3 rare (?) Jake-pics from 2009 on Morrissey press page

source: https://shorefire.com/roster/morrissey

46870__images_uploads_gallery_Morrissey005Moody_FFv01.jpg

46872_Morrissey014Nat2_FFv01.jpg

46871__images_uploads_gallery_Morrisy009Nat2-copyFFv01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Moz looks ace in the 1st and 3rd photo. As photogenic as anyone could ever hope to be. Great pics.

Moz looks ace in the 1st and 3rd photo. As photogenic as anyone could ever hope to be. Great pics.
Yeah one or two of them woulda made a great sleeve to sub for that one holding the kid. I've always preferred the sleeves where he's shot out in the real world as opposed to the studio shoots aka Quarry, YOR, etc...

I reckon West Hollywood Auto is where The California Son (well Senior P.A. Jake) at the time would take The California Son's beat up brown BMW that he used to drive around Moz Angeles in to be worked on when he had that house in Norma Triangle (right before the house on Sweetzer). Reckon I never knew why he would drive around in such a piece of shit, but reckon I realized so he wouldn't be noticed by all the loonie stalkers from Brittin, Serbvlakia, New Youraaaaawk, Baaaaawston....etc inn nn nn nnn nn n nnn nn nn din't n nn it cheers mate.

Absolutely gorgeous!!!
It would be good if someone could put together a book with photos of his solo career.

Absolutely gorgeous!!!
It would be good if someone could put together a book with photos of his solo career.
Yeah and there needs to be a remastered version of Peepholism released with updated art.

Yeah one or two of them woulda made a great sleeve to sub for that one holding the kid. I've always preferred the sleeves where he's shot out in the real world as opposed to the studio shoots aka Quarry, YOR, etc...
I agree but it can go wrong sometimes, like the Swords photo which must have been taken by a blind photographer who got lost in the woods and is still there now licking moss off trees. Either that or Moz was blind that day.

51c-fZq6ZvL._SY355_.jpg

I agree but it can go wrong sometimes, like the Swords photo which must have been taken by a blind photographer who got lost in the woods and is still there now licking moss off trees. Either that or Moz was blind that day.

51c-fZq6ZvL._SY355_.jpg
I don't mind the Swords cover if I have to choose from the recent sleeves. It might be the colours and I'm a sucker for Mozzer lost in the woods. The inner bag sleeve would've made a better cover though where he's standing in profile with the sun on the undergrowth. At least it's not shot in a studio with him holding a prop.

51c-fZq6ZvL._SY355_.jpg
The back of the record's picture is better than this cover (commonly referred to as the sh*tting in the woods picture).
Hell, even the tour poster was better:

20190327_214135.jpg

Travis Shinn was having an off day perhaps?

He's taken weirder ones:
Morrissey[1].jpg

Regards,
FWD.

The back of the record's picture is better than this (commonly referred to as the sh*tting in the woods picture).
Hell, even the tour poster was better:

View attachment 48385

Travis Shinn was having an off day perhaps?

He's taken weirder ones:
View attachment 48386

Regards,
FWD.
THere's nothing weird about that pic. He's just showing he can spill milk all day and not cry about it because he still has three pomegranates. It's not hard if you take the time :)

Is there a story behind this photo by Travis Shinn ?
Both together & a couple from the same shoot:
imageproxy.jpeg

shinn.jpg
shinn2 (1).jpg

No idea as to story. It was all shot in LA. He's a great photographer and has taken some iconic shots of hundreds of musicians. Swords must have a good reason behind it - just one we may never know. Morrissey's overall response to Swords was a scathing comment on TTY. That was about it.

Travis also did:
tumblr_mzxhzkiojt1s8jt63o1_1280.png

Regards,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom