5-Day Pass Sales: Very "Fishy", Suspicious

slyfoxy

Unless I'm wrong, no 5 day passes were on sale for Thurs.' pre-sale. There's no f***in way they could've LEGITIMATELY sold out in one minute!Not sure what hanky-panky was involved, but something smells. No doubt about it. Either Ticketbastard only had very few to sell and it was an enticement to get us all to the computers and once there, the scumbags realized we were gonna go for multiple dates since we were so excited and basically they then make like twice the $ on all of us.

Or scalpers scooped them up like mad in the first few minutes. There were scalpers' tickets up on StubHub and EBay for the Boston show by 10:15 on Thursday morning (during the presale). Ticket brokers, I'm sure, have software and/or employees who buy muchisimo tickets in the first few minutes of any sale on TicketBastard.

--jeniphir

Several days ago, it was announced that the onsale for the packages was today. It was also announced last night (on TTY) that there were, in fact, only 200 of the NY packages available. I was ready the very second they became available and got two.

200 tickets will go very fast when you have people all over the country- and even in Europe- trying to buy them all at once. I've seen huge U2 shows sell out completely in under 10 minutes- we're talking 36,000 seat venues. It happens.

Obviously, half the venue can't hold the special ticket with the front-of-line privilege. I think it was offered for a reason, and intended for a certain group of people to make it easier for them to come.

according to true-to-you there were only 200 passes...so yes some people only bought one, many bought two...and there are those who are going with a small group...and then scalpers....so you are looking at probably less than 50 people being able to fill orders (whatever amount they wanted) for the five day pass.

there were probably more than 50 people on at exactly 10 AM trying to get tickets. so yes it is very likely the package sold out within 30 seconds...and yes some probably were able to score after the first minute, if those filling orders were not fast enough or their credit card was denied...but still...the demand was high for the package deal. it was nothing more than a promotion to get people's attention of the tour, since they can offer more, but that will mean less profit.

edit: Pregnant beat me with the common sense post.

Or scalpers scooped them up like mad in the first few minutes. There were scalpers' tickets up on StubHub and EBay for the Boston show by 10:15 on Thursday morning (during the presale). Ticket brokers, I'm sure, have software and/or employees who buy muchisimo tickets in the first few minutes of any sale on TicketBastard.

--jeniphir

There have been listings on Stubhub and Ebay for all the shows for about two weeks now.

Just be glad it isn't a U2 show. Scalpers snag all of those- they sell out in 10 minutes, and all tickets are at least $600 each after that. And that's for nosebleed in a football stadium.

Before ANY tickets for ANY shows went on sale, all were listed on the various broker sites. The prices were mostly in the $140-$180 range. I have scoured all of those sites since I was unable to get the 5-day package and they only show the single tickets. If it were to come available I would imagine the cheapest it would be is $350 but $500 is more likely. May as well get the 10 show package for LA, if still available

I didn't realize there were only gonna be 200 available. That's such a miniscule number since Hammerstein hild 3,000 peeps.

do you think it's possible that not all of the 200 tix went on sale the first day?
maybe they only offered a certain ammount of them on the first day of the sale?

anyway - hope everybody gets the chance to see at least one show.
sorry for those being unsuccessful :-(

Back
Top Bottom