2nd Hollywood Bowl date added (Nov. 11, 2017); Nov. 10 sold out

A second date has been added, according to Morrissey Official Facebook & Ticketmaster:

Sat 11/11 @ 7:30pm
Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood, CA

Onsale to General Public
Tue 08/29/17 10:00 am PDT

Friday Nov. 10th is sold out! Thank you everyone. By overwhelming demand - a SECOND SHOW has been added Saturday Nov. 11. Tickets on sale Tuesday Aug. 29 10am pst. No pre-sale, no codes.

40624_hollywood_bowl_fb_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
$320 to see Moz ply for 85-90 minutes?? 50/50 chance of show not even taking place! Upset him early on in the set and he'll be away like a rat up a drainpipe! When did Moz get so popular as to be able to charge these prices? And sell them too? Its f***ing weird or is it officially bizarro world now?.............$320? WTF is going on?
I agree but it's only a few seats in the privileged section that will cost that much. It will be a mix of Morrissey true believers who stole their mom's credit card to buy the tickets and Hollywood scumbags who spend more than that for lunch.

artificial sell outs, when it get close to the show date, there will be a flood of tix available. there will be blocks of empty seats.

Crykey blood hell. You people still and will never get it. IT'S LA!!! Home sweet home, Moz Angeles...The Sunset Marquis..etc He could sell out 5 shows straight guaranteed in LA or anywhere in Southern California. He doesn't cancel. He can charge what he wants and Mexican gang members cannot afford pool tickets at the Hollywood Bowl, so there is a higher demand from the Irish Catholic crowd from Malibu, Calabasas, Beverly Hills, and Encino.

Morrissey's back in style, fellas.
I'm really looking forward to listen "Low in high school".
And what did happen to those dates once mentioned?

I'm so happy for Moz to have sold out the Hollywood BowI and I hope the second date sells out as well. I wonder if these two dates at a massive venue like the bowl are just to show BMG that Moz has a presence which is still well supported by a fanbase Who will go to his concerts and will buy the new music on multiple formats and will return the investment. I might have gotten a seat at the top just to chill up there during Billy Idol but when those lights go off lots of people will make their way down I'm sure, the hill on the side is so steep I like to watch the women in heels struggle up it holding their beer trying not to spill it. Hilarious.

Not sure. It sort of feels a bit different this time. Perhaps it's because LIH-S (am I starting an acronym trend?) was described as a 'landmark record'. I know that was just what was on the press release though. Sort of feels a bit different this time. He's got his own imprint too, just like the Attack days.

I like your acronym LIH-S very much. :)
From now on anybody leaving out the hyphen will be severely trolled by me. It is also very recognizable between all the other ones.
All spelling nazis here at solo, I love you! :D

artificial sell outs, when it get close to the show date, there will be a flood of tix available. there will be blocks of empty seats.

The first date sold out very fast. A second one planned by public demand. Shove the crackpipe up your arse. While it's still burning.

Somebody has done their homework very well :thumb: You should be very proud of yourself.
Now keep up the good work I have very high hopes for you.

#Switzerland is mine

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

sold out to resellers. make you think its sold out so you panic and buy the tix at 1000 dollars when in fact they are holding thousands of tix which will be released shortly before the gig takes place, when they figure they cant squeeze another nickel from the bot. its standard operating procedure nowadays FFS
there will be probably more empty seats on night one than night two. get smart.

Somebody has done their homework very well :thumb: You should be very proud of yourself.
Now keep up the good work I have very high hopes for you.

#Switzerland is mine

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Morrissey is constantly telling americans the difference between Switzerland and Sweden which explains his grey hairs.

With Anne in Lausanne!

The only way to fight the touts is having a second date that was immediately announced after the rapid sel-out of the first.
What more could be done?

In any case blocks of empty seats are not there because of a lack of public demand if the second date is a" full house " as you said it would be.

Crykey blood hell. You people still and will never get it. IT'S LA!!! Home sweet home, Moz Angeles...The Sunset Marquis..etc He could sell out 5 shows straight guaranteed in LA or anywhere in Southern California. He doesn't cancel. He can charge what he wants and Mexican gang members cannot afford pool tickets at the Hollywood Bowl, so there is a higher demand from the Irish Catholic crowd from Malibu, Calabasas, Beverly Hills, and Encino.

I always read your posts and see before me Dylan from 90210 moaning about whatever is on the moan menu of the day.

Do you organise union jack burnings?

I will agree that us LA fans have not had to experience serial cancellations. I was wondering why he skipped LA-proper on his last round of touring ... perhaps he was planning this build up?

I think he'll probably sell out the 2nd night at the HB - tying what he did in 1992 - but what about a 3rd night? The Cure did it last year and Depeche Mode sold out 4 nights in October.

Last edited:
The only way to fight the touts is having a second date that was immediately announced after the rapid sel-out of the first.
What more could be done?

In any case blocks of empty seats are not there because of a lack of public demand if the second date is a" full house " as you said it would be.

Fight touts?? WTF is wrong with you. Moz IS the ULTIMATE TOUT FFS. He has a sign glued on the freeway.
I dont really want to have to continue explaining to you how this all works and why night one and night two have in reality sold out.
I would advise you and your fellow Bots is to stick a "rob me" sing on your forehead and be done with it.
I mean, paying 1ooo dollars for tix they will be giving away the day before the show.... did you all inherit the thousand dollars ????

I always read your posts and see before me Dylan from 90210 moaning about whatever is on the moan menu of the day.

Do you organise union jack burnings?

That was from me the swede Urbanus. I am working on moving on from being a swede and becoming a fruit.

I can say I don't think there was a single pool seat sold that wasn't in the ticketmaster platinum program... sad, but it better artists make that mark up no scalpers
I was able to buy a pool ticket with regular presale codes. I guess I was lucky.

Things will be very quiet on the Skinny-front in the next few months. Until the first bad review, from anywhere, comes in and he will be all over it like the leecher he is.

Great way to start the - hopefully - world tour by two sold out shows at the bowl!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom