(Marie's The Name) His Latest Flame/Rusholme Ruffians
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
Jeane
Meat Is Murder
/This Charming Man
/Hand In Glove
//William It Was Really Nothing
//Miserable Lie

The Aberdeeen crowd were up for a good time, and the hall felt nicely enclosed and packed. The band picked up on the energy and played with added urgency. The setlist was extended by two tracks. "How Soon Is Now?" returned after having been dropped for three nights. It would not be played after this until the Smiths went on their Queen Is Dead tour. "Jeane" was played for the first time on this mini-tour. It had been a regular on the summer dates in North America. This was to be the song's last outing.

As he had done earlier on this short tour, after their cover of "What's The World", Morrissey started "That song was written by..." but never said that it was by James. Before "The Boy With The Thorn In His Side", Morrissey started saying "This is our new single... which will no doubt... break..." but he was interrupted by the crowd chanting his name. After the song, it was Johnny's turn to have his name chanted by the fans. In "Stretch Out And Wait" Morrissey sang the new intro as heard on the "The World Won't Listen" compilation.

Before the two new songs "Frankly Mr Shankly" and "Bigmouth Strikes Again", Morrissey introduced them as such. Before "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now", he replied to someone in the audience shouting to hear "Barbarism Begins At Home": "We don't do 'Barbarism...' anymore... it's too depressing..." The ressuscitated "Jeane" included a few twangs from the intro to the Beatles "Day Tripper" the way it did when performed earlier in the year. Before "This Charming Man", Morrissey asked "Can you hear me?" In "Miserable Lie", he took many liberties with the melody of certain lines.
Note:This was the final performance of Jeane

Back
Top Bottom