anywhere but I aIready feeI anymosity towards her, tiny amount of HATE.
I'm sorry but I just can't respect anyone who spends their entire Iife being someone eIse's BITCH..... even if that someone is our wonderfuI MOZ.... what about pride and seIf-respect? Does she have none?
I am a IittIe jeaIous of the fact that she hangs out with Moz a Iot but I'm just one of those peopIe who doesn't pIay BITCH to anyone.....at some point one just has to say.....it's time to go home and get a Iife of my own.
Her website SUX major @ss by the way!

Big respect to DAnn for saying what a lot of people think.

I have walked past her at various UK gigs but why should I bother to talk to her?

Just like she shouldn't bother talking to me.

People above have said "wow, she gave me some time outside a gig once" - WTF???? Is she important in our lives?

mjp said:
Big respect to DAnn for saying what a lot of people think.

I have walked past her at various UK gigs but why should I bother to talk to her?

Just like she shouldn't bother talking to me.

People above have said "wow, she gave me some time outside a gig once" - WTF???? Is she important in our lives?

Well she's not important in my life; in common with a hell of a lot of other fans I've met through the years, she's polite and kind - and that was my point above.

Peter

Morrissey makes a habit of asking what Julia had for breakfast. We have him to thank for the fact that we know on 17th May 2006 Julia had Weetabix for breakfast. Morrissey said he hoped she had 2.

Back
Top Bottom